Aluminum & Copper Energy Toxicity?

Hi Don

I read many posts of yours on ethericwarriors and in the process was persuaded to give orgonite a try… my question (and one you’ve likely addressed somewhere ) is about using copper & aluminum when Reich specifically classes them as ‘toxic’ in his Handbook

Does the logic behind the use of these ‘toxic’ metals boil down to increased polarity or something to that effect?

Thanks for your time

Thanks, *****–I think you’ll be pleased with what happens after you get started but it’s always good to mention that our subjective impressions are important. We in the West tend to write all of that off as ‘overactive imagination.’ One reason I feel it’s important to have an international forum for this is that the subjective impressions are so consistent among people who do the work and we’re obviously fairly reputable and balanced people on that forum.

I never learned why Reich specifically claimed that aluminum was toxic for orgone tech and your mention is the first I’ve come across about a similar claim for copper. Carol and I use both in our orgonite products, along with titanium and brass for specific applications. People who see energy, which I think included Dr Reich, are able to more easily determine which subtle characeristics can be applied for certain purposes but none of that seems to matter in the case of field orgonite, which is the forum’s main concern. Most of us just use aluminum for that because it’s cheap, plentiful, lightweight and easy to work with.

A gifter in Topeka told me that she found a massive orgone accumulator, made with copper plates in ceiling, walls and floor. in an abandoned building at the Menninger Institute site. Since that facility was a cutting-edge, reputable psychiatric research place I sort of assume they worked with Reich, at least unofficially. LOTS of shrinks admired him but only a handful would admit it. It reminds me of greenboots’ closet fascination with orgonite.

Generally, people who find us after having been introduced to the surviving organization around Orgonon have to unlearn some biased assumptions. Reich wanted his protegés to be more than just blind imitators, of course. He craved dialogue and wanted people to intelligently question his findings, then find ways to improve on what he did.

This global movement has been expanding for 14 years and nobody who makes and tosses orgonite has caused any harm, obviously. Also, we’re hidden on the web under a dogpile of poseurs and frightmongers so only the more discerning are likely to even find us.

~Don

I’d like to answer that one, because this question has been going on for many years in france… I provided a ful lreply on my website, but never ahd time to translate it yet into english. Basically the problem is a misconception, the rules of not using aluminium and copper, indeed are true (he recommends only steel and iron for living organisms, Orgone energy bulletin vol1, page 133), but they apply to orgone ACCUMULATORS, which are not the same at all as orgonite, at the time Reich worked orgonite didn’t exist at all.

It’s a long question to answer, but shortly said, the rules for accumulators are not the same as for orgonite, orgonite works with a metal/resin + quartz mix, accumulators work with layers of organic/inorganic matter, there’s no quartz. It’s not the same process at all.

I’ll use an extract of Orgone energy bulletin vol. 5, page 1 (page 70 of the full bulletin):

"The atmospheric orgone radiation is attracted to and absorbed by organic materials, and both attracted to and repelled by the inorganic material, thus setting up a direction of movement of orgone from the atmosphere toward the interior of the enclosure. This accumulated energy within the enclosure is then attracted to the organic matter which constitues the patient’s body. "

I can’t quote the full bulletins because I have no rights to do so, but in one of them, I can’t remember which, it was somehow discovered that aluminium or copper or even lead, did not act as like other inorganic materials (i.e. iron/steel that should attract and repel orgone), copper and aluminium only repelled orgone! That’s why it’s obviously not useful in an accumulator, because you have entire enclosures, if constituent parts of the full enclosure of an accumulator box strictly repel orgone (like aluminium and copper), then obviously it’s not good for an accumulator, the orgone needs to get inside the box…

But in orgonite we have no such things, there’s no enclosure of metal, just scraps, there it’s fine, the resin does the attracting part anyway and it’s not enclosed inside a full metal box that prevents any orgone from ever reaching it.

1 Like