April 16 - ready - The flip phone market in India increased 17.5% year-on-year in the 3rd quarter of 2019

“The more outré and grotesque an incident is the more carefully it deserves to be examined.”

From " The Hound of the Baskervilles ", by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1902

December 17, 2017 - Teen Depression, Suicide Linked To Time Spent On Phones

May 13, 2019 - Massive Increase In Teen Suicides Linked To Smartphones

January 30, 2020 - More and more Americans are dying by suicide. What are we missing ?

November 2, 2018 - Smartphone sales down for fourth straight quarter

May 1, 2019 - According to IDC, phone sales declined for the sixth straight quarter , a 6.6% drop year over year

November 14, 2019 - India - The flip phone market increased 17.5% year-on-year in the 3rd quarter this year

March 9, 2020 - Huawei expects a 20% drop in phone sales, thanks to lack of Google apps

March 20, 2020 - Coronavirus : Smartphone sales collapse amid pandemic

Worldwide, phone shipments fell 38% to 61.8 million units in February

December 9, 2018 - Feature Phones Sales Rise Amid Smartphone Slump , Industry Research Shows
A big portion of the total feature phone shipments accounted for units that were delivered to the Middle East and African markets . Sales in the two markets reportedly shot up 32 percent.

March 18, 2020 - Rising smartphone sales in Africa to fall with coronavirus crisis

Stationkeeping: the attached photo is of me last weekend. That’s the bike I was on when the MK’d Agency wetworker (and her terrified daughter) drove into me at 40 mph back in Pittsburgh. I forget the year. It didn’t bend the bottom bracket. Or the rims. All the tubes perfectly straight. I had a scratch on my shin. No bruise on my lower back/butt where the car’s nose hit me.

I flew ten or fifteen feet, got up, moved my bike out of the intersection. The wetworker, an Hispanic woman whose first language was not English, wept, and said “you are very strong.”

Documented with the police. Checked at the hospital. Insurance company said it was my fault, then backtracked and said it was the wetworker’s fault, because she’d lied when she’d originally spoken with them. And I had to sign and promise to never sue. So I took their $500 and bought the Cook Bros. crank arms that you see on the bike.

That’s what they call “provenance”.

They haven’t fucked with me in 3D since.

As you can see from the sets of headlines immediately above, the folks in charge have lost control of the game. Four years ago or so, the populace began to abandon technology en masse , having discerned that it had been weaponized against them.

The folks in charge, who had previously weaponized said technology, recently weaponized a bat virus and released it upon the populace. Which virus is being blamed it for all manner of things, including the collapse of the smart phone industry.

When, in fact, that industry’s collapse is being driven by the fact that people are ditching their smugphones for flip phones. As you can see in an article below from November 2019:

“The feature phone market, which still accounts for 43.3 percent of total mobile phone shipments in India, posted a 17.5 percent year-on-year in the third quarter this year, their resilience in not fading out is impeding the growth of smartphones as a huge number of users are not upgrading to smartphones.”

If you were paying attention, you saw that the author wrote that feature phones “posted a 17.5 percent year-on-year in the third quarter this year”. Where they brazenly eliminated the word “increase”, because the international news blackout forbade them from using it.

Worldwide, shipments of web-enabled phones fell 38% in February 2020. Now, I’ll readily agree that, in February, a subset of potential phone customers were sidelined by virus concerns.

However, the truth of the situation will out over time. If the Establishment accounts are veritable, the moment the “all clear!” horn has been blown, and the industry will move on as before.

Whereas, if I am correct, we’ll be able to continue to track falling smart phone sales and rising flip phone sales. As we have been able to this moment.

I’ll simply continue to keep daily track the situation, as I have for many years, now.

Remember: It’s only been five years since smart phones passed flip phones in market penetration.

Everybody knows smugphone sales aren’t dropping because of the virus .

Everybody knows that so-called “smart” phones make people want to kill themselves .

As a species, we’re moving up and past these people.

And I believe that their current social engineering efforts are ultimately only going to speed that process.

Jeff Miller, Brooklyn, New York, April 16, 2020

If you’d like to be added to the mailing list, or know someone who would be, please send me a note at [email protected]

August 14, 2013 - Smartphones Finally Overtook Dumbphone Sales Globally In Q2

December 17, 2017 - Teen Depression, Suicide Linked To Time Spent On Phones

November 2, 2018 - Smartphone sales down for fourth straight quarter

December 9, 2018 - Feature Phones Sales Rise Amid Smartphone Slump , Industry Research Shows

Feature phones appear to be on the rise again, while smartphone sales are weaken ing , a new industry research has claimed this week.

On Wednesday, Korea Herald learned from industry tracker Counterpoint Research that there’s been an increase in the global shipments of feature phones as the smartphone makers struggle to lure more consumers into buying or upgrading to their latest-generation handsets.

Global data compiled by the firm showed that feature phones saw a 3 percent jump from last year with its 112 million units shipments from the July to September period. The increment is very evident in emerging markets where phones with basic functions are preferred by most consumers.

A big portion of the total feature phone shipments accounted for units that were delivered to the Middle East and African markets. Sales in the two markets reportedly shot up 32 percent . Shipments to the Middle East, Africa and India reportedly comprised 70 percent of the total figure.

May 1, 2019 - Phone sales declined in 2019

According to IDC, phone sales declined for the sixth straight quarter with shipments totaling 310.8 million units marking a 6.6% drop year over year .

May 13, 2019 - Massive Increase In Teen Suicides Linked To Smartphones

November 15, 2019 - The feature phone market, which still accounts for 43.3 percent of total mobile phone shipments in India, posted a 17.5 percent year-on-year in the third quarter this year, their resilience in not fading out is impeding the growth of smartphones as a huge number of users are not upgrading to smartphones.

January 30, 2020 - More and more Americans are dying by suicide. What are we missing ?

America’s suicide rate won’t stop rising.

Numbers released Thursday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show 48,344 people died by suicide in 2018, up from 47,173 the year before. While the increase was small, just two-tenths of a percent, the rise in deaths over time has been steady. Since 1999, the suicide rate has climbed 35%.

Death rates in 2018 increased for only two of the 10 leading causes of death: suicide and influenza/pneumonia.

(Where “rising” and “climbed” are both positive. Attempts at positive spin. - ed)

January 30, 2020 - America’s suicide rate has increased for 13 years in a row

IN 2010 AMERICA’S Department of Health and Human Services set a goal of reducing the country’s suicide rate from 12.1 to 10.2 per 100,000 population by 2020. Instead of falling, however, the rate has climbed. On January 30th the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a federal government agency, reported that more than 48,000 Americans had taken their own lives in 2018, equivalent to 14.2 deaths per 100,000 population. This makes suicide the tenth-biggest cause of death in the United States— deadlier than traffic accidents and homicide.

Mar 20, 2020 - Coronavirus: Smartphone sales collapse amid pandemic

Worldwide, phone shipments fell 38% to 61.8 million units in February

Jeff Commando Bridge.jpg