Carol's Bullwinkle Initiation

Yesterday afternoon we lacked a cucumber for our supper so we drove over to Spirit Lake, ten miles through the woods. That’s the closest grocery.

About halfway there, in the twilight, a moose trotted across the road about 200 feet ahead of us. Carol slowed down, steadily, so she could see if it was male or female because female’s usually have youngsters behind them. We had almost stopped and something landed on the car and smashed the windshield right in front of me. That made us stop all the way, kind of abruptly, and we watched a bull moose, with big antlers, roll off to the right side of the car and land on hisright side. He quickly got up, glanced at us, shook himself a little and trotted off toward where the other moose disappeared into the woods.

When we were sure no more moose were around I got out and looked for damage to the car but there was very little except for the windshield, as you can see:

[Image Can Not Be Found]

I took that pic today in the parking lot of the repair shop. The guy who gave Carol a repair estimate said he had never seen a car/moose exchange that didn’t completely or almost completely total the vehicle. Carol grew up and spent most of her life (so far) around here and has seen some harrowing moose/car collisions, also once watched a bull moose who had been hit by a car charge the car and cause even more damage. Moose are rarely incapacitated this way [Image Can Not Be Found]

The funny thing is that she hadn’t seen a moose on the highway in many years. She encountered, head-on, a female moose in the woods when she was riding her scooter on a trail in May, 2008 when we moved to this place and, fortunately, the moose simply turned around and moved off. A large SUV hit a bull moose on the highway, not far from here, last week and the car flipped over. The moose was killed, that time.

Two weeks ago, when Dooney was here, a young moose trotted into the road in front of us, about a quarter mile from the house, when we were coming home. I was driving and slowed way down but the moose just kept trotting in front of the car. Carol suggested I stop and when I did that, he went off into the woods. We didn’t see the mom. Since a moose sighting is kind of rare, we looked it up in one of Carol’s books about animal totems and the author of that one wrote that a moose is a symbol of self-empowerment. Carol feels that was a meeting between the moose and Dooney, who was spending the weekend with us to get a series of aura photos for her gemstone energy bracelets.

Carol feels that last night’s meeting was an initiation for her. She was kind of rattled after it happened, but only for a few minutes. When we got to the store she said, ‘That was the most expensive cucumber, ever!’ I don’t remember feeling afraid; it was exciting as hell for me and I felt blessed [Image Can Not Be Found] sort of like having an encounter with a kudu in Africa. They’re about the same size, by the way. Africans encounter enormous, wild beasts so often that it’s probably not as noteworthy to them.

The black candle went out in the middle of the night, though it was only burnt down half way. This was another first for Carol and we take it as a good sign that the Triads/NSA cretins are feeling frustrated about the candles. See how little it takes to make things hard for corporate parasites when they’re trying to harm us? When we got home today, the front door was open, which probably means some NSA baby killers were in our house, again, and wanted us to know it.

~Don