Diverted zapper package

Was waiting for some Terminators arriving from Don for 3 weeks. Not that it’s surprising - if they get stuck in Customs it can get much worse than that. What was happening was that usps.com was giving me this cryptic status as the latest information:

Your item departed a transfer airport in Lisboa, Lisbon, PORTUGAL on April 15, 2015 at 2:06 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

“transfer airport”? It shouldn’t be, because that is the last airport before it’s processed through the national postal service

Eventually they arrived yesterday and lo and behold, on the package was a sticker saying “missent to Taipei”! It’s pretty cool to think these zappers went to places I haven’t been to but actually this type of infantile shenanigans disrupts the flow of business and for a couple of weeks nobody has any idea where they are. It was funny though, trying to explain to my grandmother how can a postal package be redirected so far away, “by mistake” At least the last zapper packages I’ve been receiving were not molested by Customs, so there seems to be an improvement.

Carlos

Thanks for posting this, partner. I’ve missed the mark posting about some of our similar sabotage events but this has been happening a lot to our commercial packages since Francisco and I finished our Central America excursion in January (four months ago). A package to a customer in Brazil was sent to Taipei from Brazil, for instance.

I did mention that when Francisco sent me a couple of boxes of towerbusters last year from Spain (for the trip) the boxes went to New York, where usps.com tracking indicated they were delayed in customs for a couple of weeks, they were then sent to England for a couple of days, then back to New York, then were delivered to me a couple of weeks after that. It was an odd location in England, too–not London where all postal stuff from abroad enters the country.

Figuring out why the sewer rat agencies are doing this might be a little like trying to figure out why most of America’s and Britain’s leading politicians and aristocrats are pedophiles–a useless and pointless exercise.

Figuring out why the sewer rat agencies are doing this might be a little like trying to figure out why most of America’s and Britain’s leading politicians and aristocrats are pedophiles–a useless and pointless exercise.

Absolutely! That’s why I explained this event to her as being caused by overwhelmed personnel at the airport terminal.