"Dropping Smartphone Use" from "Positive Changes That Are Occurring", by Jeff Miller

The breakthrough in this piece is the tracking of the propaganda as it develops over time, specifically vis a vis the move away from smartphones as a demonized "lightning rod" to try to keep the populace from abandoning technology entirely.

They want you to ditch your smartphone, but keep your GPS in your car to get you to work or to school, and they want to keep you having to be online while you are at work or school. They want to keep you online while you're watching TV, and while you are observing the helpful reports on the weather radar. 

Shutting off the just the smartphones wouldn't so much as flake the paint on the Death energy network. And that's their play, right now. I don't even own a "smart" phone, but that's scant protection, as the wi-fi router in your living room and mine is spewing its deadliness, while conveniently allowing me to write this article without using wires. 

You can see the con being set up back in 2013, already, right when sales started to drop for the first time.

I got a cell phone right when they were invented, back around 2002, but quickly ditched it, because it sucked. I was browbeaten into getting another in 2006, the year Idiocracy came out, and here we sit 14 years later. 

The days of people laughing at my flip phone are way past. Now I'm the future, or theirs, anyway.

The future I'm moving toward does not include either ionizing or non-ionizing radiation. Nor does it include the ancient network of genetically-related Death worshippers who've been ruling us, well, all the way back to Babylon, and before.

DROPPING USE OF SO-CALLED “SMART” PHONES

Great positive changes are underway at every level of our reality. They began in earnest in 2012, and have been increasing in speed and magnitude. I began writing this series of articles, entitled "Positive Changes That Are Occurring", in July of 2013.

These historically-unprecedented positive changes are being driven by many hundreds of thousands, if not millions of simple, inexpensive Orgonite devices based on Wilhelm Reich's work.

Since Don Croft first fabricated tactical Orgonite in 2000, its widespread, ongoing and ever-increasing distribution has been unknitting and transforming the ancient Death energy matrix built and expanded by our dark masters, well, all the way back to Babylon, and before. And, as a result, the Ether is returning to its natural state of health and vitality.

One of those changes is dropping use of so-called "smart" phones. Because awareness has risen to the point where the public understands that the technology is very, very bad for you.

Just looking at your smartphone makes you less intelligent. Smartphones have a "butterfly brain effect" on users that can cause mental blunders. The effect is measurable even when the phones are switched off, and is worse for those who are more dependent on their mobiles.

People who had their phones on the desk recorded a 10 per cent lower score than those who left them in a different room on operational span tasks, which measures working memory and focus. Those who kept their phones further out of sight in their pockets or their bags scored only slightly better than when phones were placed on desks.

The researchers found that the negative effect of having a phone within eyeshot was significantly greater among those who said they were dependent on their smartphones. Participants who had expressed sympathy with phrases such as "I would have trouble getting through a normal day without my cellphone" and “using my cellphone makes me feel happy” performed as well as others when their phone was in a different room, but worse when it was placed on their desk.

The study also found reaction speeds to be affected, with students who had their phone on the desk responding more sluggishly in high-pace tests.

It even found that phones can even distract users even when they are turned off and placed face down. Those with phones outside of the room "slightly outperformed" those with switched off devices.

Nokia's stock dropped 70% from 2006 to 2016.

In 2013, mobile phone sales dropped for the first time since 2009.

In January 2011, bmcpublichealth.biomedcentral.com said “High frequency of mobile phone use at baseline was a risk factor for mental health outcomes at 1-year follow-up among the young adults.”

“A little more than half of the participants were categorized as having low mobile phone use (five or fewer calls and five or fewer SMS messages per day) and 22% of the men and 24% of the women as having high use (eleven or more calls or SMS messages per day) (Table 1). A massive majority reported that they were expected to be available on a daily basis and one out of four around the clock. Only a few percent found accessibility via mobile phones very stressful, while about half of the participants did not find it stressful at all. Most participants were never, or only on rare occasions, woken up by the mobile phone, and only a few reported being woken by the mobile phone on a weekly basis. Thirteen percent of the men and 22% of the women indicated that they themselves, or someone close to them, thought that they used the mobile phone too much, and 6 and 14%, respectively, had tried, but failed, to cut down on mobile phone use (Table 1).

The women reported stress almost twice as often as the men (29% compared to 16%) at baseline. Twenty-three percent of the men and 34% of the women indicated sleep disturbances. Of the men, 27% reported one and 24% two symptoms of depression, and of the women, 30% reported one and 34% two symptoms of depression. Among participants who were symptom-free at baseline (in outcome variable concerned), the prevalence at 1-year follow-up was as follows for the men and women, respectively; current stress: 10% and 19%, sleep disturbances: 15% and 20%, symptoms of depression (one item): 24% and 28%, and symptoms of depression (two items): 12% and 18%.”

Women reported stress twice as often as men. Sleep disturbances were 48% higher among women. Reporting of one symptom of depression was 11% among women. Reporting of two symptoms of depression was 42% higher among women. The percentage of women who felt the used their phones too much was 70% higher than males who felt the same. The number of women who tried but failed to cut down on mobile phone use was 133% higher than men who felt the same.

Way back in September 2011, right when the positive changes I’m documenting got underway in earnest, BrightHub said “ ‘Why’ is the iPhone ‘Not Cool Anymore’? It's a Dad Phone!”

In January 2013, someone on Pinterest said “ ‘Why’ I Kicked Facebook to the Curb (And ‘Why’ I Don't Have a Smart Phone)

In January 2013, someone said “ ‘What’ Has Science Done!?: I ‘Hate’ Smartphones”.

In January 2013, Lifehacker said “ ‘Why’ I'm Glad My Smartphone Broke”.

In March 2013. LearnEnglish Teens said “ ‘Why’ I'm happy without a smartphone”.

In July 2013, thoughtcatalog.com said “5 Reasons Why You Can No Longer Go Through Life Without A Smart Phone”. This is an edgy, early flip, programming you to look through it, see the five things, say, “I could live without those”, and so move on through the conditioning process, away from technology. Even now, the folks in charge know the game is up, and are planning the move away from technology, or, more correctly, to continue to ride in power even despite the collapse of their brass-ring gambit, Technology.

And now you can see that all the “why” pieces up above it are also driving the same meme. This propaganda analysis thing is pretty cool, right? It’s not like breaking the enemy’s code, it IS breaking the enemy’s code.

In September 2013, readwrite.com said “Americans ‘Losing’ Faith In Technology, ‘But Can't Break The Addiction’.

Hm, that’s a strict lash there…” ‘ditch’ the addiction, loser!” They’re driving the herd.

In September 2013, Reuters said “BlackBerry’?’ Like, ‘so’ not cool, ‘say young users’ ”.

Where “say young users” is a hilarious and terrifying reference to the ruthless Party youngsters in George Orwell’s “1984”. Driving the herd.

In October 2014, Reviewed.com said “Listen Up: It's Time to Rename the Smartphone”. You get to finish the joke in your head, and your an insider! Driving the herd. Trying to stay calm and cheery despite the collapse of Technology, their most spectacular and crucial gambit in history. Now back down the trail of retreat they go.

The article continues: “The word "smartphone," like its "smart" brethren, was lazy and redundant to begin with. It's time to ‘ditch’ it altogether.” “Ditch”. Very manipulative. “Ditch the loser, LOSER.” They’re driving the herd.

The trend is already over, but those in the populace who will do anything but lead must now be led by the nose to the next “trend”. And here, at all costs, that means “ditch the demonized phone, but keep all of your other “technology” in place. The Internet you are forced to use at work and in school, the GPS that you now cannot live without. As long as there’s a fog of non-ionizing wifi radiation, the folks in charge won’t mind losing this one implement.

“An article from 2014 was headlined “Why I'm ‘Ditching’ My Smartphone For A ‘Good, Old-Fashioned’ Cell Phone”.

“Ditching”, as in “ditch the addiction”, or “ditch the loser”, like I just said previously. “Good Old-Fashioned” is love-tastic, you’ll run right to it. They’re driving the herd.

An article from 2014 was headlined “the downfall of smartphones”.

In October 2014, “The Cut” described “My Week With a Flip Phone”

“As a smartphone ‘addict’ who literally sleeps with my iPhone clutched in my hand (it's an alarm clock!), the idea of something that allows me to communicate but can free me from the attention-‘prison’ of a smartphone is ‘enticing’.

Putting “addict” on the front end drives the reader. Putting “enticing” on the end is hot, and powerful. They’re really selling, here.

In 2015, Indian mobile phone sales dropped for the first time in 20 years.

In March 2015, the business networking website LinkedIn said “ ‘Why’ Giving Up My ‘Smartphone’ Is the Best Thing I Did for Myself”.

The folks in charge are riding the collapse of technology, and the play is to try to get you to just ditch your phone, versus your whole deadly online life. Since they’ve already lost the position, they can now sell against it, and you get to maintain your utter passivity, while instead feeling energized and “progressive”.

In April 2015, Chicagonow.com said “I purchased my first smartphone today and I already hate it”.

Okay, who purchased their first smartphone in 2015? The Japanese WWII veteran holed up in the cave on the Pacific Island? This is a blatant example of what is known in the intelligence trade as a “hit piece”. It starts off by making the reader think “I’m so with it, I got my phone years ago! I was an ‘early adopter’!” Then it gives the reader who already hates their phone the green light to admit it. Because “they’re not going to get behind some late-to-the-party rube in the phone-ditching line”.

This is an example of what is known as “social engineering”, and it is how the few have controlled the many, well, all the way back to Babylon, and before.

In April 2015, medium.com said “My Phone Broke. Fuck My Phone”.

It’s pure Idiocracy. 

It’s “What To Think”. They’re driving the bewildered, ensheepled herd.

Or, I'm going to get rid of the phone altogether.” “Whoa, wait. Rewind. Did you just say flip phone?” “Yeah, a flip phone. Old school. Smartphones are out. Walking around with a computer in your pocket — that's not cool. That's slavery. I don't want to be a slave. Not having a phone is freedom.”

In May 2015, the U.K.’s Telegraph said “Humans have shorter attention span than goldfish, thanks to smartphones”. 

Now, there’s no mention of a of tripling brain cancer, here, or of an exponential increase in suicide, because they don’t want to stampede the herd away from technology in general, but rather merely away from the scapegoat of the smartphone. It’s what propagandists refer to as a “lightning rod”.

What makes the headline particularly galling and poisonous is that the inhumanly-described “humans” already had a shorter attention span than goldfish, well prior to the invention of the smartphone.

In July 2015, HuffPost stamped its pump and huffed “ ‘Why’ I'm Not Giving My Daughter a Smartphone”.

But I’m sure that cared-for daughter won’t be forbidden to go online to do her schoolwork. Capiche?

The damage from radiation is cumulative and dose dependent, and that includes both ionizing and non-ionizing radiation. The folks in charge are going to sacrifice the already-hated smartphone and try to keep everyone from noticing the wifi routers in every room.

In November 2015, extremetech.com said “Samsung will abandon the smartphone market within five years”. They were pretty much spot on it. When they split, they’ll say “the Covid ruined it!” Going forward, they’ll move all their efforts into Terminator robots, as well as the covert Death energy communication network that will be deployed once the general citizenry is forbidden from using them.

The governments of all the nations will hide the technologies inside of secure facilities, and continue to use them clandestinely for a little while longer, until the citizens get wise. Because, if there was Some Big Conspiracy, you couldn’t hide it, you couldn’t keep it a secret, somebody would speak up.

Yes!

In August 2015, slate.com at once fought the rearguard action and prepared for the socially-engineered change by saying “Smartphone addiction is not a real diagnosis.” It’s spoken in the voice of a child, like on a playground. It’s a stupid, childish thing to say, and that’s why it’s been phrased that way.

The reader is goaded into saying “it is, too!”, and shoving someone from slate.com. It’s social engineering for what passes for the forward thinking in our time, and a plausible-deniability out for the most spectacularly ignorant.

Smartphone sales in India dropped 30.5% from 2016 to 2017.

In February 2016, the U.K.’s Guardian explained “ ‘How’ I quit my smartphone ‘addiction’ and really started living”.

The blatant use of the word “addict!” in the headline. Cracking the whip, driving the herd.

The article continues: “I didn't get rid of it for some ‘hipster’-inspired ‘luddite’ ideal or because I couldn't afford it. I cut myself off because my life is better without a cellphone.

Where “hipster” is one of the most negative things you can say about a person, and “luddite” really turns a card. You can bet the fashion-forward declaimer at the Guardian isn’t going to unplug their GPS, or get rid of the wireless router on their nightstand.

In June 2016, CNN cracked the “you’re an ‘addict!’ “ whip again with “50% of teens feel ‘addicted’ to their phones, poll says.

They softened it up a bit with “feel” addicted, and put “poll ‘says’ “ on the end to give the subconscious of latecomers an opportunity to say “oh, but that’s just one poll!”

In July 2016, Odyssey said “ ‘Why’ I Got Rid Of My Smartphone And Bought A Brick Phone”.

The article continues: “Before smartphones, people were forced to talk to each other for entertainment. When things got tense or awkward in a situation, people didn't get to just look down at a screen they faced it full on. Honestly, if the ‘only’ reason to get rid of a smartphone was conversation, it'd be worth it.”

There’s no mention of tripling brain cancer rates, or exponentially-increasing suicide rates.

In August 2016, AllMomDoes “ ‘Why’ I Got Rid of My Smartphone”.

The abusive, controlling website pretends that it is cheering “All that mom does”, when what the name triggers in the subconscious is “all mom does is sit around eating bon bons”.

The article continues: “Not long after, half-hearted jibes of ‘We should ‘just’ get rid of our ‘phones’ ’ started up and we'd laugh and laugh and then put our phones back to our noses. After a while though, we started to mean it. So a couple of months ago, we started researching. We looked into purchasing ‘dinosaur phones’ or ‘dumb phones’.”

Where the devious “we should ‘just’ get rid of our phones” fakes that it means “we should simply get rid of our phones”, when in fact it means “we should get rid of just our phones, and not all the rest of our “technology”.

In August 2016, computerweekly.com said “Mobile phone sales ‘drop’ as ‘smartphone buyers bide their time’ ”.

Since sixty to seventy percent of readers only read headlines, the general “drop” is used to keep most readers from gaining any insight into the magnitude of the decrease.

“Smartphone buyers bide their time” is a plausible-deniability excuse, put forward to keep your eyes off the larger trend I’m documenting here, namely the collapse of the smartphone market. The propagandist knows that the subconscious of many or most readers will grasp any straw, no matter how thin, to remain off the hook of personal responsibility.

In October 2016, the abusively- and psychotically-named “Man Repeller” said “I Hate Being On My Phone All the Time”. Driving the titanically-conflicted, man-repelling herd.

The article wretchedly continues: “I am always on my phone but don't want to be…’what’ can I do about it?”

The weakest and most wretched person possible is speaking so that the reader of what I must remind the reader is entitled “Man Repeller” feels superior. The reader gets to make a decision to do something about it, so that they are not as lame and wretched as the example provided, and deep down because they do not in good faith wish to repel men. They’re self-image is such that they’ve visited a self-help website named “Man Repeller”.

It’s an example of what’s known as “social engineering”. It’s how the few have controlled the many, well, all the way back to Babylon, and before.

In December 2016, Gadgets Now fought the rearguard action with “7 ways to get rid of smartphone addiction”.

They’re blatantly calling you out as “addict!” in the headline, but press you with a myriad of ways to un-addict yourself, one of which may surely be presumed to work, and keep you from ditching your phone entirely.

The article continues: “7 ways to get rid of smartphone addiction. Let's face it. ‘We can't live without our smartphones’. Most people are glued to their smartphones all the time. Worse, a lot of those people would rather look into their phones than have a conversation with a real person”.

Where “can’t live without our smartphones” means that it will kill you if you try to leave it. There’s no mention of a tripling of brain cancer or an exponential increase in suicide. Only “being inattentive to others” or “being a poor conversationalist”.

In 2017, Fortune said that AT&T’s iPhone and Galaxy smart phone sales were “way down”. AT&T said that smartphone sales had become “so unpredictable” that it would no longer provide a forecast for the company's total revenue for 2017.

In 2017, students in the U.K. were increasingly turning to brick phones in a backlash against social media.

In January 2017, venture capitalist and Facebook board member Peter Thiel said “the ‘age of Apple’ is at its end”, that “the evolution of the smartphone has reached a zenith.”

In January 2017, Dan Tudor said “Why ‘I’ hate my smartphone”. He’s an “influencer”. He says “What To Think”, and he’s published, so the reader goes with it. Driving the herd.

In February 2017, Decluttr Blog asked “ ‘Are’ you addicted to your smartphone?”

The whip-cracking “addicted” is used in the headline, albeit softened by the “ ‘are’ you” hedge at the beginning.

The story continues: “In this post, we're going to examine ‘some’ of the symptoms of smartphone addiction and ways you can spend ‘a little’ less time with your phone and ‘a little’ more time with your family”.

They’re not going to examine smartphone addiction, but rather are only going to be examining “symptoms of” smartphone addiction. Then that’s hedged back yet again to examining only “some of” the symptoms of smartphone addiction.

You’re not going to get rid of your phone, you are going to spend less time with your phone. And it’s only going to be a “little” less time.

“I’m only going to have one drink. Well, maybe just one more…” They know who they’re playing, and how to play them.

In March 2017, Backlights and Buttons said “ ‘Sometimes’ I Hate My Smartphone”.

In March 2017, the Idiocracy voice is used straight up with “These shoes have a smartphone app and ‘now’ I hate the future”. The play is against the scapegoat smartphone. The hoped-for play is a small fallback to flip phones, which still suck, and always have, from the moment an asshole first whipped one out in a restaurant to show how important he was.

Miss Idiocracy hates the shoe-app, but doesn’t mention anything about a tripling of brain cancer, or an exponential increase in suicide having anything to do with her fresh hatred of the future.

The phone is being rejected on a purely behavioral basis, with a strict news blackout in place on the far more terrible physical damage that it is causing. 

In March of 2017 Blackberry was said to be “doing better since ditching the smartphone business”. In April 2017, BlackBerry was said to be “in REAL trouble”.

Apple's stock dropped more than 2% in May 2017.

In May 2017, Technology said that Apple reported a “surprise” drop in iPhone sales, “again”.

Gartner said that international sales of smartphones increased 9% in the 1st Quarter of 2017. This while Samsung smartphone sales dropped 50% in China in the 1st Quarter of 2017, to their lowest level in five years. 

P.S. The 2017 Internet Trends report showed that global shipments of smartphones grew just three percent in 2019, compared to ten percent in 2016. 

In May 2017, Tim Cook blamed the Apple’s sales drop on “press leaks”.

International smartphone shipments dropped 1.3% n the 2nd Quarter of 2017 year-over-year.

Smartphone sales in India dropped 4% in the 2nd Quarter of 2017.

In June 2017, Daily News Egypt said that smart phone sales in Egypt dropped 50% “after flotation”.

In June 2017, the Wall Street Journal broke strict journalistic rules by mentioning a specific brand, versus simply saying “Dear Smartphone”.

That’s a nod to China, who’ve been at the top of the control pyramid here on Earth, well, all the way back to Babylon, and before. The headquarters of the “Great White Brotherhood” is said to be below the Gobi Desert.

Where “white” is the distinct and separate race whom we refer to as “Neanderthal”. It’s why the ruling bloodline in all the nations is the one with the lightest skin.

In June 2017, the Clarion-Ledger said “Proposed child smartphone ban ‘reignites debate’ ”.

Where the general “debate” is used as a hedge. Propagandists know that sixty to seventy percent of readers only read the headlines, so this tactic “compartmentalizes” the data with an effectiveness shown by the spectacular, conditioned ignorance of the majority of the populace.

The article continues: “A group called Parents Against ‘Underage’ Smartphones (PAUS) has had ‘enough’. The group has set its sights on Colorado, seeking to ban smartphone sales for kids under 13 in that state.”

It’s a controlled-opposition play in which a generational Satanist “club” or “organization” is formed which attempts to direct “people getting rid of their smartphones” back to merely “underage” people getting rid of their smartphones.

The organization will “get play” in publications. It is a barely-clandestine attempt to do what is called “shaping public opinion”.

The whole play is, in turn a defensive step back from “people getting rid of technology”.

In July 2017, an article on youtube said “Had enough of spending 10+ hours on the smartphone”.

Where the implication is clearly “spend less hours”, versus “ditch the smartphone”, which is in turn a defensive step back from “people getting rid of technology”.

In July 2017, Una Mullally kept a subset of the electorate treading water with “I hate my iPhone - ‘but I cannot live without it’.” The “influencer” says she’d physically perish, keel over, meet her maker if she ditched her phone. That’s hyperbole.

These days her saying “cannot” makes her seem like a brilliant intellectual.

The words “mystery”, “baffled” and “puzzled” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything. One of those variants is “strange”.

That’s why an Urbo article from July 2017 says “Here's The ‘Strange’ Reason Japan Is Still Using Flip Phones”.

In July 2017 the Samsung Galaxy S8 smart phone was selling 20% below 2016’s S7.

LG dropped the prices of its phones “so quickly” in July 2017.

The sales of the Chinese smartphone makers Oppo and Vivo dropped for the first time in India in July 2017, by 30%.

In August 2017, the pornographically-named Rick Steelhammer ensheepled his readers with “ ‘Should’ 'smartphone zombies' be coddled or cited”.

One doesn’t cuddle a zombie, and so thus cannot and will never coddle a zombie, so Rick is grabbing a torch and saying “get the zombies!” Now, a citation is pretty mild, so I’ll hit on my zombie phone on the down-low, and take the chance, said any reading zombie. But those concerned with the status quo are going to side with Rick, I mean “Mr. Steelhammer”. Can you see how propaganda covers everyone, of all points of view?

In August 2017, the Orwellianly-named “HealthyWay” explained “9 Ways Your Smartphone Is ‘Destroying’ Your Health”.

Here, “HealthyWay” professes to be concerned about your health, and assures you there’s going to write the definitive article on the subject. Yet the 9 ways the smartphone is purported to be destroying your health don’t include a tripling in brain cancer rates, or an exponential increase in suicide, to name only two of many other radiation-driven ills that the article doesn’t cover.

The first of the nine reasons is “Smartphones are ‘killing thousands’ each year.”

Where “killing thousands” is completely general. We are forced to read on if we are to learn that it is merely “texting and driving” that they’re referring to, with the gigantic plagues of technology driven cancer, neurodegenerative disease and suicide going unmentioned, amidst another host of others.

The second reason your smartphone is purported to be destroying your health is that “Your smartphone is giving you CVS.”

Where “CVS” is general. We have to read on to learn that it’s “Computer Vision Syndrome”, which consists of “eyestrain”, “headaches”, “dry eyes” and “blurred vision”.  That’s not cool, but it’s not health-destroying. It’s chaff.

The third reason your smartphone is purported to be destroying your health is “Your smartphone can’t fix ‘this common symptom’.”

Where “this common symptom” is general. We have to read on to learn that “ Excessive smartphone use is directly tied with ‘poor moods’, according to the journal Personality and Individual Differences.”

Where an exponential increase in suicide has been redacted down to the comedically general “poor moods”. And, where being driven to kill yourself can definitely be defined as “ruining your health”, a poor mood cannot.

The fourth reason Your smartphone is purported to be destroying your health is “ ‘Sabotaging’ your diet”.

Where “Sabotaging your diet”, while lurid, and baiting, is general. You are forced to read on if you wish to learn “If you’ve been ‘trying’ to lose ‘some’ weight but haven’t had a ‘lot of’ luck reaching your goals, ‘consider’ how your phone ‘might be’ sabotaging your diet. In the simplest terms, the key to losing weight is consuming fewer calories than you are burning each day. This requires mindfulness of what goes into our bodies.”

Let’s walk through the layers of hedging in that previous sentence.

“If you’ve been trying to lose some weight but haven’t had ‘a ‘lot of’ luck reaching your goals, consider how your phone might be sabotaging your diet.”

“If you’ve been trying to lose ‘some’ weight but haven’t had luck reaching your goals, consider how your phone might be sabotaging your diet.”

“If you’ve been trying to lose weight but haven’t had luck reaching your goals, ‘consider how’ your phone might be sabotaging your diet.”

“If you’ve been trying to lose weight but haven’t ‘had luck’ reaching your goals, your phone might be sabotaging your diet.”

“‘If’ you’ve been trying to lose weight but haven’t reached your goals, your phone might be sabotaging your diet.”

“‘You’ve been trying to lose weight but haven’t reached your goals. Your phone ‘might be’ sabotaging your diet.”

“‘You’ve been trying to lose weight but haven’t reached your goals. Your phone is sabotaging your diet.”

All of those hedges have to be leapt over, figured out by the reader, to get to the truth. As a result, almost no one ever does.

You have to read on to at last learn how the smartphone purportedly “sabotages your diet”:

“When you bring your phone to the table, it ‘distracts’ you from the task at hand—eating. For many, focusing on the wrong thing at mealtime might mean they don’t realize when they have had enough. They end up overeating. Overeating regularly will cause weight gain in most people, so put your phone away and ‘pay attention’ to what you’re putting in your body.”

The “distraction” meme is tirelessly played, as it is behavioral, versus the truth of the terrible physical and I daresay spiritual afflictions that the phone is driving.

The fifth reason your smartphone is purportedly destroying your health is that “Your smartphone is turning you into an insomniac.”

Which is, for once, straight up correct. Except for they play the standard defense of “it is easy to ‘believe’ the ‘research’ that ‘suggests’ screens have ‘something’ do with our ‘sleep troubles.”

I’m afraid we’re going to have to walk down through the hedging again.

“it is easy to believe the research that ‘suggests’ screens have something do with our sleep troubles.”

“it is easy to believe the research that shows screens have ‘something’ do with our sleep troubles.”

“it is easy to believe the research that shows screens are causing our ‘sleep troubles’.”

it is easy to believe’ the research that shows screens are causing our insomnia.

Research shows that ‘screens’ are causing our insomnia.

Research shows that white light from screens is causing our insomnia.

All of those hedges have to be leapt over, figured out by the reader, to get to the truth. As a result, almost no one ever does.

The sixth of the nine reasons that your smartphone is purported to be ruining your health is “Your smartphone is ‘a pain in the neck’.”

I’m sorry, but a pain in one’s neck cannot be construed as ruining one’s health. So this reason is chaff, and I’d also note that it’s general. You are forced to read on to learn “It is ‘no coincidence’ that more doctors are reporting treating young patients complaining of neck and upper back pain than they have in the past. These symptoms have been coined “text neck,” and it is exactly what it sounds like.”

The slack-jawed, mouth-breathing reader focuses acutely on “text neck” and studiously ignores a tripling of cancer and a quantum increase in suicidal ideation in the brain merely inches away.

The Middle-Ages flair of the seventh purported reason that your smartphone is purported to be ruining your health is “your smartphone is giving you cell phone elbow.”

I’m sorry, but an aching elbow cannot in any way be construed as ruining one’s health. So this reason is chaff, and I’d also note that it’s general. You are forced to read on to learn that “The invention of the smartphone brought with it the advent of ‘some’ brand-new health conditions that have been given pretty catchy names. Of course, the symptoms of cell phone elbow, texting claw, or Tinder thumb are anything but cute for those experiencing them.”

The 8th reason your cell phone is purported to be destroying your health is “Your cell phone is ‘playing tricks on your brain’.”

Where “playing tricks on your brain” is general. You are forced to read on: “Have you ever felt your cell phone vibrate only to pick it up and see that no one has called or texted you? There is ‘a name’ for this sensation, and you’re not the only one ‘imagining things’.”

As you wander into the darkened side show tent, you’ve learned that the sensation has a name, but you aren’t allowed to know what it is, and that you and everyone else are only ‘imagining it’. You have to read on to learn “

The words “mystery”, “baffled” and “puzzled” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything. One of those variants is “strange”.

That’s why the article goes on to say “Ringxiety is the name the internet has assigned to this incredibly ‘strange’ phenomenon. The belief is that our extreme attachment to smartphones has created a sense of hypervigilance in regular users. According to The New York Times, the brain is making connections when you hear a sound that resembles your phone even a little bit. Whether it is something similar in terms of vibration or a note in a song that sounds like a chime on your phone, you’ve got your phone on your mind, ‘so your brain fills in the rest’.

They’ve saved the most deviant, bizarre and actual reason for how your smartphone is destroying your health for last. Only they’ve assured you that you and everyone else are only imagining it. 

It’s an exemplifies the spiritual nature of the illness. It’s a literal demonic incursion, albeit from ancient perspectives a rather minor one.

The spectacular tour de force of misinformation concludes by saying “Of course there is ‘nothing wrong with’ using and liking technology. Smartphones allow us to remain connected to the people we care about, no matter where they are located—a few blocks over or halfway around the globe.”

Wait, what? How is there nothing wrong with destroying my health?

The article continues:

“You don’t need to ‘throw out’ your phone to decrease your risk of health ‘complications’. You simply need to cut back, take extended breaks during the day, and find other ways to fill your time. You’ll be glad you did. ‘We promise’.”

They’re begging, pleading, lying bald-fadedly, and promising (widen eyes to simulate honesty, lean forward slightly, smile). To keep you from even ditching your phone. When the truth is that it doesn’t matter what’s generating the cloud of non-Ionizing radiation, be it wireless router, GPS device, or helpful weather radar.

In September 2017, “some people” preferred an “old-fashioned” flip phone.

In September 2017, Apple’s iPhone 8 opening weekend “slowed” as demand “slipped”. Apples sales goals were described as “unrealistic”.

In September 2017, dropping iPhone 8 sales were attributed in part to “quicker ship times.”

In September 2017, Kanye West was the most recent addition to the lineup of celebrities choosing to ditch their smartphones. Claiming he needs more “air to create,” 

In October 2017, Essential dropped the price of their smartphone by $200.

Smartphone use “fell” among the young for first time in October 2017.

An opinion piece from October 2017 said “Flip phones are the smart substitute to smart phones”. That same month, another article said “John Stockton, Karl Malone and their flip phones hung out together”, noting “Karl Malone is a staunch proponent of the flip phone, going back to an interview in 2014.”

The Taiwanese smartphone-maker HTC’s shared price dropped over 8% in November 2017, “Google sale report” blamed.

Households with mobile service but no smartphones rose 7% from 2017 to 2019, as adoption of basic phones doubled among households earning over $100K/year.

In January 2016, U.K. actor Eddie Redmayne ditched his smartphone in favour of an analogue handset to help him live “in the moment”. Driving the herd. At the front end of the herd, driving the herd, even though their most important gambit of all history, Technology, is collapsing.

In September 2017, the U.K.’s Guardian said “'There’s more time to look and listen to what’s around you': readers on life without a mobile”.

The objection is behavioral. It’s a plausible-deniability excuse, put forward to keep your eyes off the tripling of brain cancer and the exponential increase in suicide.

In September 2017, the Daily Mail’s Stephen Glover said “Oh, how I hate my ‘damned iPhone’ ”.

In violation of strict journalistic rules, he’s using the proper name of a product, where he’s supposed to be saying “I hate my damned smartphone”.

The mention of the hated, American-owned Apple is a nod to China and its smartphone companies. China has been at the top of the control pyramid here on Earth, well, all the way back to Babylon, and before. The headquarters of the “Great White Brotherhood” is said to be below the Gobi Desert.

Where “white” is the distinct and separate race whom we refer to as “Neanderthal”. It’s why the ruling bloodline in all the nations is the one with the lightest skin.

By the way, cursing in a headline, or anywhere else in a news article, is also strictly forbidden. 

In September 2017, Gizmodo said “I'm Going to Buy the iPhone X, and I Hate Myself for It”.

In violation of strict journalistic rules, he’s using the proper name of a product.

In September 2017, Inc.com said “Want to Remember More? ‘Set Down’ Your Smartphone”.

Where “set down” hedges back from the terrifying “get rid of”. The author took care not to say “Want to have 1/300th the brain tumors? Want to have the desire to kill yourself drop exponentially? “Set down” your smart phone.

In October 2017, popsci.com said “Your smartphone is hijacking your brain. Here's how to stop it”.

They used “hijacking your brain” as a pseudoscientific cover-meme for “a demon invading your soul”. The technology is spiritual, not “technical”, as alleged.

In October 2017, Gear Patrol said “I Spent $1,100 on the iPhone X -- And Now I Hate Myself”.

In violation of strict journalistic rules, the author is using the proper name of a product, where he’s supposed to be saying “I spent $1,100 on a smartphone, and now I hate myself”.

The mention of the hated, American-owned Apple is a nod to China and its smartphone companies. China has been at the top of the control pyramid here on Earth, well, all the way back to Babylon, and before. The headquarters of the “Great White Brotherhood” is said to be below the Gobi Desert.

In the same month, we’ve same multiple outlets pushing the same broader “hate Apple” meme. It’s the kind of tactic on their part that’s effective until someone such as myself points it out, after which it places them in a far worse position than if they hadn’t used it at all.

In November 2017, an article from New Zealand said “Principal tells parents: You're not cool, you're kidding yourself”.

Whoo, the Principal weighing in! That has my complete attention!

“Bad pupil behaviour influenced by ‘disintegration of the parent network’ and smartphones.”

Now, if that’s not aggressive, manipulative propaganda, I don’t know what is.

In December 2017, the moronically-named “Wayronica” told of “ ‘smart’ ways to get rid of your child’s smartphone addiction”.

The reader’s not smart enough to recognize that “take the phone away from the kid” isn’t mentioned in the article.

In December 2017, the U.K.’s Guardian presented the fait accompli “We're ‘all’ addicted to smartphones. ‘Are’ flip phones the ‘miracle cure’ ”.

Since you’d been thinking about giving up technology completely, you’ll sigh with relief and run right to the flip phone, as directed. They’re desperate to keep you from recognizing that you are addicted not only to your phone, but also online shopping, and that Zombie show, and…

In December 2017, Android Central asked “Do you prefer curved or flat smartphone displays?” It’s pretending to be geek bro’s talking, but it’s really a honeypot to get information on what percentage of the populace is ditching their smartphones.

A ZDNet story from December 2017 said “Brazil ‘sees’ mobile phone sales ‘slowdown’ in Q3”.

Where “sees” takes it back a step from actually experiencing it. 

The article continues: “Sales ‘dropped by 2 percent’ as ‘consumers save for Black Friday and Christmas’, says IDC.

The author used the general “slowdown” as a hedge against the specific 2% drop in phone sales that, in journalistic parlance, they “buried” in the article below.

“Consumers save for Black Friday and Christmas” is a general plausible-deniability excuse, put forward because propagandists know that the subconscious of many or most readers will grasp virtually any straw, no matter how thin, to remain off the hook of personal responsibility.

In December 2017, digitaltrends.com said “Samsung's Smartphone Sales ‘To’ Drop In 2018”.

Where they’re playing like Samsung’s sales haven’t been dropping for a solid year and a half at this point, but that they’re rather only going to start dropping at some unspecified point in the coming year. It’s the Big Lie, told with the firmness of purpose that goes with complete honesty.

Prices drop when supply increases, demand decrease, or both. That’s why a BGR article from December 2017 says “Wild report ‘says’ iPhone X price ‘may’ ‘drop’ come early 2018”. 

Where the general “drop” is used as a hedge against a far more impactful statistic. Propagandists know that sixty to seventy percent of readers only read the headlines, so this tactic “compartmentalizes” the data with an effectiveness shown by the spectacular, conditioned ignorance of the majority of the populace.

“Report ‘says’ “ allows the subconscious to say “oh, that’s just one report”, or “that was reported incorrectly”. The hypothetical “may” drop allows you to call the whole thing off, and turn the page.

Prices drop when supply increases, demand decrease, or both. That’s why a yahoo article from December 2017, yahoo.com wheedled greasily “ ‘Is’ the iPhone X too expensive for you?Rumored’ price cut ‘may’ change that”.

Where “rumored” and “may” threaten twice in succession to take it away from you, so you want it more, like a child. The subconscious is said to be “childlike”.

In January 2018, the abusively-named “The Talking Democrat” said “PC Sales ‘Decline’ for the Sixth Year in Row”.

The author used “declined” because it’s a softer hedge against the stronger “dropped” or “decreased”, and because it reminds the reader of “reclined”, and because declines are shallow, and smooth, and gradual. The general “decline” is used as a hedge against a far more impactful statistic. 

Propagandists know that sixty to seventy percent of readers only read the headlines, so this tactic “compartmentalizes” the data with an effectiveness shown by the spectacular, conditioned ignorance of the majority of the populace.

In January 2018, the terrifyingly-accurate scarymommy.com said “I Don't Want To Be A Smartphone Zombie Anymore”.

Where “Scary Mommy” is a variation on the previously discussed “Man Repeller” website. They’re for women with self-images so abysmal that they’ll frequent self-help websites with such names. 

Here, the previous word used to goad the ensheepled to action was “addicted”. Now, in 2018 the anti has been upped to “Zombie”. It takes a lot of lashing to get the herd moving quickly like this.

In January 2018, money.cnn.com worked the ruse that even the folks in charge are on your side with this one, saying “Even the iPhone's ‘designer’ is worried about phone addiction”.

There’s that herd-driving word “addiction” again, ending the headline.

The article continues: "Our smartphone 'bottle' needs to tell us we've had enough." He continued that Google, Facebook and Twitter have "gotten so good at getting us to go for another click, another dopamine hit. They now have a responsibility & need to start helping us track & manage our digital addictions across all usages”.

In January 2018, the Establishment drum-pounding continued with Marketwatch’s “Warren Buffett prefers flip phones — and he's not alone”.The Indian flip phone market doubled in the first quarter of 2018, while its “smart” phone market remained flat year-over-year.

Flip phone sales increased 5% in 2019, have grown for four consecutive quarters and currently comprise roughly a quarter of all phones shipped.

In 2019, 48% of Japanese aged 10-19 said they had thought about living without a "smart" phone, the highest percentage among all age groups polled.

Jeff Miller, Brooklyn, New York, August 12, 2020

If you'd like to be added to this free mailing list, please send me a note at [email protected]