Finishing touches on florida

i didn’t think i would be saying this as soon as i am, but my latest gifting run closes up the southwestern side of florida which helps integrate the ENTIRE southern half of the state into a completely busted territory.

there are two holes left in the croft’s and my ocean gifting line of orgonite, and will be taken care of in the next week or so… a small pleasure cruise stretch from sombrero key up to the base of key largo and one we were going to get this weekend from boca raton to miami, oceanside.

the croft’s haven’t reported here yet, but i am awaiting the results of their cruise aboard a ferry that runs from ft. meyers to key west, whereupon they had planned to deploy orgonite every half mile as has been done everywhere else from ft. pierce on the east coast down and around to tarpon springs on the west coast, minus the aforementioned places.

you see it was coordinated by us to go land and sea at the same time to just get it complete.

my run started on hwy. 70 towards bradenton. i snuck onto i75 and went up to west tampa area and found their nexrad ball and busted that up in a heavy-handed way.

from there it was a straight shot southward all the way to naples/bonita springs where alligator alley heads back east. don,carol and i had spotted some newer haarp towers on that stretch weeks before so i knew what i was hunting.

i busted sixty eight large towers that day as well as several quarter mile high big boys with huge whips on them… all those as well as the typical single mast types you see at interchanges everywhere.i also got all the newer red and white haarp towers.

i don’t know if any others have ever busted that stretch, although i suspect some may have been since they ‘looked’ busted, but it was great to feel the closure on that area, knowing the crofts were at sea, at the same time, dunking orgonite to complete our massive haarp shield.

on my way back, there simply wasn’t anything new to bust. hows that for getting finished with an entire region?

Saw this.

Source of brown water off Pine Island Sound baffles scientists

By Kate Spinner (Contact)

Friday, July 7, 2006

A patch of water that resembles chocolate milk is lingering in Pine Island Sound

“We don’t know exactly what’s going on,” said Jennifer Nelson, environmental consultant for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. “It seems like it’s something perhaps abnormal.”

From the north end of Pine Island Sound to Redfish Pass the muddy water extends across the bulk of the sound, but no one knows where it came from, why it’s lingering or what it is.

Area hydrologist Greg Rawl first noticed the plume from a satellite image a few weeks ago. Yesterday he took a flight in his airplane to track the unusual water and take photographs.

“I’ve never seen anything quite like it before,” Rawl said.

For the past several years, Rawl has been keeping track of how fresh water from the Caloosahatchee and Peace rivers spills into the Gulf of Mexico. The fresh water usually takes on a black or tea-colored hue from decaying plant matter in the river, but this plume is opaque and muddy.

Scientists with Lee County Environmental Lab, Sanibel Captiva Conservation Foundation and the DEP are all equally baffled.

“When I saw the photos, they reminded me more of sediment run-off,” said Steve Bortone, biologist with Sanibel-Captiva Conservation Foundation. He said he’d like to see someone test the nutrient levels inside and outside the plume.

Rawl and Bortone said it’s in an interesting location because nitrogen-rich water from the Caloosahatchee and phosphorus-rich water from the Peace intermingle in Pine Island Sound. Nitrogen in the Caloosahatchee comes primarily from fertilizers and organic matter that wash into the river from the watershed and Lake Okeechobee. The Peace is naturally high in phosphorus, but phosphate mining along the river exacerbates the conditions.

Photo Gallery

Source of muddy water baffles scientists

Enlarge photo

Keith Kibbey, manager of Lee County Environmental Lab, also speculated that the two rivers could be contributing to the odd water.

He said the county’s staff is stretched too thin to check the water. Instead, the county will rely on the DEP’s data.

Nutrients such as nitrogen and phosphorus feed algae blooms, but Nelson said she found no evidence of an algae bloom within the muddy water. The DEP has not tested the water for nutrients, but it will test for nutrients Wednesday.

Low dissolved oxygen levels are a tell-tale signs of an algae bloom that has come and gone, but Nelson also found dissolved oxygen to be normal and about the same inside the plume as on the outside. She also said salinity is about the same inside and outside the plume, indicating that it’s not an isolated pocket of fresh water.

“It’s not coming from the Caloosahatchee or out of Charlotte Harbor. It’s just sitting in the middle of Pine Island Sound,” Nelson said.

Rather than algae, she said, water samples showed high levels of mineral granules within the discolored water. But the turbidity isn’t coming from the rivers either.

“That’s why there’s not an obvious source of this,” Nelson said.

The plume would be easier to explain if it were winter, when high winds tend to stir up silt at the bottom of the sound.

While the dirty water remains a mystery, it does not appear to be causing harm, Nelson said.

If it persists it could shade out sea grasses by excluding light from the water.

“Really we’re just trying to determine if it’s even a problem. There’s no dead fish. There’s no harmful algal bloom,” Nelson said.

……………….
and,

Red Tide Plagues Southwest Florida Waters

(CBS4/AP) NAPLES A phenomenon common to the state of Florida has returned and is spreading in the waters off the southwest coast and is getting worse.

Red Tide has been detected off the waters of northern Collier County according to test results. The toxic microscopic algae bloom has been traveling south for days, bringing thousands of dead fish and reports of respiratory irritation.

Last week, Red tide was detected off Sarasota and Lee counties as well.

Red tide is the common name for a bloom of microscopic algae, called karenia brevis, that releases a toxin that can kill fish and cause coughing, sneezing and watery eyes in humans.

Collier County warns people with chronic respiratory illnesses, such as asthma or emphysema, to stay away from the beach.

2005’s red tide outbreak was believed to be the worst since 1971. Scientists blamed it for smothering vast stretches of the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico and killing manatees, sea turtles and bottlenose dolphins.

…………………………………………………………………….

A healing crisis for the waters?

Dennis

To clarify a bit, the red tide problem started several years ago and erased the sea life along that stretch of coast we gifted in June: from north of Tampa, about sixty miles south to Venice. We can certainly vouch for hte problem because the water was uncharacteristically clear (acidic), it was hazardous and a little painful to breath the noxious gas in the air and there were literally no fish to be seen in our fish-finder sonar, nor any fishermen.

Jeff’s clear vision of the subtle energy umbrella over the bioweapons dump, many miles offshore, west of Tarpon Springs, perfectly confirmed CArol’s dowsing of that spot on the map, which also happened the be the edge of a north/south shelf where the depth dropped from about 20 feet to forty feet.

We’ve been a little slow to wrap things up but the Boca to N Miami coast has been gifted, also Biscayne Bay between Miami and Miami Beach–we encountered a lot of dolphins in the worst part of the bay, by downtown Miami, also a couple of spying cops in a boat, who became much more interested in the cavorting dolphins than in us after awhile [Image Can Not Be Found]

I posted all of that in another thread but the return to gift the coast from Ft Myers Beach up to Venice will be telling, since we’ll be able to see whether our gifting north of Venice has affected the fish (and fishermen) activity as we approach from the south (from downstream). Easy enough to check with eyeballs and a fishfinder. Due to the cost of our gifting efforts and our limited resources, we rarely go back to where we’ve already gifted, except locally. We will get a very good view of how our gifting has done in the Keys, though. Initially (in March) we found plenty of new coral and an abundance of fish at Sandy Key, five miles west of Key West, where we ended a gifting run two months before. When we looked, before, the place was literally dead. The return visit was with my daughter, Bevin, and her beau, Dave. It was their first time snorkeling and within five minutes they encountered several pretty big sand sharks and a barracuda [Image Can Not Be Found]

Pine Island is entirely in sheltered water–Charlotte Harbor–along the area we haven’t gifted, yet, and I don’t know whether we’ll take the time to gift where that inland brown water plume has been reported. Charlotte Harbor is big and very shallow in most places. We generally found that there were quite a few fish in the sheltered water along that coast; just none in the open Gulf, itself, downstream of the bioweapon dump save the pod of dolphins that greeted us outside the mouth of Tampa Bay. We encountered even more dolphins and fish the next day in the sheltetred water from Captiva Island up to Ft Myers, about twenty miles upstream, and the water looked pretty good, there, even without orgonite. We were gifting all across South Florida that day on the rivers, Intracoastal waterway and across Lake Okeechobee. It’s funny, but in the first lock upstream our fishfinder showed that the lock was packed with fish. Carol said they were escaping the lake [Image Can Not Be Found]

For that matter, there’s a brown water plume coming out of our little creek that’s entirely unaffected by a lot of orgonite that Earache Carlson and I painstakingly dropped along its two mile length. On the upside, there are now plenty of fish in this mucky creek and even manatees, which means that plants are now growing in the deep muck at the bottom of the creek, finally. It’s curious that the same amount of orgonite cleared many miles of pollluted coastal waters and brought the fish back in abundance.

If we didn’t do this work out of the love we have for it we might feel discouraged because sometimes it takes awhile to see the results. In this case, I think we’re going to see spectacular results by the end of the HAARPicane season [Image Can Not Be Found] and anyone can see that the waters that have been gifted are generally gorgeous and loaded with fish (also professional and sport fishermen) again.

~Don