Geoff Got His Radio Show Back!

I hope our readers have noticed that ‘sabotage’ isn’t alwaysCool synonymous with ‘bad news,’ here. In this case, Geoff’s radio show was removed by the station managers, in spite of quite a lot of popular support but they reinstated him last week after a fairly short interval–at 3AM but it’s also available online, if I’m not mistaken.

Geoff interviewed Carol and I on his talk show, ‘In Other News’ on NYC’s Pacifica Radio station and we were deeply impressed by the calibre of the listeners who called in with questions and comments. That tells a lot about the character of the host, I think. I asked him to post some comments.

Congrats, compadre!

Hi Don,

Thanks for posting this in the general sabotage category. I want to mention that this site and the work of EW members are a great source of inspiration.The show was on the air at WBAI in New York City for 5 years on Mondays 10PM and had built up a nice momentum of interested listeners. Program changes bumped the show off the air in April and there was talk from the PD about placing it at 4AM or podcast. That didn’t happen. Anyway, the station is listener supported, commercial free and there was an outpouring of support from listeners. Lots of great emails from different parts of the New York City area, the US and overseas. After a couple meetings with the new PD, she scheduled the show for Fridays at 3AM. inothernewsradio.com. The latest guest is with author, ufologist and musician Andrew Hennessey.

Thank you Silvia, Don and Carol for the letters of support.

Geoff

This is great news guys! For anyone who might be interested, here’s the link to the show’s website where you can see information about past shows and listen to them too http://www.inothernewsradio.com/ Enjoy!

Carlos