Menninger Institute's Orgone Accumulator!

Don Croft
21 Jul 2008 19:32
Subject: Menninger Institute’s Orgone Accumulator!
I got the following from Abbie in Topeka and I think you’re going to find it as interesting as I have.

Jack in Lawrence: if you’re reading this, please drop me a line, okay? I think you’ll benefit from networking with this interesting woman!

~Don

Hi Don,

My name is Abbie ******, and I live in Topeka, Kansas. I first ran across information on orgone about a year ago while searching for info on chemtrails and have spent untold numbers of hours reading what ever I could find about it, orgone that is. I found lots of psycho-babble, wild claims, and poo-pooing of what other people were doing and saying, not to mention the reactions of friends and family, all of which would have put me off the whole orgone idea. But I kept having a nagging feeling that there was something very familiar about orgone, like I knew it. I was so delighted to find the information, tales of adventures, tutorials, and discussions from you and your associates. Thank you. As it turns out, I believe I have known orgone, or at least how it feels, for a very long time!

You probably don’t know much about Topeka, but I can assure you, this is one of the weirdest places on the planet. For decades, Topeka’s #1 claim to fame was that it was known as the mental health capital of the world, home to the Menninger Foundation (which meant that movie stars, heads of state, nationally known politicians, you name it and their family members among the rich and powerful spent time in this town), the only VA hospital specializing in mental health (bringing moderately to severely distressed soldiers from all services and ranks into Topeka), the Kansas State Hospital (housing or treating the mentally ill from all over the state), the Kansas state prison system’s diagnostic center – well, I think you get the idea because this list could go on and on. Being the mental health capital of the world basically meant that hundreds of the socially unacceptable from all walks of life moved to Topeka every year. I say moved to Topeka because back then, hardly anyone was “cured;” therapy for the majority usually lasted the rest of their lives, resulting in a sizable chunk of Topeka’s population, only 80,000 – 120,000 then (50s – 70s) was either an in-patient or an out-patient at a mental health facility of some sort. (As an aside, Menningers compiled data on those Topekans not under the care of a shrink to establish the mental health baseline determining who is crazy or not, something I find both amusing and disturbing. We set the standard by which all others’ sanity is judged? OMG!!) But then, along came the 80s. The family members running the Menninger Foundation decided it would be much more fun and profitable to treat people based on how much insurance they had, no longer interested in researching the mind, which was what had made them famous. Menningers is now gone, moved to Texas (Baylor U.) and now doing who knows what. The VA hospitals were all reorganized, so the VA here opened its doors and pushed the majority of its PTSD patients out. As the the State Hospital slowly died from Reagan cutting funding, hundreds of patients were turned out onto the streets of Topeka, and that giant piece of land in the center of town that formerly housed all those people is now being “developed” after having sat vacant for 30 years. So now, the difference between Topeka being the mental health capital of the world and losing that auspicious title is that a much smaller percentage of our population is under the care of “professionals.”

During that earlier time, Topeka was really quite interesting – not “normal,” but interesting, in large part because of Menningers. They really did some cutting edge research on the possibilities of the mind, or parapsychology. I’m not naive enough to think all their work was for the benefit of mankind (in fact, I’m quite certain a lot of it was not), but a fair percentage of it was. I’ve known oh so many shrinks over the years, and because they are a group almost universally incapable of masking their true selves, it’s really quite easy to see their true natures. Plus, most of them are following the old adage: physician, heal thy self and are, therefore, so focused on themselves that they are incapable of being intentionally harmful to anyone else. From about 1965 through 1975, psychics, sensitives, yogis, healers, shamen, etc. came to Menningers to study and be studied. Those kinds of travelers in a town the size of Topeka, already chock full of a wide variety of the lunatic fringe, couldn’t help but make this an exceptionally weird place. It used to be a nice weird here but not anymore, now Topeka feels like it’s being slowly consumed by an unpleasant, ugly weirdness.

Finally, on to the reason of me telling you an abbreviated version of Topeka’s history: there used to be an orgone generator, called the copper room, at Menningers! I hadn’t even thought about the copper room for ages, but a couple months ago, out of the blue (right after I made my first batch or orgone – I’ve made 2 batches) I was told about the difficulties involved in dismantling the copper room. When I asked why it so difficult to tear down a room and was told how it was constructed, I realized it could have been an orgone generating room, it almost had to be! The room was pretty big, maybe 8’ x 8’ or 10’ x 10’, made of alternating layers of plywood and thick sheets of copper on all sides – walls, floor, and ceiling. Is that not an orgone generator, or accumulator, or what ever it would be called?

Drs. Alyce and Elmer Green had the copper room built on the Menninger campus sometime in the mid 60s as part of their research of the paranormal. It was in use for research purposes for maybe 20 years and then just sat there, used for I don’t know what. Over the years I’d heard stories of some astounding psychic experiences while in the copper room, but that doesn’t make it orgone. What really convinces me is that most everyone in town who is old enough can attest to how exceedingly pleasant it was to spend time on the Menninger campus from the late 60s into the late 80s – so much so that Menningers couldn’t keep people off their very private property, finally giving in and letting their campus for the world’s elites be treated like a public park for a number of years! I doubt they had a clue why.

Since the copper room was dismantled a few years ago and put into storage (I’ve heard, but cannot confirm, that it’s still here!), the abandoned Menninger campus keeps getting creepier and creepier. It, too, is now slated for “development.” Nobody goes there anymore, well, no one except bored teenagers late at night. The end of the copper room seems to have had a negative effect on that piece of land in particular and Topeka in general – and could probably use a good gifting. I’ll get on that.

Which brings me to the reason I’m writing to you at all. Do you know if Jack in Eastern Kansas is who set up an orgone cloudbuster West of Topeka? I wonder because I’ve just recently begun making orgone, one gallon of resin at a time (I only make about $10,000/year and have had to save up to buy the ingredients) and finally have a small bag of TBs so I can start gifting. (So far, I’ve done the property line with TBs and HHGs at each corner of the house for my property and my son’s and TBs at each corner of the lady I do gardening for – the 3 places I spend most of my time). I’ve been closely watching the skies for months and couldn’t help but notice that the chemtrails have a distinct gap in them West and a little North of me, always in the same area. Plus, this spring and in to summer, all the threatening thunder and hail storms and potential tornadoes break up or turn as they approach Topeka, resulting in nourishing rains instead of devastation. I’m thinking that orgone cloudbuster out West of town must be Jack’s – and if not, how cool is that to have another someone out there gifting in this neck of the woods!

I want to bring orgone back to Topeka and then head out to the surrounding area, gifting enough orgone to revive the power of the copper room at its peak, so maybe Jack and I could coordinate our gifting, if he is so inclined? You can give my e-mail address to Jack if he wants to get in touch with me. I will leave it to your discretion, if I may.

Personally, I think it would be great to have someone to talk to about this great adventure who doesn’t think, “Ah, isn’t that cute; she’s getting old and seems to be slipping off her rocker.” Well, they’re right: I am getting old (I’d guess you and I are about the same age, pushing 60?), and I am intentionally slipping off my rocker. Personally, I’m thrilled about both and can’t imagine anything but good can come of it.

If gifting orgone creates the same good vibe as the copper room did, and I believe it must, I wish to express my sincere appreciation for all that you and your cohorts have done by scattering orgone across the globe. Thank you all so very much.

Abbie

Edostar
23 Jul 2008 19:41
Subject: Re: Menninger Institute’s Orgone Accumulator!

Perhaps this interview might be relevant:
http://www.healthy.net/scr/interview.asp?Id=199

Dan.