New Aircraft for the Air Irregulars

Carol and I are with Dooney, today, and she showed me how to post photos here. For some reason I had been unsuccessful. This is the pupil’s ‘test post.’

I started this plane kit a few months after I crashed my first plane, about 8 years ago. The kit was just a box of aluminum tubes, steel cables and a few ‘weldments.’ I built the fuselage and put the engine from the crashed plane on it about six years ago, then built the wings two years ago. A year ago I committed to work on it almost daily because even though I’ve been broke due to attacks on our livelihood for some time I at least had the materials needed to finish it, which I did in early December. Before I could finish the flight testing it snowed and the runway still hasn’t been plowed, a month and a half later, so I’ll wait awhile longer to actually get it in the air. I had it up to takeoff speed a few times but needed to adjust the center of gravity in order to lift off–five more pounds at the tail will likely do it.

I’m not frustrated because in spite of the snow I’ve made a few paraglider flights and have been installing a more powerful motor to the Kitfox, which I’ll keep using for long range gifting sorties. The plane in the photos will have folding wings, as the Kitfox does.

These orgonite boxes were made for one of the earlier planes but didn’t fit this one until I turned them upside down, sealed the previous tops and cut openings in the previous bottoms. I can hold a couple hundred towerbusters in them and they’ve been used a lot for this.

The plane design evinces the Brazilian/French Damoiselle (mayfly) from 1910. The WWI-era tail begged for a graphic cross so instead of the German one I painted the Cathar cross there and on the wings. Carol found this cross on many houses in Southern France where Cathars live.

When I was about 3 years old my mom gave me a little plastic floatplane for the bathtub that was orange and blue and for some reason that made a huge impression on me.

I wanted to put a cool name in another language on it that suggested ‘Air Irregulars.’ Carlos mentioned that ‘guerrilha aérea’ would be the closest thing to it in Portugese and I like the fact that this spelling is dissimilar enough from ‘guerrilla’ that people who see it won’t get the impression that it’s a conventionally brutal weapon of war. The warfare that all of us are waging back against the murderous but hiding, parasitic, Babylonian corporate oligarchs is based on healing and not on destruction, after all.

I felt grateful to my friend, Carlos, of orgonite-portugal.com and wanted to credit him, so I asked, “How can I say ‘thank you’ in a really cool way in Portugese?”

Dooney made this into a Youtube bit:

really, really cool Don!!!Cool

Congrats Don, it looks great! I like the paint scheme, very peculiar. And the sign is made in an old style, maybe contemporary of the original Demoiselle, which fits to a tee. It’s an inspiration to know the purpose of that elegant craft is to be used, from the air, to revert weather weaponry over many kilometers. But I guess what we are doing is helping to win a war with elegance, no shots being fired.

By the way, your Portuguese is great, thanks ;-)