Rising Female Death Rate

Like the Positive Changes thread, which is apparently the only compilation of evidence that climate is improving, crime and addiction are dropping and other global positive, unprecedented trends are underway, this thread is probably also unique and we can only speculate about the tech (since it’s probably top secret military and horrific) but I’m wondering if he’s tracking the weaponization of cellphones, especially smart phones.

We’ve known from the start that putting cellphones up to the ear destroys the brain on the installment plan (sort of like how going to MDS regularly is also suicide on the installment plan Cool) but nobody’s talked about the other forms of weaponry that might be added to cellphones, the way brainwashing signals and subliminals are added to TV broadcasts, especially ‘the news.’

As with any other problem, gathering data is the first stage, then discussing solutions naturally follows.

By the 1980s it was clear that there were no more lines of distinction between megacorporations (including telecommunications), the military and and the sewer rat agencies and this may explain why there’s never been any serious competition between the cellphone service providers. Companies that actually compete will wage war with each other and that shows up a strident advertising on our end.

I’m not gonna give it up

I’m not goin’

I’m not gonna give it up

I’m not goin’

I will be fighting

I’ve got to be fighting

I will be fighting

Til Africa

And Africans are free

Peter Tosh, from “ Not Gonna Give it Up

And I’m not just talking about the Africans, of course.

I wonder if I should change the name of this thread to “ Negative Changes that Are Occurring ”?

I and others have been working on the “Positive Changes That Are Occurring” thread for over three years, now, here on this forum, and generating positivity and pointing out positivity never gets old.

Whereas in this thread it’s no rose-colored glasses, and hardhat required. Working on it and producing it is often unenjoyable.

I’m thinking to myself, right now, “what is the positive of this thread?” One is that the hardest part of a problem is realizing that you have one.

Another is that “Sticking it to the Man” is righteous.

[I like the way Jeff exposes these isolated negative negative trends to show that these are engineered by the Old Parasite–suddenly clearer to the discering, in contrast against the backdrop of generally improved global conditions. ~D]

The words “mystery”, “baffled” and “puzzled” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

That’s why a headline below reads: “ Suicides continue to steadily increase, and experts don’t know why .”

One of those variants is “ unsure ”. That’s why a headline below reads: “ Utah officials unsure why youth suicide rate has nearly tripled since 2007

Another of those variants is “ startled ”. That’s why a headline below reads: “ There’s Been A Startling Rise In Suicide Rates In The U.S.

Wikipedia lists Israel as the nation with the third-highest SSmart phone penetration on Earth, at 74%, between the 72% of the U.S. and the 77% of Australia.

“2015 - Suicide Rates More Than Doubled Among Soldiers Serving The Israel Defense Forces

“2014 – Palestinian suicides increased four hundred percent in three years .”

This issue – strikingly increasing suicide and mortality rates – may be what breaks the game open for Humanity. We’re seeing an unprecedented return to life and vitality across the globe, as the global Death energy matrix is unknitted and transformed by simple orgonite. And, at the same moment in history, these jarring negative trends across the human race.

Radiation damage is dose dependent, and it’s also cumulative, so the behavioral and biological data points we’re seeing right now may represent damage done over years, cumulatively. And in that case (“A”), we’ll see them creep down again, going forward, as the drawdown of the Death energy level in the larger environment continues, as the Positive Orgone Radiation level in the environment pumps back up, as balance returns.

Or, B, it could be that the Death energy delivery mechanism that is the SSmart phone is so direct and efficacious that it can accomplish its mission even in a general environment where the Dead Orgone Radiation level is generally dropping.

My guess is “B”, in that I reckon if you went to the most remote place you knew of and yacked on your SSmart phone for as many hours as you could stay awake each day, it would get the job done of beaming that Death energy into your skull, your body, your auric egg, regardless of the larger etheric environment surrounding you.

If that’s true, then we’ll see continued booming and burgeoning of non-SSmartphone-using animal populations and continued and increasing dying and suiciding within SSmartphone-using ‘human’ animal populations.

And then someone besides me and the membership and readers of an obscure internet forum will eventually notice those, er, diverging trendlines, and we’ll give up the SSmart phone like we gave up smoking and drinking and crime and slavery and a whole bunch of other bad habits.

And maybe our collectively coming to awareness about how bad the folks in charge misled us - them secretly trying to off as many of us as possible with a supposedly-helpful technology, and all - is what’s going to finally get us out of their grip, wake us up to the fact that we shouldn’t be in this relationship. And then we’ll tell them they have to change their ways or pack their bags, and we’ll stick to it.

Jeff Miller, October 21, 2016

January 2, 2015 - Suicide Rates More Than Doubled Among Soldiers Serving The Israel Defense Forces

March 8, 2015 – The Palestinian Authorities police force listed 32 suicides in 2014, compared with 19 in 2013 and just eight in 2012 – a four hundred percent increase in three years .

The highest rate was among young adults , aged 18-25.

February 16, 2016 – Russia has the lowest suicide rate for 50 years

(Russia’s cell phone penetration percentage 45%, almost half of South Korea’s 88%)

April 21, 2016 - U.S. suicide rate surges to a 30-year high - Boston.com

April 22, 2016 - Women Are Committing Suicide in Greater Numbers - Fortune

Particularly young girls.

April 22, 2016 - US suicide rate surges, particularly among white people - BBC News

April 22, 2016 – There’s Been A Startling Rise In Suicide Rates In The U.S. | Huffington …

May 25, 2016 – U.K. - Student suicides have risen to their highest level since at least 2007

July 2, 2016 – Utah officials unsure why youth suicide rate has nearly tripled since 2007

August 12, 2016 – Suicide rates in India are climbing faster than in the rest of the world with Indian women having some of the highest rates on the planet.

August 30, 2016 – Amman, Jordan - The rate of suicides has been on the rise in Jordan since 2011

September 7, 2016 - Minnesota suicide rate hits record high in 2015 – Twin Cities

September 10, 2016 - Suicides continue to steadily increase, and experts don’t know why

October 18, 2016 – US veterans suicide rate has dramatically increased by 32%

The suicide rate among US military veterans has increased by more than 30 percent since 2001

It seems quite plausible that China’s 75% reduction in maternal mortality over the last 25 years was “undoubtedly the result of China’s economy and health care services”, as noted below. If that’s true, then why did maternal mortality just jump 30% in China?

The proffered reason, “ after China relaxes one-child policy ”, is illogical, captain, in that that China’s economy didn’t just tank, and their health care services did not suddenly decrease 30% in quality.

The first rule of politics is “ deny, deny, deny ”, which is why another headline below on the subject says “ Questions Surround Report Of Maternal Mortality Spike In China .”

So something is driving up maternal mortality all over the globe, and that something is being suppressed and denied in similar ways in controlled-media complexes, well, all over the globe.

This China data is significant, as it tracks a very large, and long term drop, then a sudden rise.

Either the environment reached a “saturation point”, or a certain threshold of the unknown agent, where the phenomenon would begin to evince itself, or some clandestine change was made in the delivery mechanism of the unknown agent.

2012 – The dramatic reductions in maternal and child mortality rates are undisputedly attributed to China’s economy and health-care services.

June 16, 2015 – China’s Maternal Mortality Rate Has Decreased Dramatically

China’s maternal mortality rate dropped from 23.2 per 100,000 births in 2014 to 21.7 per 100,000 births. The maternal mortality rate in 1990 was 88.8 per 100,000 births, which means there has been a 75.6%-percent drop in the last twenty-five years.

September 29, 2016 – Maternal mortality increases by 30% after China relaxes one-child policy

October 3, 2016 - Questions Surround Report Of Maternal Mortality Spike In China

Japan ranks 29th out of 40 on Wikipedia’s SSmartphone penetration page, at 39%, less than half of the penetration of South Korea, at 88%, and the U.S., at 72%.

And Japan’s suicide rate is dropping, as is their infant mortality rate. Japan’s maternal mortality rate is among the lowest in the world.

Russia, where we recently noted a 50% drop in suicides, has a SSmartphone penetration of 45%, very close to Japan’s 39%.

Jan. 18, 2016 - No. of suicides in Japan drops below 25,000 for first time in 18 years

The total number of suicides that occurred nationwide in 2015 has slipped below 25,000 for the first time since 1997, according to a preliminary report issued by the National Police Agency (NPA).

The NPA said that a total of 23,971 people killed themselves in Japan between Jan 1 and Dec 31 last year, a reduction of 1,456 from 2014, and the sixth straight annual decline , Fuji TV reported.

A steady decline began in 2012, slipping under 30,000 for the first time since 1997.

February 16, 2016 - Smartphone Shipments Fall in Japan as Flip-Phones Make a Comeback

For the first time in seven years, flip-phone shipments grew – and grew by 5.7 percent to a hard-to-comprehend 10.58 million units. In the same year, smartphones units shipped fell 5.3 percent, down to 27.7 million. Flip-phones still make up a surprisingly large proportion of phone sales in Japan and it’s actually the second year in a row that the market research firm has noted a drop in smart device sales.

Wikipedia, October 21, 2016 - Women’s health related figures in Japan are inspiringly positive. The infant mortality rate is 2.78 deaths per 1,000 live births, one of the lowest in the world. Infant mortality rate has decreased to 2.13 per 1,000 live births in 2014. Maternal mortality rate is 5 deaths per 100,000 live births, one of the lowest in the world.

Wikipedia, October 21, 2016 - Women’s health related figures in Japan are inspiringly positive. The infant mortality rate is 2.78 deaths per 1,000 live births, one of the lowest in the world. Infant mortality rate has decreased to 2.13 per 1,000 live births in 2014. Maternal mortality rate is 5 deaths per 100,000 live births, one of the lowest in the world.

For ‘female’ thread

Wikipedia has Spain as the fifth highest cell phone penetration nation, at 71%, just behind the U.S., with 72%.

The data below from Spain shows increasing maternal mortality, increasing Motor Neuron Disease mortality, precipitously declining birth rate, increasing cancer rates, increasing suicide rates.

As you can see from a few posts preceding this, drilling into the highest cell phone penetration nations is showing mapping trends of this sort. I’m now going to go to the very bottom of the list, to the lowest cell phone penetration nations, and research the same subjects, and see what I discover.

Jeff Miller, October 21, 2016

2005 – The maternal mortality rate in Spain increased by 20% in 2005 with respect to 1996 . The highest mortality was detected during 2003-2004.

July 1, 2009 – Increasing age of mothers in Spain leads to rise in mortality rates

January 4, 2011 – Motor Neuron Disease mortality increased in Spain from 1990 to 2005.

Results showed that MND mortality was higher in regions lying to the north of Spain.

June 7, 2014 – Spain’s declining birth rate equals “a demographic winter,” say experts …

In the 1970s, Spain had the highest fertility rates in the EU, but now has one of the lowest fertility rates in the world. In the last quarter century, the number of children per woman fell from 2.8 to 1.3.

February 4, 2016 – Spain’s cancer rate: More cases , fewer deaths

The World Health Organization said on Tuesday the globe is facing a “tidal wave” of cancer, a trend which seems to apply to Spain as cancer rates have grown by nearly 10 percent in five years .

January 31, 2016 – Spain’s suicide rate highest in eight years - The Local

Figures from Spain’s National Institute of Statistics (INE) show a surge in the suicide rate but heart attacks remain the leading cause of death.

March 31, 2016 – Spain’s suicide rate jumps to record high in economic crisis - The Local

October 6, 2016 – Study: European austerity to blame for rise in male suicide - UPI.com

October 6, 2015 - Researchers suggest harsh spending cuts have encouraged suicides in Greece, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Ireland.

“Doublethink is the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.”

George Orwell, from “ 1984

February 25, 2014 – Obesity Rate for Young Children Plummets 43% in a Decade

March 28, 2014 – Reports of a Drop in Childhood Obesity Are Overblown

The two quotes immediately above show you that the folks in charge are not your friends, and are lying to you about basically everything.

Let me stress before I continue that I think that what is driving increased mortality rates and suicide rates is a combination, a synergistic effect comprised of many things. Diets high in weaponized foods, diets high in low-Life-Force foods, and low fat diets may all play a role. Alcohol consumption. Smoking. Drug use. Television consumption. Internet consumption via laptop, tablet or PC. SSmartphone hours logged. Aspartame consumption. Vaccines assimilated throughout one’s life. Consumption of high fructose corn syrup and excess sugar of all sorts and the obesity those behaviors drives.

None of them doing the job on their own, but all mixing together in a blend that finally tips over into “increased mortality” or “increased suicide rates.”

And these are all, of course, just guesses.

So to tiptoe back from the brink that we’ve walked to unawares, we’d want to mitigate as many of these things as possible.

Radiation damage is dose-dependent, and cumulative. Which leads me to guess that things like phone time and TV time and internet time should be scaled back, and watched, like you’d watch out to not drink too much alcohol. Some and you’ll be o.k., too much, you’ll damage your liver, etc.

I think that the populace is already figuring that out, a la “Apple’s annual profits fall for first time in 15 years as iPhone sales decline.” It struck me as I was writing this to investigate - or should I say further document – declining TV viewing rates.

Organic food consumption increases show declining weaponized food consumption. In fact every area I’ve mentioned as a possible driver to these phenomena is in decline. So everyone’s kind of already figuring this whole thing out, right?

One headline below says “Netflix Caused TV Viewership to Drop 50%.” Well, if it’s Netflix that’s causing the drop, how come the NFL’s rating are dropping, also?

You get a bonus-meme, there, “ Ratings Fumble for NFL Surprises Networks, Advertisers .”

NASCAR’s in decline, too, and so is TV news viewership, which are also not available on Netflix.

So you can see how Netflix is a micro-level, plausible-deniability meme presented for your subconscious to grasp onto, to avoid your coming to conscious awareness of the larger phenonmenon. Unfortunately for the propagandists, I’m here on this obscure internet forum deconstructing their patient, spider-like work.

Check out humanity figuring things out:

August 8, 2013 – The emerging role of dietary fructose in obesity and cognitive decline …

February 25, 2014 - Surprise : American Sugar Consumption Is on the Decline | Data Mine …

February 25, 2014 – Obesity Rate for Young Children Plummets 43% in a Decade - The …

November 26, 2014 – Adult cigarette smoking rate overall hits all-time low | CDC Online …

March 28, 2014 – Reports of a Drop in Childhood Obesity Are Overblown

March 13, 2015 – TV ratings see double-digit declines for fifth straight month | New York …

April 22, 2015 – Diet Coke sales continue to fizzle - Fortune

May 26, 2015 – Soft Drinks Hit 10th Year of Decline - WSJ

July 24, 2015 – Americans Are Finally Eating Less - The New York Times

July 27, 2015 – A big, sweet paradox: is sugar really to blame for obesity?

August 10, 2015 – Don’t Panic, Says CBS: More People Are Watching TV Now Than a Decade Ago And millennials will come around, too

August 31, 2016 – Parental doubt drives drop in vaccination - SciDev.Net

December 16, 2015 – Drug use trends remain stable or decline among teens | National …

February 16, 2016 – Anti-vaccination might be rational, but is it reasonable?

March 6, 2016 – Netflix Caused TV Viewership to Drop 50% | Digital Trends

May 19, 2016 – U.S. organic sales post new record of $43.3 billion in 2015 | OTA

April 1, 2016 – Long term declines in carbohydrate consumption | AHDB Potatoes

April 28, 2016 – The global smartphone market declined for the first time EVER

May 13, 2016 – Alcohol sales fall for first time in nearly 20 years

July 2, 2016 – Local TV news viewership declines in all three key timeslots

NASCAR looks beyond declining attendance, TV ratings - USA Today

August 2, 2016 - Global iPhone sales drop 15% in June quarter | Business Standard …

August 16, 2016 – Xiaomi’s Smartphone Shipments in China Drop 38% in Q2 - Fortune

October 6, 2016 - Ratings Fumble for NFL Surprises Networks, Advertisers – WSJ

October 26, 2016 – Apple’s annual profits fall for first time in 15 years as iPhone sales decline

Data, below. What’s driving it?

I think we can concretely say “something is going on that’s global, vs. regional, or local.”

I know that’s not much assistance.

October 7, 2013 – Poland sees sharp rise in suicide rate - National - News from Poland

July 28, 2014 – Swedish youth suicides hit 25-year high - The Local

December 7, 2015 – Suicide rate in Alberta climbs 30% in wake of mass oilpatch layoffs

January 5, 2015 – Suicide rate increases with unemployment in France , study says - RFI

May 15, 2015 – Why Are Rates of Suicide Soaring Across the Planet? | Alternet

September 10, 2015 – India’s suicide rate up by 16%

September 11, 2015 – The suicide rate in Mexico has been increasing since 2000 , and in 2013 the rate was up to five out 100,000 inhabitants

February 4, 2016 – Suicide rates soar to highest rate in 10 years for women in shock statistics

SUICIDE rates among women in England have risen to their highest rate since 2005, and experts are frantically trying to understand why .

March 31, 2016 – Spain’s suicide rate jumps to record high in economic crisis - The Local

April 12, 2016 – Why are India’s housewives killing themselves? - BBC News - BBC.com

April 23, 2016 – Suicide rate among women jumps 45% in just 15 years - MarketWatch

August 12, 2016 – Suicide deaths in India increasing at alarming rate - Humanosphere

Suicide rates in India are climbing faster than in the rest of the world with Indian women having some of the highest rates on the planet

September 28, 2016 - Australian suicide deaths rising among women and teenage girls

October 20, 2016 - Young Chinese women are committing suicide at a terrifying rate …

The following is an email I sent to Don a few days ago, which he thought might be a good addition to this thread:

My wife and I are doing great, I’m happy to report. And our lives are flourishing.

Targetting women? I’m thinking to myself, they’re targeting EVERYONE, with everything they’ve got, and women are the weakest, here - most susceptible to the things that are driving the trend.

Suicide and mortality are increasing for both men and women. It’s just that with the women it’s faster, stronger, higher. And what do women do MORESO than men? Things I can think of: phone use, low-fat diets. Social media use. Diet soda consumption.

You and I agree that the towers we see all about us carry cell phone traffic, the mechanics of which are Known. I think you and I also agree that those towers also carry, concentrate and direct what Reich called “Dead Orgone Radiation” - and we’d agree that the cell phone tower tech guys aren’t reading about that latter fact in their manuals. So I think we could agree that the SSmart phone, and also, to a lesser extent, the traditional cell phone, are deliverers of both “traditional cell phone signals” and “a piggybacked DOR stream.”

It’s not hard for me to imagine that having a garden hose of DOR going into the side of your head might, at the other end of the equation, kill X percent of the population, or make and extra Y percent kill THEMSELVES - versus those with the hose turned off.

You know how “video games are addictive”? Well, SSmart phones are addictive in a way that my flip phone is not. Just as the ill-intended make Doritos REALLY ADDICTIVE, so they’ve custom-crafted the smart phone, the social media programs, the Bachelor TV shows, et al…to be REALLY ADDICTIVE. And all they need to do is make sure you have the hose attached to the side of your head (or, more accurately, your FACE) for the requisite number of hours. It doesn’t matter to them if you log those hours on social media application “A”, or through TV show “B”.

Re: the positive change, one of my most recent posts in that thread shows how the rates of everything that may be harmful, here, is decreasing among the populace. I was at the airport today, waiting for my wife’s flight to arrive, and I SWEAR, Don, the general level of both phone use and earbud use is dropping. That’s a subjective impression. But I’m always watching. And had to mention it.

Also re: positive changes, if it takes a big threat to awaken the sleeping, then awaken, they will, and they will sleep no more, regardless of what awakened them.

You know how, when they first said “we’re putting up the GORGEOUS Eiffel tower”, in Paris, a lot of people were like, “WTF?” (in French). They knew “this is a pirated-vortex thing, a Death-energy-thing.”

I think that, after we’ve all come through this, we’re going to see how crime rates, mortality rates, desertification rates, increased as “communications infrastructure” did. First just telegraph lines, then phone lines, then radar, then microwave communication relay stations, then “cell” based communications. Frog getting boileder and boileder, every generation. Remember, their Death-energy tech worked when it was just church steeples and graveyards and roads. It got going in earnest when it became POWERED.

Our bacon saved, in the very nick of time, by the advent of simple orgonite, via an eccentric couple that I know.

Good stuff, Jeff.

The builders of this death network rely on the pervasiness of their technology. For instance electricity is constantly hammering everyone at harmful frequencies - it probably kills you much slower than diet coke but it’s still unhealthy though there are tools to counter it, such as grounding/earthing devices or even just having orgonite around will help. Further they’ve been polluting the electromagnetic spectrum with impunity ever since the first high powered radio towers (death technology) were put up, which was apparently the point when the cloud shapes of sylphs stopped showing up. I trust one day the relation between radio signals and the etheric energy will be a class you can take at university ;-)

People are being trained to shut off their curiosity at an early age so they don’t have to worry about these things… unfortunately for our would-be masters, the human being is not a simple machine you can just program and be done with.

Carlos, thank you. Electricity, yes, a great technical leap in the Etheric wars, get everyone to think it’s indispensable, try to write laws that make the Amish wire their homes, under the false guise of " protecting the resale market ." Cancer clusters near high-tension towers, well-documented, " everybody knows that ."

Who knows how slow - or how quickly! - we’ll recover our world? It’s already going much faster than I ever imagined it would or could.

Did you know PC sales fell “ more than 10% ” in the last quarter of 2015? Did you know that PC sales then fell “ more than 10% ” in the first quarter of 2016? That’s more than a 20% drop in PC sales, in six months. If that’s true, then how come an article from June, 2016 told me “ PC shipments are expected to fall 7.3% in 2016 compared to a year ago ”?

That’s because the folks in charge are not your friends, and are lying to you about basically everything – including PC sales. Oh, and “more than 10%” is hedging - downgrading the number, refusing to print the higher, actual, more-damaging number, the more-damning number. Or, wait, I mean numbers - because they used the same ruse in two different articles.

The words “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything. One of those variants is “ strange ”.

Which is why a story below says “ Time to panic over declining viewership? In this ‘very strange year,’ TV executives continue to say no .”

Can you see how they’re losing terribly, on every front?

Early in 2016, they’re piling up the sandbags, sandbagging: “ iPhone sales are reportedly on the decline, but why?

Reportedly .” That’s called hedging. The question mark at the end is a meme – they’ll put their own bullshit answer in the article for you, tell you What To Think.

What I think is that people are starting to get off the sauce, back away from the admittedly-titillating but ultimately-Very-Harmful suite of technologies that we’ve all been assured we could never, ever live without – despite the fact that they didn’t exist for the entirety of human history, and for much of my own life.

Remember: when the school of fish, the flock of birds turns, they do so apparently as one. You know how those Borg phone earpieces were all the rage for a repugnant 15 minutes? Well, in a moment, it’s going to be REALLY uncool to have TV screens in the back of your car’s headrests. Kids will not want to be seen grinning and greedily watching one.

Today’s newspaper reads: “Global shipments of tablet computers dropped 14.7% year-over-year.” Those are going-out-of-business numbers.

Still think my thesis is crazy?

See, below, how even a thread as negative and depressing as this one is turning to the positive?

January 31, 2013 - BRUTAL: 50% Decline In TV Viewership Shows Why Your Cable Bill Is So High

January 6, 2016 – iPhone sales are reportedly on the decline, but why? | TechRadar

April 15, 2016 – Are PCs Irrelevant? PC Sales In Q1 Drop More Than 10% – Are You …

And that’s after a horrible Q4, 2015 when sales were off more than 10%.

May 8, 2016 – iPhone Sales Are Down. Are We Flipping for ‘Dumb’ Phones Instead …

As Apple reports a decline in iPhone sales for the first time ever, are “unplugged” phones poised for a comeback?

June 9, 2016 – PC Sales Are Worse Than You Think - Fortune

PC shipments are expected to fall 7.3% in 2016 compared to a year ago

July 26, 2016 – Apple Reports Yet Another Quarter Of Declining iPhone Sales - Forbes

August 19, 2016 - Apple Had Three Consecutive Quarters of Slowing Demand as Sales Declined 7.7 Percent

Overall sales of mobile phones contracted by 0.5 percent

October 3, 2016 – Time to panic over declining viewership? - SportsBusiness Daily …

In this ‘very strange year,’ TV executives continue to say no

October 11, 2016 - Gartner: PC Sales Have Declined Eight Consecutive Quarters | Digital …

October 31, 2016 - Apple and Samsung Continue to Lead Shrinking Tablet Market

Apple saw shipments decline to 9.3 million devices. The tablet market had another rough quarter . Global shipments of tablet computers dropped 14.7% year-over-year to 43 million tablets shipped in the third quarter 2016.

Programming’s a funny thing. “ Tut-tut, there’s no such thing as the Ether” , we have been edjamacated. And so, to some, to many, an obscure internet forum discussing various TYPES of Ether would seem crazy, mad, nuts.

Yet, if " there’s no such thing as the Ether " is a cunning lie, a ruse, and there is, in fact, an Ether, then the amount, the percentage of rubes taken in by the “no Ether” Confidence Game doesn’t matter - as long as there is a significant enough subset of the populace who are on to the Con to monkeywrench it, pull it down. By distributing simple, inexpensive Orgonite devices to undo and transform the Bad Energy juju that the folks who cooked up the Con invented it for in the first place - so they could have their way with humanity, in a bad way, and blame all the negative ramifications of their actions on cow farts, and car exhaust, and habitat destabilization, and such and such.

It’s not that cow farts, or covering acres of farmland with a Wal-Mart complex, have no impact. They do. It’s just that the impact is micro-level, where the collective injection of Dead Orgone Radiation into generally, the atmosphere at large, and specifically, the Earth grid, is what’s really moving the needles on a macro level. It’s invisible, so a united front of programming denying it all is pretty effective.

If you calculate the percentage of the human populace who are actively distributing simple, inexpensive Orgonite devices at this time, it is beyond miniscule. And yet we’re seeing significant, in fact unprecedented positive changes in our natural environment.

You know, it just struck me – the Hindu’s suggest that we’re in the “Kali Yuga”, lit. “age of [the demon] Kali”, or “age of vice”), the last of the four stages the world goes through as part of the cycle of yugas described in the Sanskrit scriptures. The other ages are called Satya Yuga, Treta Yuga, and Dvapara Yuga.

The suggestion is that things have worsened and worsened, and we’re about to go through a great transformation, back to another “Golden Age”. If I recall, there was a lot of New Age boilerplate saying it would happen in 2012.

I’ve subjectively just concluded that the folks who’ve been in charge on this globe all the way back to Babylon, and before have been messing things up for humanity as hard as they could from then to now, building and expanding their “hidden” Death Energy network, with churches and temples on key energy vortices, Ba’al pillars up on the hilltops, and later expanding into Telegraph poles out across the American continent, etc., etc. “ Occult ” means “ hidden ”.

So “ oh, everything just gets worse, it’s the natural order of things!” is one of the big programming coups.

Only it’s just all been upended, and the year that we began to see the big Positive Changes occurring was, wait for it, around 2012.

Don forwarded this to me from a reader of the forum:

“You should consider also the effect of the birth control pill on the death rate of white females under 45. This pill creates an extremely oxidized environment in the body of a female taking it just like antibiotics only more so. The current generation of western women who can afford this pill and have access to it has been taking this pill for more than 20 years. So there are cumulative effects. This pill, compounded by weaponized food, diet coke with aspartame, medical drugs and DOR radiation from cell phones could explain the rising female death rate as men don’t take it. The interesting thing is that there is now medical talk about producing a birth control pill for men.”

Jeff says, yes, another addition to the milieu .

However I would note that “The rising suicide rate among young girls” needle would not be moved by that driver. And mortality rates in the U.S. are increasing for males and females (albeit more quickly for females). And suicide rates are increasing globally, for both men and women, albeit more strikingly for women. So I think it’s part of the “soup”, but not at the core of what’s going on.

Appreciate the attention, and the addition.

The words “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

In addition to the three main meme words, meme-variants below include “ it’s not clear ”, “ unexplained ”, “ not sure ”, “ disturbing ”, “ startling ”, “ stunned ”, “ difficult to explain ”, “ can’t say ”, and the question mark, a la “ Why Did the Death Rate Rise Among Middle-Aged White Americans ?”

About the only other call-out I’ve got for you is this masterful, deviant inversion of the concept “rising mortality”:

New Clues in the Mystery of Women’s Lagging Life Expectancy .”

It’s so perfectly Mil-Speak - remember: it’s not “rising mortality”, it’s " lagging life expectancy ."

It’s just lagging , you see, like a well-meaning but distracted child…lagging behind, but soon to catch up!

Oh, and this is a Data Point: “ Coroner baffled by suicides as police downplay internet link .”

January 23, 2008 – Coroner baffled by suicides as police downplay internet link

February 20, 2008 – SPOTLIGHT: Rise in midlife suicides puzzles researchers …

November 24, 2010 – Youth Suicides Baffle Kazakhstan | EurasiaNet.org

March 21, 2011 – AP Enterprise: Indian youth suicide crisis baffles | Fox News

October 17, 2012 – Rise in suicide rate puzzles experts | Lifestyles | lacrossetribune.com

March 4, 2013 – Mortality mystery: Female death rates are rising–and it’s not clear why

April 8, 2013 – Researchers solve mystery about ‘rising’ Canadian stillbirth rates - The …

May 15, 2013 – Baffling Rise in Suicides Plagues U.S. Military - The New York Times

May 26, 2015 – Experts puzzled by sudden rise in Russia’s mortality rate | Russia …

July 25, 2013 – U.K. - Mystery of sudden rise in elderly death rates

July 25, 2013 – Death rates show ’ mystery rise’ - BBC News

There has been an unexplained rise in the number of people dying in England and Wales, according to a leaked analysis.

August 13, 2014 – A puzzling rise in suicides among youth in Bexar County - San Antonio …

May 15, 2015 – Why Are Rates of Suicide Soaring Across the Planet? | AlterNet

May 19, 2015 – Rise in Suicide by Black Children Baffles Researchers

October 22, 2015 – The mystery behind Japan’s high suicide rates among kids

November 4, 2015 – “ Puzzling ” Rise in White Suicide « The Thinking Housewife

November 5, 2015 – Why Did the Death Rate Rise Among Middle-Aged White Americans?

November 6, 2015 – Suicide rates are highest for men in their 50s and we’re not sure why

November 13, 2015 - Yes, Death Rates for Middle-Aged Whites Are Rising – but Why?

December 2, 2015 – Mysterious rising mortality of a subset of Americans | D Gary Grady

January 1, 2016 – Unprecedented Spike in Deaths of White People Baffling | American …

February 17, 2016 – Mystery over biggest rise in deaths for 50 years | The Times

February 22, 2016 – “Why Are White Death Rates Rising?” - The Unz Review

IT’S disturbing and puzzling news: Death rates are rising for white, less-educated Americans.

March 18, 2016 – Comparative wealth vs crappy well being: Australia’s suicide puzzle

April 22, 2016 – Experts Puzzled about Massive Increase in Suicide among Americans …

April 22, 2016 – There’s Been A Startling Rise In Suicide Rates In The U.S. | Huffington …

June 1, 2016 – First Rise in U.S. Death Rate in Years Surprises Experts

June 1, 2016 – Fundamentally Transformed: Experts Stunned By Rising Death Rate in Obama’s America

August 22, 2016 – New Clues in the Mystery of Women’s Lagging Life Expectancy

August 29, 2016 - Why It’s So Difficult to Explain the Rising Maternal Mortality Rate in Texas

September 4, 2016 – More New Mothers in Texas are Dying; Experts Can’t Say Why | The …

This just in from Carlos, from the book “The Secret Life of Plants”, by Thompkins and Bird. Specifically, it’s from Chapter 12: “Force Fields, Humans and Plants”. I’m embarrassed to have never read the book, and may take this as the inspiration to do so.

The passage talks about experiments done by a John Nash Ott, Carlos believes in the 1960’s.

“With generous support from the Evelyn Wood Foundation, Ott has carried on studies on what effects TV sets might have on children with behavioral problems. With the cooperation of Mrs. Arnold C. Tackett, principal of a school which devotes itself to such children in Sarasota, Florida, Ott made checks of home TV sets watched by the youngsters and found measurable amounts of X-ray radiation in most of them, especially those which had run for long hours without overhaul. The parents agreed to get the children to spend much more time playing outdoors during the summer vacation and to sit far back from the TV while watching it. By November of the new school year, Mrs. Tackett was able to report the behavioral problems of children so treated were markedly diminished.”

And so we see science brought to bear, and a positive association between TV and behavioral problems.

This is from back in this thread, bolds, italics, underscores are mine:

“April 28, 2010 – The association between problematic cellular phone use and risky behaviors and low self-esteem among Taiwanese adolescents. Positive associations were found between problematic CPU and aggression , insomnia, smoking cigarettes, suicidal tendencies, and low self-esteem in all groups with different sexes and ages. 1,827 adolescents (16.4%) had problematic CPU. Girls were more likely to have problematic CPU than boys (18.5% vs. 14.4%, χ2 = 34.847, p < 0.001).”

And so we see science brought to bear, and a positive association between SSmart phone use and behavioral problems.

This is from back in the thread, bold, italics, underscores are mine:

“October 9, 2014 – The rates of suicidal ideation were 23.50% and 11.76% in adolescents with problematic Cell Phone Use and without problematic Cell Phone Use, respectively. The rates of suicidal attempts in both groups were 13.70% and 5.45% , respectively. This study found that problematic CPU was associated with suicidal tendencies among all g roup s of adolescents.”

And so we see science brought to bear, and a positive association between SSmart phone use and, er, “behavioral problems”, which seems like a mild, Mil-Speak term for “being driven to kill one’s self.”

Phone addicts thought about killing themselves 11.74% more, and actually attempted to kill themselves 7.25% more than those holding bars of soap up to their heads. Actually, the news is better than that, because “bars of soap” implies zero phone use. It might imply that moderate phone use could be something we might consider as a populace.

You know, as we tiptoe backward into history, and discuss cathode ray tube televisions, and simple electrical infrastructure, we may see that things like “ if you live long enough, you’ll get cancer ” and “oh, everyone’s getting cancer, these days, but that’s just because everyone’s living so long ” are ruses, plausible-deniability excuses to explain away the steady increase of “western ailments” that has increased in trackable way right along with, er, technical infrastructure.

If that were the case, we would again see micro-level behavioral excuses tabled as plausible-deniability trail-balloons, floated to draw attention away from the horrific truth that the folks running the con would do anything to cover up.

The black Programme is multilayered – things like bad diet choices, ingested toxins, and the like creating the cracks that the Death energy carried by the technical infrastructure can then work its way into, as it were.

Simple, inexpensive Orgonite devices have been drawing down and transforming the excess Death energy in the environment for, call it, fifteen years or so, now. And, coincident with that, the populace is backing off on bad diet choices, ingested toxins, and the like.

“Cancer Statistics Report: Death Rate Down 23% in 21 Years”

“Age-adjusted death rates for heart disease fell from 520.4 deaths per 100,000 Americans in 1969 to 169.1 in 2013. Stroke deaths dropped from 156.8 per 100,000 Americans to 36.”

A 67% drop in heart disease deaths. A 75% drop in stroke deaths.

Yes, yes, “ better treatment! ” is an incremental, micro-level driver in those drops. But I do not believe that they explain the entirety, the magnitude of the drops.

And so, seeing a sudden mortality increase, across the globe, right now - and seeing particular, marked increases in suicide and maternal mortality here in the U.S. - within the contexts of those huge, long-term drops, is certainly attention-getting.

I think the example Carlos brought forward shows that “there’s something very illin within our, er, technical infrastructure”, and that it’s been there the whole way.

An article below kicks off by telling us that “ Concerns are likely to be sparked anew with the report of a study linking cell phone use to behavioral problems in children .”

“Concerns are likely to be sparked anew…”

So it’s not for sure, but rather concerns may be sparked anew. That’s called hedging .

Concerns are likely to be sparked anew with the report of a study linking cell phone use to behavioral problems in children .”

So it’s not “a study linking phone use to behavioral problems”, but, rather, it’s a report of a study. Distancing, hedging .

The story goes on to say that “ The highest OR for behavioural problems were for children who had both prenatal and postnatal exposure to cell phones .”

Hey, wait! You told me up front that it was phone use that was the link. How come now we’re suddenly talking about exposure ?

That’s because they led with a lie, the lie being that it was “ use ”. When the truth, buried below, is that it was, in fact, “ exposure .”

So, obviously, the thing that’s driving the behavioral problems is in the exposure to the signal…it’s in the beam, itself. Versus behaviorally-modifying content consumed via the phone, or being distracted by the phone, or being influenced by “blue light” emitted by the phone’s screen. Because foeti are not watching " The Bachelor ", but are rather being incidentally irradiated by the beam carrying the episode of The Bachelor that is being watched by their pregnant mom.

For children of mothers who used cell phones, and who also used cell phones themselves, there was a 50% relative increase in reported behavioral problems. For children who did not use cell phones but whose mothers did while pregnant, the relative increase was 40% .”

Blammo. And so we have learned that continuing the use of the phone after they were born only broadened the illin’ behavior by an additional 10% (40% rising to 50%).

And that the large majority of the damage that was done occurred in utero, via their exposure.

June 9, 2008 – Cell Phones Disrupt Teens’ Sleep - WebMD

European researchers report that teenagers who use their phones more than 15 times a day have more trouble falling asleep and staying asleep

June 9, 2009 – TV before bed causes chronic health problems , study claims - Telegraph

December 8, 2010 – Concerns are likely to be sparked anew with the report of a study linking cell phone use to behavioral problems in children .

The study, by Divan, Kheifets, Obel, and Olsen, is a follow up of a prior study which showed a correlation between cell phone use in pregnant women and behavior problems in their children. They sought to replicate this study with a larger data set and taking into consideration more possible confounding factors. They found:

Results

The highest OR for behavioural problems were for children who had both prenatal and postnatal exposure to cell phones compared with children not exposed during either time period . The adjusted effect estimate was 1.5 (95% CI 1.4 to 1.7).

Conclusions The findings of the previous publication were replicated in this separate group of participants demonstrating that cell phone use was associated with behavioural problems at age 7 years in children, and this association was not limited to early users of the technology . Although weaker in the new dataset, even with further control for an extended set of potential confounders, the associations remained.

For children of mothers who used cell phones, and who also used cell phones themselves, there was a 50% relative increase in reported behavioral problems. For children who did not use cell phones but whose mothers did while pregnant , the relative increase was 40% – these relative increases are with an absolute baseline risk of 2% reporting behavioral problems (so a 50% relative increase would be a 1% absolute increase in risk). This is a small, if statistically significant, effect. An odds ratio of 1.5 is a reasonable effect size, depending on what is being measured.

April 14, 2014 – Too Much TV Time Linked To Poorer Sleep In Kids - Forbes

February 1, 2016 - Trouble Sleeping ? Your TV, Computer or Phone May Be the Cause …

March 26, 2015 - Why Your Cell Phone Causes Sleep Problems - Sound Sleep Institute

The words " mystery ", " baffled " and " puzzled " are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

That’s why a quoted talking head in the article I’ve appended below says that a doubling of suicides among middle school students in the U.S. is " difficult to explain ."

https://www.foxnews.com/health/…ashes.html

November 4, 2016 – More US middle school students dying of suicide than car crashes

The suicide rate among U.S. middle school students doubled from 2007 to 2014 , surpassing for the first time the incidence of youngsters aged 10 to 14 who died in car crashes, a federal report released on Thursday said.

The steady seven-year rise in middle school suicides , from an annual rate of 0.9 to 2.1 per 100,000, came as traffic deaths among the same age group declined to 1.9 per 100,000, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta.

Mark Kaplan, a professor of social welfare at the University of California, Los Angeles, said in a phone interview, " In time we might uncover some reasons, but a cautionary note [is] not to rush to any conclusions from this ." The underlying causes of suicide are highly complex, making it difficult to explain the trends documented by the CDC, he added.

April 21, 2016 – U.K. – Should you dump your smartphone for a flip-phone?

April 22, 2016 – Suicide rate in U.S. on the rise, with spike for girls age 10-14 | PBS …

April 29, 2016 – Here’s something the high-tech world doesn’t readily admit : It’s OK not to use a smartphone.

Americans are actually buying more flip phones, candybar phones and other 2000s throwbacks. Last year 24.2 million so-called feature phones shipped in the U.S., nearly 2 million more than the year before , according to research firm IDC…

(That’s a 9% increase in Flip Phone sales in a year – ed)

May 5, 2016 – Smartphone Addiction May Affect 50% Of Teens | AMTV 2016®

The report was a meta-analysis, using the data from 1,240 parents and teenagers living in the same household, as well the data from eighteen different researches on Internet addiction and its impact on teenagers. And the results turned out to be made even more concerning by the involved parties admitting their problem.

Half of the teenagers in the study recognized that their smartphone addiction was a problem , as did 59 percent of the parents in the study.

June 1, 2016 – Women More Prone To Smartphone Addiction Than Men : Study …

The study, pulled from a survey back in 2013 that consisted of 1,236 students across six South Korean colleges, found that 52% of the women surveyed were on their smartphones for at least four hours a day , enough to kill the battery on some handsets, while only 29.4% of the men surveyed said the same of their use patterns.

August 10, 2016 – Hollywood actor Bill Murray is said never to have had a smartphone

September 7, 2016 – Minnesota suicide rate hits record high in 2015 – Twin Cities

September 8, 2016 – It’s 2016 and Samsung just announced a flip phone - Digital Trends

September 25, 2016 – Las Vegas, N.V. - Participants in digital detox weekend at Strip resort ditch smartphones, rejoin real world

The detox began on Friday night and by Saturday morning, the group seemed to lose all track of time. A few people asked … but then they didn’t anymore. Not being so aware of time was freeing and empowering. “It’s dark out. It must be night,” said one detoxer.

“No one wears watches anymore,” said a business executive who admitted with a wide grin, “I have absolutely no idea what time it is – and that’s sort of great. For once, I’m just living in the moment without time pressure. I can breathe.”

October 13, 2016 – U.S. Maternal Mortality Rate Unusually High and Rising

Maternal mortality rate (MMR) in the United States has gone up by 64 percent since 1990 and is now higher than most “high-income” countries.

October 17, 2016 – Oct 17, 2016 - Moby attacks Smartphone Addition with new music video.

October 26, 2016 - Why flip phones might rise and conquer the world - Indianapolis Star

November 2, 2016 – Study: Rate of maternal mortality doubles in Texas

State report narrows down causes

The number doubled from 2010 to 2014 from nearly 18 to 36 deaths per 100,000 births.

November 4, 2016 – Why Do You Still See Flip Phones In Anime? - Answerman - Anime …

November 6, 2016 - Return of the flip phone? Apple patent reveals drastic new design for folding iPhone.

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”

George Orwell

This just in from Carlos, many thanks, as always. It’s an article about a study that showed that individuals with a longer average SSmartphone screen time were “more likely to have poorer sleep quality and less sleep overall.”

Neurolinguistic programming is a full time job, which is why the article starts with the phrase “ you love your smartphone .”

The article is tortuously, painfully long. The hedging starts with the headline, “Your smartphone may be hurting your sleep.”

The following nugget is held up as an example of how the research is “flawed”:

" The more extreme users and the less extreme users had an average age of 44 and 52 years old and both groups were predominately female "

Can you see how they’re trying to throw out the evidence pointing at the group that’s also got the high suicide rates?

So, why is the most wonderful invention in the history of the human race wrecking the sleep of those who binge on it?

Other research (PDF) has shown that the blue light emitted by smartphones (and other digital devices) might suppress our body’s production of melatonin, a hormone that induces tiredness and contributes to the timing of sleep-wake cycles .”

Well, if that’s true, then why did other research (please page back in this thread) show that the majority of behavioral problems found in children map against cell phone exposure in utero, when their foetal selves were obviously not being exposed to the blue light? Oh, and what’s with “ might suppress?” Is this a guessing game? I thought this was a scientific exercise.

Another reason that it was suggested that the research is flawed was “ the study is likely to over-represent those with poorer cardiac function and those who are a "little older than typical mobile device users ."

Well, if their being “ a little older ” is a problem, scientifically, then why is it noted earlier in the article that “ Today, most everyone is a smartphone junkie ”? Doesn’t “ most everyone ” include female users from age 44 to 52? And do you have any data for me re: the connection between heart disease and trouble sleeping? I didn’t think so. They’re doing what’s called “ throwing chaff ”, which is a reference to the shredded aluminum foil dispersed from planes in the WWII era to confuse enemy radar.

Based on his results, he suggested that insomniacs and other troubled sleepers should avoid looking at their screens for half an hour or so before going to bed to see whether that might enhance the quality of their slumber. He added, "There’s almost certainly no harm in giving that a good try ."

Almost certainly no harm? That’s hedging. Giving that a good try ? What? It’s hilariously cynical, like saying “good luck with THAT!” It’s also Orwellian, as the study showed that the phone was what was causing the harm, and now the talking head is implying that you might harm yourself if you stop using it.

to see whether that might enhance the quality of their slumber .” Wait, what? The study shows a clear association between hours logged and sleep troubles. So, logically, scientifically, lowering hours logged must improve sleep, as the driver that was shown, was proven to be the sleep disruptor will have been mitigated by X percent. Might enhance, might hedges. That sentence ends with the word “ slumber ”, which is childish, and childlike. I’ve italicized other examples of similar prattle below…the word “ bedtime ” is used repeatedly. Those words are used to make the whole inquiry, the whole subject less, you know, deadly serious .

Which is the same reason the “ concerned scientists ”, or the reporter using words like “schweepytime” (o.k., I made that last one up), don’t mention things like “heavy phone use has also been linked to behavioral problems, increased suicidal ideations and actions, drug and alcohol use, et al.

The good news is that the data is building, and that the whole article is an example of a desperate rearguard action which shall soon turn to rout.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/…index.html

Your smartphone may be hurting your sleep

November 9, 2016

“You love your smartphone, but it may be ruining your ZZZ’s . Use of these devices, especially near bedtime , is associated with worse quality of sleep, according to a new study.

“When we looked at smartphone use around the time when participants reported they went to bed, more smartphone use around that time in particular was associated with a longer time to fall asleep and worse sleep quality during the night ,” said Dr. Gregory Marcus, author of the study and an associate professor of medicine at the University of California, San Francisco. His research was published Wednesday in the journal PLOS One.

The word “crackberry” became popular roughly a decade ago to describe the addictive quality of BlackBerry devices – arguably the first really successful smartphones. Today, most everyone is a smartphone junkie, standing with head bowed while waiting for a train or in line at the post office.

Knowing that smartphone use has increased in tandem with sleep deprivation rates, Marcus and his colleagues decided to investigate whether the two might be related. To answer this question, he used existing information collected by an Internet-based study he started in March 2013.

“Health eHeart,” which was funded by the National Institutes of Health and endorsed by the American Heart Association, is designed to study cardiovascular health. Anyone 18 years of age or older can enroll in Health eHeart, co-founded by Drs. Mark Pletcher and Jeffrey Olgin, professors at UCSF.

After signing a consent form, enrolled participants self-report their health data via a series of online questionnaires. The information is gathered, analyzed and used to research and develop strategies to prevent and treat all aspects of heart disease.

About 80,000 participants have enrolled in Health eHeart, Marcus said. “We’ve had people from every state in the US, lots of people from every state, and we actually have people from 50 countries.”

Marcus and his co-founders also make the data available to other scientists conducting unrelated studies. For the new smartphone study, Marcus dipped into this wealth of information to conduct his own “sub-study.”

Mining the data

If the total Health eHeart enrollees, 653 people chose to participate in and complete the new smartphone-sleep study. Participants installed an app on their phones to automatically record the total number of minutes in each hour the screen was turned on (total screen time) during a 30-day period.

These participants had already reported their sleep hours and sleep quality using a validated questionnaire as part of the general Health eHeart experience, Marcus explained. So, when answering the sleep assessment questions, participants also entered demographic data plus information about their alcohol use, physical activity, smoking habits and other health issues.

By answering so many questions, participants were unaware of what the researchers were studying , explained Marcus: “We wouldn’t expect any bias.”

Analyzing the data, the researchers discovered that, on average, participants used their smartphones for a total of 38.4 hours over a 30-day period. Individuals with a longer average screen time were more likely to have poorer sleep quality and less sleep overall : About 35% of those who used their smartphones for shorter amounts of time than average had sleep difficulties, compared with 42% of those with average or greater than average use. And poor quality sleep was more likely for participants who used their smartphones near bedtime.

The researchers discovered that screen-time varies throughout a 24-hour period, but most occurs during the day. Yet for some participants, smartphone use peaked during the night.

" We can’t exclude the possibility that some people can’t sleep for some completely unrelated reason, and because they can’t sleep, they’re using their smartphone, just to pass the time ," Marcus said.

Despite potential shortcomings, Marcus’ research does align with other studies showing that the use of technology near bedtime is associated with difficulty sleeping, such as the 2011 National Sleep Foundation poll. Other research (PDF) has shown that the blue light emitted by smartphones (and other digital devices) might suppress our body’s production of melatonin , a hormone that induces tiredness and contributes to the timing of sleep-wake cycles.

“So there’s some biological plausibility supporting the idea that there is a causal relationship, but we weren’t able to identify that ,” Marcus noted.

It is believed that sleep is a restorative process and a basic biologic need," said Dr. Neil Kline, a sleep physician, internist and representative of the American Sleep Association. “When animals, including humans, are deprived of sleep, there are many body systems that fail. Not only does our performance, memory and attention span suffer, our immune system and endocrine system is also impaired.”

According to Kline, who was not involved in the new study, sleep deprivation is associated with metabolic disease and increased appetite. Additional research suggests that poor sleep – including low-quality or low-quantity sleep – is a risk factor for obesity, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and depression.

Though most of these negative effects have been studied exclusively in adults, children’s sleep is also affected by technology, according to an unrelated study. Lead author Ben Carter, a senior lecturer in biostatistics at King’s College London, and his colleagues discovered that for teens and children, the use of cell phones, tablets and computers is associated with losing sleep time and sleep quality .

Carter found the conclusions in Marcus’ study “reasonable,” but he believes the research is flawed in some respects . With participants sampled from the Health eHeart study, he said, the study is likely to over-represent those with poorer cardiac function and those who are a "little older than typical mobile device users."

See the latest news and share your comments with CNN Health on Facebook and Twitter.

"The more extreme users and the less extreme users had an average age of 44 and 52 years old and both groups were predominately female ," Carter wrote in an email. The data, then, are derived from a small and specific sample of the population and so the study results may not hold true for the general population.

Marcus said he suspects that some people may be affected more than others and overuse of a smartphone impacts their sleep more than it would for other people. He hopes to investigate this question in the future.

Based on his results, he suggested that insomniacs and other troubled sleepers should avoid looking at their screens for half an hour or so before going to bed to see whether that might enhance the quality of their slumber .

He added, "There’s almost certainly no harm in giving that a good try."

February 16, 2016 – England and Wales show a five per cent increase in mortality rates in just one year.

England and Wales has suffered the biggest annual rise in deaths for almost fifty years

February, 2016 – In the UK, the annual rate of mortality improvement from 2000-11 hit 2.5%. But more recent evidence suggests that, in the UK at least, longevity trends may be changing . “In the past four years, mortality has been heavier than expected, with more people dying,” says Tim Gordon, partner at Aon Hewitt. “In 2015, it was off the scale.”

This reversal can be seen in the figure, which shows the long-term trend (1975-99) with mortality improvement running at an average 1.4% per year. Mortality improvement then accelerates (the death rate falls by more each year) from 2000-11, but then declines sharply over the past four years.

September 10, 2016 – Suicides continue to steadily increase, and experts don’t know why.

November 4, 2016 – Rate of U.S. youth suicides surpasses deaths by car crashes

November 7, 2016 – Colorado - High suicide rate plagues La Plata County

For middle-aged, white women rates high in state and locally

The words “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

December 17, 2012 - High Maternal Mortality Rates for Black Moms Still a Mystery

March 4, 2013 – Mortality mystery: Female death rates are rising–and it’s not clear why

July 25, 2013 – Death rates show ’mystery rise’ - BBC News

May 26, 2015 – Experts puzzled by sudden rise in Russia’s mortality rate | Russia …

December 2, 2015 – The mysteries of women’s health - Daily Kos

Mysterious rising mortality of a subset of Americans

January 1, 2016 – Unprecedented Spike in Deaths of White People Baffling

May 9, 2016 – Why is the U.S. Infant Mortality Rate So High?

June 3, 2016 – America’s Mysterious Rising Death Rate - The Atlantic

April 8, 2016 – Last year, 545 people died in Colorado traffic accidents, an 11.7 percent increase from the 488 traffic deaths recorded in 2014, according to the Colorado Department of Transportation. It was the first year since 2008 that Colorado had recorded more than 500 traffic deaths.

CDOT said the odds of dying in a traffic accident are climbing, and it’s “a lot higher of a chance than winning the lottery,” said Shailen Bhatt, executive director.

Among the most notable increases was a nearly 11 percent rise in motorcycle fatalities — 104 deaths in 2015, compared with 94 in 2014.

Sam Cole, CDOT spokesman, said the agency doesn’t have an explanation for the rise.

In 2016, the State Patrols hopes to crack down on distracted driving, which is difficult to gauge because drivers tend not to be forthcoming as to whether they were texting or tweeting before a crash.

“Distracted driving is an epidemic,” Bhatt said. “We know that we need to be doing a lot of education with folks around not using their phones. Just like we needed time to develop alcohol strategies for education, there is some time that is needed to understand the role of technology and distracted driving.”

The 11.7 percent increase in fatalities over 2014 is the highest year-over-year increase since 2002 . That year, 743 people died in traffic accidents. The lowest since then was 447 fatalities in 2011.

July 3, 2016 - There is no real explanation for this increase in women’s death rate

November 6, 2016 - Cause of Most Stillbirths Remains a Mystery