Rising Female Death Rate

Don, good afternoon – please post this on it’s own in R&D…or choose not to post, which I would understand and respect. In which case you may of course forward this person to person as you see fit.

It’s upsetting, and volatile, but I’m writing it to try to save some lives.

I’ve already told my closest friends (yourself included), and will try to explain it to my ‘Smart’ phone-addicted wife, before it kills her .

“Down from the wall leapt Gimli with a fierce cry that echoed in the cliffs. ‘ Khazad! Khazad! ’ He soon had work enough. ‘Ai-oi!’ he shouted. The orcs are behind the wall. Ai-oi! Come, Legolas! There are enough for us both. Khazad ai-menu!

Gamling the Old looked down from the Hornburg, hearing the great voice of the dwarf above all the tumult. ‘The orcs are in the deep!’ he cried. ‘Helm! Helm! Forth, Helmingas!’ he shouted as he leapt down the stair from the rock with many stout men of Westfold at his back.”

J.R.R. Tolkein, from “ The Two Towers

This is not going in the “Positive Changes That Are Occurring” thread because it’s chock full, brimful of negative changes. Namely, steeply-rising suicide rates, death rates, maternal mortality rates…most conspicuously for white women in the U.S.

As white women between 25 and 55 die at spiking rates, a close look…A spike in mortality not seen since the AIDS epidemic in the early 1980s .”

The suicide rate for girls and young women in the U.S. continues to rise at a pace far faster than for young males.”

The words “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

That’s why a headline below reads “Experts puzzled by sudden rise in Russia’s mortality rate.” And another describes “America’s Mysterious Rising Death Rate.”

The cloud of such meme words surrounding the data that follows is denser than I’ve ever seen it. You can read the rest of them below.

The maternal mortality rate increased 49% in the U.S. in the thirteen years between 1990 and 2013. And, as a subset, it increased by 27% in just four years, from 2000 to 2014. Can you see how the negative change is increasing in speed and magnitude, here?

You won’t find a living human other than me saying “um, the variable in all these stats is obviously white women’s signature ‘Smart’ phone addiction.” But I reckon you won’t find a living human other than me saying a great number of things. The good news is that I think that’s going to change, and soon, as awareness continues to rise.

You could go with my thesis, or consider these, put forward by the folks in charge of things: “ Global Warming Will Cause Rise in Death Rates ”…“ Crib bumpers blamed for infant death rate increase .”

You’ll simply need to use your personal discernment, here.

Truth will out over time, as they say.

But the good news, here, is that the hardest part of fixing a problem is realizing that you have one:

March 4, 2013 – Mortality mystery : Female death rates are rising --and it’s not clear why …

March 6, 2015 – The suicide rate for girls and young women in the U.S. continues to rise at a pace far faster than for young males , health officials said Thursday.

The report found that from 2007-2013, the rate for young females went from 2.2 to 3.4 per 100,000. That’s the highest since 1981, when such tracking began .

March 9, 2016 – A steep rise in death by suicide among middle-aged Australians and young women has driven the national suicide rate to its highest level in 13 years.

April 29, 2015 – Depression kills too many people in India but smartphones can help …

May 26, 2015 - Experts puzzled by sudden rise in Russia’s mortality rate

November 30, 2015 – Crib bumpers blamed for infant death rate increase

February 1, 2016 – His team put the maternal mortality rate increase in the U.S. between 1990 and 2013 at closer to 49 percent

April 8, 2016 - As white women between 25 and 55 die at spiking rates , a close look …

A spike in mortality not seen since the AIDS epidemic in the early 1980s

April 20, 2016 - White Women Suffered Biggest Drop In Life Expectancy In The U.S. …

April 20, 2016 – Life Expectancy Drops For White Women , Increases For Black Men

June, 2016 – Suicide Replaces Homicide as Second-Leading Cause of Death …

June 1, 2016 - First Rise in U.S. Death Rate in Years Surprises Experts

June 1, 2016 - U.S. Death Rate Rises for First Time in a Decade, Reasons Are Unclear

June 1, 2016 – U.S. Death Rate Rises, But Health Officials Aren’t Sure Why - NBC News

June 1, 2016 – Experts Stunned By Rising Death Rate in Obama’s America. .

June 3, 2016 – America’s Mysterious Rising Death Rate

June 28, 2016 – Global Warming Will Cause Rise in Death Rates - ABC News

June 30, 2016 – While middle-age blacks and Latinos have seen steady declines in their mortality in recent years, whites in the same age group saw their mortality increase about 10% between 1999 and 2014.

August 15, 2016 – The US maternal death rate has doubled . But why? | Advisory Board …

August 25, 2016 – The maternal mortality rate across most of the US increased by 27 percent from 2000 to 2014,

September 7, 2016 – The number of suicide deaths increased 6 percent in Minnesota last year

September 7, 2016 - More new mothers in Texas are dying and experts can’t say why …

Because the “Smart” phone they’re addicted to is driving increased mortality, maternal mortality, and infant mortality, and also disturbing their sleep patterns:

Why Do Some Women Suffer Sleep Difficulty? It Has To Do With Being A Woman, Says Study

Tech Times - ‎15 minutes ago‎

Women suffer through more sleep problems than men and it’s not clear why. Researchers, however, are saying the reason has to do with a woman’s biology.

[It’s true that women use these a lot more than men do. Carol’s afraid to put one of these next to her head because even orgonite on a phone won’t prevent brain damage, nor will any other protective gadget, evidently, so she more often uses the speaker option. ~D]

Big one, here - vegetation equals Life energy, POR. Not shocking to you and me, but grist for the mill.

April 16, 2016 – More exposure to vegetation linked with lower mortality rates in women

Boston, MA ─ Women in the U.S. who live in homes surrounded by more vegetation appear to have significantly lower mortality rates than those who live in areas with less vegetation, according to a new study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). During an eight-year study period, there were fewer deaths among women who lived in the greenest surroundings—their mortality rate was 12% lower than those living in homes in the least green areas .

Doubles in 25 years, then the next noted doubling took just 15 years.

July 14, 2013 – US maternal mortality rate doubles in past 25 years

May 10, 2015 - American mothers die in childbirth at twice the rate they did in 2000

“Down from the wall leapt Gimli with a fierce cry that echoed in the cliffs. ‘ Khazad! Khazad! ’ He soon had work enough. ‘Ai-oi!’ he shouted. The orcs are behind the wall. Ai-oi! Come, Legolas! There are enough for us both. Khazad ai-menu!

Gamling the Old looked down from the Hornburg, hearing the great voice of the dwarf above all the tumult. ‘The orcs are in the deep!’ he cried. ‘Helm! Helm! Forth, Helmingas!’ he shouted as he leapt down the stair from the rock with many stout men of Westfold at his back.”

J.R.R. Tolkein, from “ The Two Towers

I originally thought that this post was not going in the “Positive Changes That Are Occurring” thread because it’s chock full, brimful of negative changes. Namely, steeply-rising suicide rates, death rates, maternal mortality rates…most conspicuously for white women in the U.S.

[Since overal crime and illness rates are dropping within this period it looks like a specific agenda, targeting women. I don’t think it can be accounted for by the simple fact that women communicate more than men. Thanks for pursuing this, Jeff, because we’re always looking for new targets within the corporate/oligarch hierarchy. Let’s see what develops Cool. ~D]

As white women between 25 and 55 die at spiking rates, a close look…A spike in mortality not seen since the AIDS epidemic in the early 1980s .”

The suicide rate for girls and young women in the U.S. continues to rise at a pace far faster than for young males.”

But context is everything, and the data I’ve gathered below is, to me, certainly a cautionary tale about what happens when the Death energy level in the environment gets too high, is artificially pumped up by malefic technology designed for that purpose.

Here’s one bit of data, one statistic:

“The Italian National Institute of Statistics released mortality data for 2015 in February, 2016. These data reported a 9.1% excess mortality compared with 2014. These data are in line with patterns elsewhere in Europe. These data were poorly covered in the media.”

Here’s another:

“May 10, 2015 - American mothers die in childbirth at twice the rate they did in 2000”

A ten percent increase in the death rate, in one year . Doubling of the maternal death rate in fifteen years. I guess the only good news, here, is that no amount of hand-waving, smoke-blowing, or obfuscation is going to keep such a trend on the down-low for very long, even factoring in the wild addiction of a significant portion of the populace to the technologies that are doing the killing.

“Apr 22, 2016 - The overall suicide rate rose by 24 percent from 1999 to 2014, … The suicide rate for white women ages 45 to 64 rose 80%”

Up EIGHTY PERCENT. To THREE TIMES THE RATE of everyone else! White women, you know, the phone-addicted ones, the ones stepping off curbs directly into icy canals. And their phone-addicted daughters:

“Researchers also found an alarming increase among girls 10 to 14, whose suicide rate, while still very low, had tripled.”

Please know that I’m not trying to hijack my own thread. It’s beyond upsetting to be talking of such matters. But my wife is addicted to her “Smart” phone, and so is my mom, and so is my sister, and so are my nieces. And I’m publishing this to try to save some people, and am screwing up my courage to print this article out and hand it to them. It’s not comfortable or pleasant being Mr. Downer Man.

But sitting by, saying nothing, and letting something bad happen while I’m seeing it going down would make me complicit, and so this is my fate. I’m jumping down from the wall with my battle axe, directly into the enemy horde, hoping others might follow. But certainly not waiting for anyone else. Because the orcs are behind the wall.

The words “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

That’s why a headline below reads “Experts puzzled by sudden rise in Russia’s mortality rate.” And another describes “America’s Mysterious Rising Death Rate.” Why an article in ‘the thinking housewife’ is entitled “ ‘Puzzling’ Rise in White Suicide.”

The cloud of such meme words surrounding the data that follows is denser than I’ve ever seen it. You can read the rest of them below.

The maternal mortality rate increased 49% in the U.S. in the thirteen years between 1990 and 2013. And, as a subset, it increased by 27% in just four years, from 2000 to 2014. Can you see how the negative change is increasing in speed and magnitude, here?

I reckon you won’t find a living human other than me saying “um, the variable in all these stats is obviously white women’s signature ‘Smart’ phone addiction.” But I reckon you won’t find a living human other than me saying a great number of things. The good news is that I think that’s going to change, and soon, as awareness continues to rise.

You could go with my thesis, or consider these, put forward by the folks in charge of things: “ Global Warming Will Cause Rise in Death Rates ”…“ Crib bumpers blamed for infant death rate increase .”

You’ll need to use your personal discernment, I suppose.

Truth will out over time, as they say.

But the good news, here, is that the hardest part of fixing a problem is realizing that you have one:

“In their seminal article, Redemeier and Tibshirani (1997) reported epidemiological evidence suggesting that: “the relative risk (of being in a traffic accident while using a cell phone) is similar to the hazard associated with driving with a blood alcohol level at the legal limit (p. 456).”

Total accidents, Alcohol, zero. Total accidents, baseline, zero. Total accidents, cell phone, 3.

When participants were intoxicated, neither accident rates, nor reaction times to vehicles braking in front of the participant, nor recovery of lost speed following braking differed significantly from baseline.

When drivers were conversing on a cell phone, they were involved in more rear-end collisions and took longer to recover the speed that they had lost during braking than when they were intoxicated.

Also noteworthy was the fact that the driving impairments associated with hand held and hand’s free cell phone conversations were not significantly different.

Across three studies, 120 participants performed in both baseline and cell phone conditions. Two were involved in an accident in baseline conditions, and 10 were involved in an accident when they were conversing on a cell phone. No accidents were involved in the alcohol sessions .

“Conclusion: when driving conditions and time on task were controlled for, the impairment associated with using a cell phone while driving can be as profound as those associated with driving drunk. These estimates were made by evaluating the cellular records of 699 individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents. It was found that 24% of these individuals were using their cell phone within the ten minute period preceding the accident, and this was associated with a fourfold increase in the likelihood of getting into an accident.

Strayer, Drews, Crouch, from “A Comparison of the Cell Phone and the Drunk Driver”, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2006.

July, 2010 – A new study by researchers at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School has found that women between the ages of 35 and 54 were more likely to die in hospitals following heart attacks than men of a similar age. This finding from a sample of more than 423,000 patients can be seen as surprising , given that women, on average, develop their first acute myocardial infarction about 10 years later than men, and are overall less likely to develop myocardial infarction than are men. The study was published in the July 2010 issue of the American Journal of Cardiology.

March 4, 2013 – Mortality mystery : Female death rates are rising --and it’s not clear why …

November 15, 2013 – One in five women with lung cancer has never smoked, and the diagnosis rate among women is only increasing.

January 7, 2014 – Insomnia Tied to Smartphones : Harvard - Newsmax.com

September 9, 2014 – If you are buying a new iPhone, don’t use it in bed — and not just because nighttime smartphone use messes up your sleep cycle .

The blue light from personal electronic devices has also been linked to serious physical and mental health problems.

The damage that this habit does to our eyes alone is both significant and surprising . Direct exposure to blue light can cause damage to the retina. The American Macular Degeneration Foundation warns that retinal damage caused by blue light may lead to macular degeneration , which causes the loss of central vision — the ability to see what’s in front of you.

1. There may also be a link between cataracts and blue light, though more research is needed . Gigaom cited an eye doctor who says he’s starting to see 35-year-olds with eyes that are as cloudy with cataracts as 75-year-olds. Though a single account can’t prove that blue light exposure causes cataracts — this doctor just thinks there’s a link, which doesn’t count as evidence — the idea is being investigated. Still, studies haven’t concluded anything certain yet.

2. Exposure to blue light at night can ruin sleep. Bright blue light disrupts the brain’s production of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate the sleep cycle. That’s fine in the morning, but our brains are supposed to start producing melatonin when we are ready for sleep, and blue light interferes with that process. That’s why smartphones ruin sleep , and messing with your sleep has a long list of associated health consequences that range from obesity to genetic disruption and memory problems.

3. Sleep disturbance and “light at night” have been linked to higher cancer risk, particularly for breast and prostate cancers. In addition to helping us sleep, melatonin also functions as an antioxidant. And while more research is needed, researchers have pointed to “uninterrupted darkness” as potentially protective against cancer. People whose natural melatonin production is suppressed are at a higher risk for a variety of cancers, though a causal relationship has not been found.

4. Blue light may also take a toll on mental health. Research also shows that people whose melatonin levels are suppressed and whose body clocks are thrown off by light exposure are more prone to depression.

February 2, 2015 - Too much exposure to smartphone screens ruins your sleep , study shows

February 24, 2015 - The answer to the question “How’d you sleep?” has, for most of human history, been “not too well.” Even before the advent of electric light,

March 6, 2015 – The suicide rate for girls and young women in the U.S. continues to rise at a pace far faster than for young males , health officials said Thursday.

The report found that from 2007-2013, the rate for young females went from 2.2 to 3.4 per 100,000. That’s the highest since 1981, when such tracking began .

April 4, 2015 – Other research proposes a correlation between social-media use and increased depression and suicide. A 2012 article in the American Journal of Public Health noted that more people using the internet is positively correlated to a higher general population suicide rate.

(says it’s ‘social media’, but it’s ‘the internet’, period. Connection to it. - ed)

April 25, 2015 – Five months ago, a report made waves with the finding that middle-aged white Americans are dying earlier, and at markedly higher rates — a demographic health reversal only seen in the U.S.

Specifically, this increase in mortality rates was linked to increases in deaths from drugs, alcohol and suicide, especially among whites with less education.

But critics who re-analyzed the numbers and separated men and women found that this increase in death rates only applied to white women, not white men . And a new analysis by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics affirms this view.

April 29, 2015 – Depression kills too many people in India but smartphones can help …

May 10, 2015 - American mothers die in childbirth at twice the rate they did in 2000

July 26, 2015 – Alarming rise in female suicide and self-harm in Australia , new report …

September 14, 2015 - Because of this, smartphone light can disrupt your sleep cycle

October 18, 2015 - Poor sleep? We can’t entirely blame our smartphones for it

October 22, 2015 – The mystery behind Japan’s high suicide rate among kids

As the suicide rate surges among Japanese schoolchildren, no one is able to offer a clear solution to the alarming phenomenon

November 3, 2015 – Allstate doubles pace of rate hikes as costs keep rising … That’s created something of a mystery as to what’s causing the increase in accidents.

November 4, 2015 – “Puzzling” Rise in White Suicide « The Thinking Housewife

February 1, 2016 – His team put the maternal mortality rate increase in the U.S. between 1990 and 2013 at closer to 49 percent

February 16, 2016 – U.K. - England and Wales show a five per cent increase in mortality rates in just one year

"The statistics clearly show that this is the biggest rise we have seen since the 1960s. But this may well turn out to be the greatest rise since the second world war, taking into account the sustained nature of the rise…”

February 17, 2016 – 2015 Brought Biggest Percent Increase in U.S. Traffic Deaths in 50 years

The annual mileage death rate in 2015 was 1.22 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled, up 5 percent from the previous year. Meanwhile, the annual population death rate rose by 7 percent to 11.87 deaths per 100,000 people .

March 9, 2016 – A steep rise in death by suicide among middle-aged Australians and young women has driven the national suicide rate to its highest level in 13 years.

March 24, 2016 – Cincinnati, OH - A strange rise in local infant deaths

April 8, 2016 - As white women between 25 and 55 die at spiking rates , a close look …

(‘ spike ’ hedges, implies it shot up, but will shoot right back down again, forming a ‘spike’ on the graph –ed)

April 16, 2016 – More exposure to vegetation linked with lower mortality rates in women

Boston, MA ─ Women in the U.S. who live in homes surrounded by more vegetation appear to have significantly lower mortality rates than those who live in areas with less vegetation, according to a new study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (BWH). During an eight-year study period, there were fewer deaths among women who lived in the greenest surroundings—their mortality rate was 12% lower than those living in homes in the least green areas .

April 20, 2016 - White Women Suffered Biggest Drop In Life Expectancy In The U.S. …

April 20, 2016 – Life Expectancy Drops For White Women , Increases For Black Men

April 22, 2016 – The suicide rate for middle-aged women , ages 45 to 64, jumped by 63 percent over the period of the study (from 1999 to 2014), while it rose by 43 percent for men in that age range, the sharpest increase for males of any age. The overall suicide rate rose by 24 percent from 1999 to 2014.

Researchers also found an alarming increase among girls 10 to 14 , whose suicide rate, while still very low, had tripled . The number of girls who killed themselves rose to 150 in 2014 from 50 in 1999. “This one certainly jumped out,” said Sally Curtin, a statistician at the center and an author of the report.

Federal health researchers said they chose 1999 as the start of the period they studied because it was a low point in the national suicide rate and they wanted to cover the full period of its recent sustained rise.

Apr 22, 2016 - The overall suicide rate rose by 24 percent from 1999 to 2014, … The suicide rate for white women ages 45 to 64 rose 80%

May 4, 2016 – Ireland – John McManus: the great motor insurance price hike mystery

May 9, 2016 – Why is the U.S. Infant Mortality Rate So High?

May 9, 2016 – Swaddling babies is tied to heightened risk of sudden infant death …

May 23, 2016 - Dramatic 2015 excess mortality in Italy: a 9.1% increase that needs to be explained

The Italian National Institute of Statistics released mortality data for 2015 in February, 2016. These data reported a 9.1% excess mortality compared with 2014.

These data are in line with patterns elsewhere in Europe. These data were poorly covered in the media.

June 1, 2016 - U.S. Death Rate Rises for First Time in a Decade, Reasons Are Unclear

June 1, 2016 – U.S. Death Rate Rises, But Health Officials Aren’t Sure Why - NBC News

June 23, 2016 – Concern over unexpected increase in Scottish mortality rates - The …

June 30, 2016 – While middle-age blacks and Latinos have seen steady declines in their mortality in recent years, whites in the same age group saw their mortality increase about 10% between 1999 and 2014.

July 5, 2016 – Is The Recent Rise In Utah Youth Suicides Really Such A Mystery?

August 15, 2016 – The US maternal death rate has doubled . But why? | Advisory Board …

August 20, 2016 – Maine has gone from having the lowest infant mortality rate in the country to one of the highest over the last 20 years. State health experts said they don’t know why more babies are dying during the first 12 months of their lives.

August 25, 2016 – The maternal mortality rate across most of the US increased by 27 percent from 2000 to 2014

August 26, 2016 – Number of deadly car accidents in Massachusetts rapidly increased

Even though only 3.3 percent more people are on the road, deadly accidents are up 20 percent

AAA president Sandra Marsian told 22News that distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents. “Illegally listening to your iPod player, people texting and driving, people just distracted by other things,” Marsian explained, “ and that can even be just mean having other people in the car; having lively conversations while you’re driving.”

August 31, 2016 – South Africa - Infant mortality has risen to 60 per 1 000 live births, compared to the 1998 figure of 45 per 1,000. (A 33% increase , article won’t print the percentage increase)

September, 2016 - 5 Reasons to Take Your Smart Phone to Bed … - Valley Sleep Center

Having trouble sleeping? Read on and learn about these smart phone apps that do just about everything except brush your teeth and tuck you in

September 7, 2016 – The number of suicide deaths increased 6 percent in Minnesota last year

September 7, 2016 - More new mothers in Texas are dying and experts can’t say why …

Hi Don,
I understand that Jeff is upset please correct his math. 1990 - 2013 is 23 years and 2000 - 2014 is 14 years.
In the line:

M

Thx–I’ll post that correction. I think he’s seeing a legitimate pattern, though. I rather think he’s excited by the discovery more than upset by it, though if we were all more upset about being ruled by parasites and would publicly and often say it, then this corporate cancer will finally be cured, in my opinion. ~D

Divided by category, easier to get one’s head around.

TROUBLE SLEEPING

January 7, 2014 – Insomnia Tied to Smartphones : Harvard - Newsmax.com

September 9, 2014 – If you are buying a new iPhone, don’t use it in bed — and not just because nighttime smartphone use messes up your sleep cycle .

Exposure to blue light at night can ruin sleep. Bright blue light disrupts the brain’s production of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate the sleep cycle. That’s fine in the morning, but our brains are supposed to start producing melatonin when we are ready for sleep, and blue light interferes with that process. That’s why smartphones ruin sleep , and messing with your sleep has a long list of associated health consequences that range from obesity to genetic disruption and memory problems.

February 2, 2015 - Too much exposure to smartphone screens ruins your sleep , study shows

February 24, 2015 - The answer to the question “How’d you sleep?” has, for most of human history, been “not too well.” Even before the advent of electric light…

September 14, 2015 - Because of this, smartphone light can disrupt your sleep cycle

October 18, 2015 - Poor sleep? We can’t entirely blame our smartphones for it

September, 2016 - 5 Reasons to Take Your Smart Phone to Bed … - Valley Sleep Center

Having trouble sleeping? Read on and learn about these smart phone apps that do just about everything except brush your teeth and tuck you in

EYE DAMAGE

September 9, 2014 – The damage that this habit does to our eyes alone is both significant and surprising . Direct exposure to blue light can cause damage to the retina. The American Macular Degeneration Foundation warns that retinal damage caused by blue light may lead to macular degeneration , which causes the loss of central vision — the ability to see what’s in front of you.

There may also be a link between cataracts and blue light, though more research is needed . Gigaom cited an eye doctor who says he’s starting to see 35-year-olds with eyes that are as cloudy with cataracts as 75-year-olds. Though a single account can’t prove that blue light exposure causes cataracts — this doctor just thinks there’s a link, which doesn’t count as evidence — the idea is being investigated. Still, studies haven’t concluded anything certain yet.

CAR ACCIDENT RATES

2006 - “In their seminal article, Redemeier and Tibshirani (1997) reported epidemiological evidence suggesting that: “the relative risk (of being in a traffic accident while using a cell phone) is similar to the hazard associated with driving with a blood alcohol level at the legal limit (p. 456).”

Total accidents, Alcohol, zero. Total accidents, baseline, zero. Total accidents, cell phone, 3.

When participants were intoxicated, neither accident rates, nor reaction times to vehicles braking in front of the participant, nor recovery of lost speed following braking differed significantly from baseline.

When drivers were conversing on a cell phone, they were involved in more rear-end collisions and took longer to recover the speed that they had lost during braking than when they were intoxicated.

Also noteworthy was the fact that the driving impairments associated with hand held and hand’s free cell phone conversations were not significantly different.

Across three studies, 120 participants performed in both baseline and cell phone conditions. Two were involved in an accident in baseline conditions, and 10 were involved in an accident when they were conversing on a cell phone. No accidents were involved in the alcohol sessions .

“Conclusion: when driving conditions and time on task were controlled for, the impairment associated with using a cell phone while driving can be as profound as those associated with driving dru nk. These estimates were made by evaluating the cellular records of 699 individuals involved in motor vehicle accidents. It was found that 24% of these individuals were using their cell phone within the ten minute period preceding the accident, and this was associated with a fourfold increase in the likelihood of getting into an accident.

Strayer, Drews, Crouch, from “A Comparison of the Cell Phone and the Drunk Driver”, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2006.

November 3, 2015 – Allstate doubles pace of rate hikes as costs keep rising … That’s created something of a mystery as to what’s causing the increase in accidents.

February 17, 2016 – 2015 Brought Biggest Percent Increase in U.S. Traffic Deaths in 50 years

The annual mileage death rate in 2015 was 1.22 fatalities per 100 million vehicle miles traveled, up 5 percent from the previous year. Meanwhile, the annual population death rate rose by 7 percent to 11.87 deaths per 100,000 people .

April 6, 2016 – A report released by the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) suggests that pedestrian cell phone use is almost as deadly as texting and driving. The report found a 10% increase in the amount of pedestrian deaths in the first six months of 2015; the largest year to year increase in those types of deaths within the last four decades.

May 4, 2016 – Ireland – John McManus: the great motor insurance price hike mystery

August 26, 2016 – Number of deadly car accidents in Massachusetts rapidly increased

Even though only 3.3 percent more people are on the road, deadly accidents are up 20 percent

AAA president Sandra Marsian told 22News that distracted driving is one of the leading causes of accidents. “Illegally listening to your iPod player, people texting and driving, people just distracted by other things,” Marsian explained, “ and that can even be just mean having other people in the car; having lively conversations while you’re driving.”

TUMORS

Again from the Interphone Study – currently the big daddy of cell phone radiation studies it being the largest and longest study on the link between cell phones and brain tumors – it also found, “tumors were more likely to occur on the side of the head most used for calling ”.

CANCER

Another U.S. study of brain cancer incidence trends in relation to cell phone use in the United States found, “ there was a statistically significant increasing trend between 1992 and 2006 among females but not among males. The recent trend in 20–29-year-old women was driven by a rising incidence of frontal lobe cancers“.

American researchers studied four young women with breast cancer. They found that, “ all patients regularly carried their smartphones directly against their breasts in their brassieres for up to 10 hours a day, for several years, and developed tumors in areas of their breasts immediately underlying the phones“.

Stem Cell Cancer: In a US study on 29 cases of neuroepithelial tumors, cell phone users accounted for 11 of them. These initial results indicated a near tripling in the risk of neuroepithelial tumors through cell phone use . The published results were revised to reflect a doubling of risk and then reported as not ‘statistically significant’.

A recent Israeli study observing that, “the incidence of thyroid cancer has been on the rise in Israel for more than a decade which matches the rise in the use of cellphones ” collected human thyroid cells from healthy patients and subjected them to radiation. The study found, “evidence of changes in thyroid cells in response to electromagnetic radiation”.

“the risk of cancer of the pituitary gland more was more than twice as high among women who used a cell phone for less than five years as compared to never users“.

2013 – Although smoking increases the risk of lung cancer dramatically, 1 in 5 women diagnosed with lung cancer have never smoked, whereas among men who develop lung cancer, only 1 in 12 have never smoked. Of all the types of lung cancer, women are more likely to develop adenocarcinoma, a type of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), which is also the type of lung cancer more commonly found in non-smokers.

It is unclear why non-smoking women are at greater risk for developing lung cancer than non-smoking men.

April 26, 2013 – the last 32 years, brain cancer incidence rates have increased by 23% for men and 25% for women. In 2010, the incidence rate was 8 new cases per 100,000 men and 5 new cases per 100,000 women. This equates to nearly 2,300 newly diagnosed cases in men and just under 1,700 in women. The reasons for the increase in this relatively rare cancer are still under investigation.

November 15, 2013 – One in five women with lung cancer has never smoked , and the diagnosis rate among women is only increasing.

May 14, 2014 - Can’t get off your smartphone? Using your electronic device excessively — 15 hours plus a month — may triple your risk for developing brain cancer.

September 9, 2014 – Sleep disturbance and “light at night” have been linked to higher cancer risk, particularly for breast and prostate cancers. In addition to helping us sleep, melatonin also functions as an antioxidant. And while more research is needed, researchers have pointed to “uninterrupted darkness” as potentially protective against cancer. People whose natural melatonin production is suppressed are at a higher risk for a variety of cancers, though a causal relationship has not been found.

May 27, 2016 – Groups of rats used in the study were exposed to different intensities of radio frequency radiation. Some male specimens were found to exhibit low incidences of two different types of tumors, one in the brain and one in the heart. The more radiation they were exposed to, the more likely, it seemed, they were to develop cancer.

GENETIC DAMAGE

A Belgian study reviewed 16 expert gene monitoring studies from around the world. In 13 of the 16 independent studies performed worldwide it was found that, “RF-exposed individuals have increased frequencies of genetic damage (e.g., chromosomal aberrations)“.

A University of Washington team found DNA single strand breaks from RF radiation exposures on rats in an initial study. A subsequent study found single and double-strand DNA breaks.

MATERNAL MORTALITY

October 2, 2013 – New service uses mobile phones to reduce maternal mortality

May 10, 2015 - American mothers die in childbirth at twice the rate they did in 2000 …

March 24, 2016 – Cincinnati, OH - A strange rise in local infant deaths

February 1, 2016 – Between 1990 and 2013, the maternal mortality rate for women in the U.S. has increased by 136%.

May 9, 2016 – Why is the U.S. Infant Mortality Rate So High?

May 9, 2016 – Swaddling babies is tied to heightened risk of sudden infant death …

August 20, 2016 – Maine has gone from having the lowest infant mortality rate in the country to one of the highest over the last 20 years. State health experts said they don’t know why more babies are dying during the first 12 months of their lives.

August 25, 2016 – The maternal mortality rate across most of the US increased by 27 percent from 2000 to 2014

August 31, 2016 – South Africa - Infant mortality has risen to 60 per 1 000 live births, compared to the 1998 figure of 45 per 1,000.

(A 33% increase in 18 years, article won’t print the percentage increase - ed)

MORTALITY

July, 2010 – A new study by researchers at UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School has found that women between the ages of 35 and 54 were more likely to die in hospitals following heart attacks than men of a similar age. This finding from a sample of more than 423,000 patients can be seen as surprising , given that women, on average, develop their first acute myocardial infarction about 10 years later than men, and are overall less likely to develop myocardial infarction than are men. The study was published in the July 2010 issue of the American Journal of Cardiology.

April 25, 2015 – Five months ago, a report made waves with the finding that middle-aged white Americans are dying earlier, and at markedly higher rates — a demographic health reversal only seen in the U.S.

But critics who re-analyzed the numbers and separated men and women found that this increase in death rates only applied to white women , not white men. And a new analysis by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics affirms this view.

January 8, 2016 – Death Rates Rise for Young White Americans Too

It’s not just midlife whites - mortality rates for whites ages 25 to 34 are also increasing

U.S. mortality rates have been steadily declining and life expectancies increasing for well more than a century. So the discovery that white midlife mortality rates in the U.S. have been rising since the beginning of the 21st century is startling.

The mortality rate for the cohort of non-Hispanic white Americans between the ages of 25 and 34 has risen from 90 per 100,000 in 2000 to 115 per 100,000 in 2014. This is a reversal of the trend for that group, which saw its mortality rate fall from 118 per 100,000 in 1980 to 90 per 100,000 in 2000. The mortality rate for the in-between cohort spanning the ages of 35 to 44 dropped from 197 per 100,000 in 1980 to 181 per 100,000 in 2000 and has been essentially flat since then.

(a 28% increase in mortality in 14 years. They made me do the math.)

February 16, 2016 – U.K. - England and Wales show a five per cent increase in mortality rates in just one year

"The statistics clearly show that this is the biggest rise we have seen since the 1960s. But this may well turn out to be the greatest rise since the second world war, taking into account the sustained nature of the rise…”

(The last two articles show simultaneous statistically significant increases in female suicides and overall mortality in the U.K. in 2015. – ed)

(‘ spike ’ hedges, implies it shot up, but will shoot right back down again, forming a ‘spike’ on the graph –ed)

May 23, 2016 - Dramatic 2015 excess mortality in Italy: a 9.1% increase that needs to be explained

The Italian National Institute of Statistics released mortality data for 2015 in February, 2016. These data reported a 9.1% excess mortality compared with 2014.

These data are in line with patterns elsewhere in Europe. These data were poorly covered in the media.

June 23, 2016 – Concern over unexpected increase in Scottish mortality rates

SUICIDE

Shah showed that the prevalence of Internet users was positively correlated with general population suicide rates. Multiple regression analysis indicated that the prevalence of Internet use was independently associated with general population suicide rates in men (P = .001) and approached statistical significance for women (P = .074). Hagihara et al.13 conducted a time-series analysis with data from 1987 to 2005 and reported a statistically reliable positive correlation between general population male suicide rates in Japan and the prevalence of households using the Internet (P < .05).

June 2, 2012 – Suicide Rate Increase For Youth: Young Canadian Females At Risk

The suicide rate for Canadian girls aged 10 to 19 has risen over the last few decades, but decreased for boys of the same age , a study has found.

Suicide rates for girls aged 10 to 14 rose to 0.9 per 100,000 in 2008 from 0.6 per 100,000 in 1980. Rates for female teens aged 15 to 19 went up to 6.2 per 100,000 increased from 3.7 per 100,000 during the same period.

(The suicide rate for Canadian girls aged 10 to 19 increased 68% increase in 30 years – ed)

October 1, 2012 – Using Cell Phones After Lights Out May Put Teens at Risk for Depression, Suicide

The study, from Japanese researchers, examined 18,000 young people in junior and senior high school in Japan. They found that teenagers who used their cell phones after going to bed were more likely to suffer from poor mental health and depression.

September 9, 2014 – Blue light may also take a toll on mental health. Research also shows that people whose melatonin levels are suppressed and whose body clocks are thrown off by light exposure are more prone to depression.

April 4, 2015 – Other research proposes a correlation between social-media use and increased depression and suicide. A 2012 article in the American Journal of Public Health noted that more people using the internet is positively correlated to a higher general population suicide rate.

(The article leads the witness, says it’s ‘social media’, but it’s ‘the internet’, period. Simply the Connection to it. - ed)

April 29, 2015 – Depression kills too many people in India but smartphones can help

July 26, 2015 – Alarming rise in female suicide and self-harm in Australia, new report …

October 22, 2015 – The mystery behind Japan’s high suicide rate among kids

As the suicide rate surges among Japanese schoolchildren, no one is able to offer a clear solution to the alarming phenomenon.

November 4, 2015 – “Puzzling” Rise in White Suicide « The Thinking Housewife

February 4, 2016 – In 2015, the male suicide rate in the UK decreased in 2014 from 17.8 to 16.8 deaths per 100,000 population; while the female suicide rate increased from 4.8 to 5.2 deaths per 100,000 population.

(Female suicide rate up 8% in one year, while male suicides decreased. They made me do the math.)

February 24, 2016 – SUICIDE rates among women in England have risen to their highest rate since 2005, and experts are frantically trying to understand why.

April 22, 2016 – US Suicide Rate Rising Precipitiously , Especially Among Women - Time

April 22, 2016 – The suicide rate for middle-aged women , ages 45 to 64, jumped by 63 percent over the period of the study (from 1999 to 2014), while it rose by 43 percent for men in that age range, the sharpest increase for males of any age. The overall suicide rate rose by 24 percent from 1999 to 2014.

Researchers also found an alarming increase among girls 10 to 14, whose suicide rate, while still very low, had tripled . The number of girls who killed themselves rose to 150 in 2014 from 50 in 1999. “This one certainly jumped out,” said Sally Curtin, a statistician at the center and an author of the report.

Apr 22, 2016 - The overall suicide rate rose by 24 percent from 1999 to 2014, … The suicide rate for white women ages 45 to 64 rose 80%

July 5, 2016 – Is The Recent Rise In Utah Youth Suicides Really Such A Mystery?

Apologies for the math error. My being upset or not doesn’t map against my math skills, which are well-acknowledged as poor. However one may simply strike those sentences and the preponderance of the evidence remains.

I don’t think “upset” quite captures it. Pointedly concerned and quite vocal, perhaps.

It’s beyond cheering that this very negative dataset sits within a much larger body of astoundingly positive etheric, energetic, societal good news. Which I tirelessly focus upon. However, I felt compelled that my axe would be helpful down here behind the wall.

I’m sure this has got a lot of people freaking out in secret meeting rooms, it’s hard-hitting journalism. Yes, Don, striking the very root!

I’ll go back to talking about freeing Willie, now.

Oops–I posted the Free Willie report in the Positive Changes thread yesterday, sorry! I love the stark contrast that Jeff has been providing between rising gov’t/corporate crime rates and dropping civilian crime rates ![Wink]
Whaaa? Now able to past into Hotmail again! Funny.

Here’s a money quote from the feel-good story of the day, below, entitled “The figures don’t lie: Smartphones hurt kids’ grades”:

“Ryuta Kawashima, professor at the Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer at Tohoku University: ‘It’s no exaggeration to say that kids today are being controlled by smartphones, and becoming enslaved by them’.”

Enslaved , wow, that’s a strong word! That’s “Dorei ni shimasu” in Japanese.

“We were shocked to see that the study concluded that longer usage of smart phones or cell phones caused grades to decline, irrespective of the amount of time devoted to study,”

Say “ Sayonara ” to the plausible-deniability excuse “they were distracted ”, that feeble meme ejected from the debate by “irrespective of the amount of time devoted to study.”

From my perspective, distraction doesn’t lead one to walk directly off a curb into an icy canal, or drive worse than if one were drunk, or give one a three hundred percent greater desire to end one’s life. Those things are the province of something with much deeper impact than distraction :

“Based on laboratory experiments with monkeys and mice, Kawashima won’t rule out the possibility that the lower academic performance may be organic—indicative of the smartphones’ effects on their users’ brains.”

It’s possible to at one time rationalize an ultimately-harmful behavior, and then later wise up, change one’s ways. In the “Mad Men” era, people thought it was normal to drink three Martini’s at lunch, and then continue on at the office. I enjoy Martini’s, but two, in an evening, is stretching it. Three, at lunch? Oh, and they smoked like chimneys – in the office! – as they drank those Martini’s.

And that’s what’s happening, right now:

Flip phone sales increased 7.6% in the U.S. last year. Smart phone sales fell six percent just in the last quarter of 2015. There was a five percent decline in Smart phone shipments to China in the first quarter of 2016. Smart Phone sales in India dropped 8.2% in the first three months of 2016.

Lot of chopped up data, there! They chop it up as best they can when they want to obfuscate trends. Trends like “annualized, those are 20 to 30 percent drops in “Smart” phone sales, and a 20 to 30% increase in Flip Phone sales, in just one year.” That’s a one year, 40-60% point swing away from the “Smart” phone, to the Flip phone.

Mark my words, clutching and bowing to the glowing enslavement device will soon be seen in the same way we now see the Three Martini Lunch, chain smoking in one’s office, or the Borg earpiece.

Because great, epochal positive changes are taking place at every level of our reality. And when the school of fish, the flock of birds turns, they do so apparently as one:

“It’s not just Jason Bourne or Walter White using the disposable (or durable) devices. Celebrities who want to unplug — and many who have already been hacked — are big fans of the “retro” device. Rihanna, Scarlett Johansson, and Iggy Pop have all been spotted clutching clamshells — and the fashion world almost self-imploded when Anna Wintour nonchalantly flipped open an old-school phone at the 2014 U.S. Open.”

November 6, 2015 – Tokyo, Japan - The figures don’t lie: Smartphones hurt kids’ grades

“If rapid measures aren’t taken, we may be in for serious problems,” frets Ryuta Kawashima, professor at the Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer at Tohoku University. “It’s no exaggeration to say that kids today are being controlled by smartphones, and becoming enslaved by them .”

Writing in Shukan Shincho (Nov 5), Shin Shiraishi has assembled a gathering storm of evidence to show that use of smartphones is not conducive to the development of young minds.

Children have become so dependent on their mobile devices for communicating that Masashi Yasukawa, director of the Web Counseling Association, believes that if things are allowed to continue as is, “the day will come when, as adults, they’ll attend a class reunion, and nobody will talk to anyone.”

That’s if they manage to graduate, because smartphone use—by cutting into both their daily activities and sleep time—is having a major impact on academic performance.

In August 2013, tests given by a research group at Rikkyo University found major discrepancies in test performance. The longer the time spent using smartphones, the lower the scores . In another survey of middle school student usage of the Internet, email and SNS by the Yokohama City board of education found, after cross tabulation was conducted, that students who said they use their smartphone for less than 30 minutes per day averaged a score of 60.7%, while students who said they use their smartphones for four or more hours a day had a considerably lower average score of 43.6%.

In a joint project undertaken by Tohoku University and the Sendai board of education, data was collected from some 17,000 students at 124 primary schools and 25,000 students at 63 middle schools.

“We were shocked to see that the study concluded that longer usage of smart phones or cell phones caused grades to decline, irrespective of the amount of time devoted to study ,” Prof Kawashima was quoted as saying.

When students from the same classes were compared, those who utilized their cell phones for one hour or less per day scored an average of over 65 points on a test. Those who used their smartphones for four hours or more per day scored less than 55 points.

Among students who studied more than two hours per day, but who used their smartphones less than one hour per day, the scores averaged over 70 points. But among students who studied for the same duration, but who used their cell phones two to three hours per day, the averages score was more than 10 points lower. Moreover the same trend was apparent whatever the subject —Japanese language, science, social science or English.

Based on laboratory experiments with monkeys and mice, Kawashima won’t rule out the possibility that the lower academic performance may be organic—indicative of the smartphones’ effects on their users’ brains.

“There was once a time when even I myself was hooked on computer games, like ‘The Ambition of Nobunaga,’ so I can understand how kids get so attached to their smartphones,” recalls Toshimasa Ota, a journalist who specializes in child rearing and education. “But I had to stop and ask myself, ‘What the hell am I doing?’

“So for my kids, I have set some rules, like using filtering on the web browser. And also they have to tell me before I let them buy applications. What’s more, I obliged them to promise that they’d leave the phones to recharge in the living room, and not take them into their own rooms.”

“Even then, I think parents should give some thought to whether or not their kids really need a smartphone,” says Tohoku University’s Kawashima. “When I had a chance to meet children in Miyagi Prefecture, I asked the about whether they felt a smartphone was a necessity,” said Kawashima. “After the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, many areas had no cell phone coverage for about one month. At that time compared with now, not that many families and friends were able to communicate using the LINE application.

“When I asked children about this though, in so many words, they said things didn’t happen that way. It’s more like they’ve just become so used to communications by sending each other text or pictures via their smartphones, they feel it’s a necessity for their daily lives.

“But maybe now’s the time to reconsider whether smartphones are really a necessity or not.”

January 28, 2016 – Samsung profits hit by falling smartphone sales | IT PRO

Feb 16, 2015 - Japanese shipments of traditional flip-phones rose in 2014 for the first time in seven years while smartphone shipments fell.

March 2, 2016 - U.S. saw 6% overall drop in smartphone sales last quarter, research …

April 28, 2016 – Global smartphone sales fall for first time

Global smartphone shipments fell for the first time as “iPhone fatigue” dragged down sales for Apple’s once-unstoppable franchise amid a general weakening in the market for new devices.

After close to a decade of stellar growth, analysts say a tipping point in the smartphone market has been reached as most people already have a phone, phablet or tablet device.

Apr 28, 2016 - The global smartphone market has shrunk for the first time ever, as consumers spending slows

April 29, 2016 – Smartphone shipments in China plunged in the first quarter, falling more than the global market, a new report shows, a stat that could worry the world’s biggest phone makers including Apple and Huawei.

Vendors shipped 104.9 million units to China in the first quarter of 2016, a five percent year-over-year decline from the 109.8 million recorded in the same period last year, according to research firm Strategy Analytics. The fall outstrips the global smartphone market which fell 3 percent.

May 8, 2016 – iPhone Sales Are Down. Are We Flipping for ‘Dumb’ Phones Instead?

Whether you call them flip phones, feature phones, burners, or Mom phones, America bought 24 million “dumb” phones last year, an increase of 1.7 million from 2014 , according to a recent study by research firm IDC.

As Apple reports a decline in iPhone sales for the first time ever, are “unplugged” phones poised for a comeback?

It’s not just Jason Bourne or Walter White using the disposable (or durable) devices. Celebrities who want to unplug — and many who have already been hacked — are big fans of the “retro” device. Rihanna, Scarlett Johansson, and Iggy Pop have all been spotted clutching clamshells — and the fashion world almost self-imploded when Anna Wintour nonchalantly flipped open an old-school phone at the 2014 U.S. Open.

May 28, 2016 – Smartphone sales drop, users await affordable options - The …

May 28, 2016 – Smartphone sales drop in India - Times of India

Smartphone sales fell 8.2% sequentially in the January-March period

June 3, 2016 – Analyst house IDC has almost halved its forecast for worldwide sales of smartphones, and predicts that sales in Canada and Japan will actually fall this year. IDC had predicted 2016 would see smartphone sales rise by 5.7 per cent worldwide , but has now cut it to 3.1 per cent.

June 7, 2016 –Analyst Gartner is expecting a big drop in smartphone sales growth

August 31, 2016 – First Click: Isn’t it time to drop the ‘smart’ from smartphone? | The Verge

For the “Female Death Rate” thread

The time has come for someone to put their foot down. And that foot is me .”

Dean Vernon Wormer, Faber College

Essay: The maternal death rate in the U.S. up 26% from 2000 to 2014. What is driving that increase?

Bonus: As a subset, the maternal death rate in the U.S. increased 21% from 2005 to 2013. Why is most of the total 26% increase in the maternal death rate in the U.S. from 2000 to 2014 taking place later in that 14 year period?

Begin.

We’ve demonstrated above that the maternal death rate in the U.S. is increasing in speed and magnitude. Well, why is that the case when maternal deaths worldwide dropped 44% between 1990 and 2015? What’s making maternal death rates continue to worsen here, uniquely, in the Greatest Country the World Has Ever Known?

[American women aren’t more addicted to cellphones than women of other countries, right? ~D]

Why is the maternal death rate in the United States triple that of Canada, which is just north of us over a dotted-line, made up border?

Let’s ask the folks in charge: “ There’s no smoking gun here ,” Farida Ahmad, mortality surveillance lead at the National Center for Health Statistics at the CDC, told the Washington Post. “ It’s something that we’re going to be looking into, and watching to see if it holds for 2016. It could be that it’s just a blip as it was 10 years ago.

I thank the Feds’ “ mortality surveillance lead ” (actual job title!) for nothing except clearly demonstrating one of my core theses, “the folks in charge are not your friends”, with crystal clarity.

And, having deputized myself as the private sector’s “mortality surveillance lead” I’m asking, further, what drove a 400-percent jump in opioid overdose deaths among middle-aged white women in the U.S. from 1999 to 2014?

[That’s not a blip, of course. Cool ~D]

I’m asking, why did 2015 bring the biggest percent increase in U.S. traffic deaths in 50 years?

You may have noticed there’s a new sheriff in town.

There’s something awfully illin’, awfully, well, DEADLY about the U.S., non ? What could it possibly be?

“White deaths increase: drugs, alcohol, suicide, but in US only. Why?”

U.S. only. What’s going on in our physical environment that’s more extreme here than anywhere else?

What are women doing here in this country moreso than anywhere else on the globe? What are they eating, drinking, moreso than anyone else on the globe? What medications are they consuming? What Media are they consuming? What are the differences?

Maternal mortality in the U.S. was relatively flat in the 1980s and 1990s, and the increases began around 2000. While 157 of 183 countries studied had decreases in maternal mortality between 2000 and 2013.

What happened in the U.S. around the year 2000? 2000 would be right around when the literal forest of infrastructure that many still mistakenly presume only carries phone traffic sprang up literally overnight.

Any tiny amount of scientific attention and rigor would solve these baffling, puzzling questions pretty quickly, if any honest hens could be found among the multitudinous foxes in the scientific henhouse to provide them.

Mortality rates are increasing all over the globe: “England and Wales show a five per cent increase in mortality rates in just one year. Advisors to Public Health England (PHE) warned of a " strong and flashing" warning light , and said trends over the last four years suggest the rise in deaths may now be the highest since World War Two.”

But I suggest that it’s in that “U.S. only” mortality data, and, narrower still, “females”, and, narrower still, “white females” data that the great lever can be inserted, and pulled.

The grinning, nattily-dressed, two-faced, sociopathic folks on the debate podiums aren’t ever going to talk about this subject. The tenured heads of departments at Universities aren’t ever going to talk about it. The Scientists at the pinnacles of their fields aren’t going to ever talk about it. The reporters and newscasters on aren’t ever going to talk about it.

[The oldest profession in the world is said to be prostitution but intellectual prostitution might be the fastest growing one as the corporate order reaches toward its exposure and demise; the parasite has failed to destroy its host. ~D]

But I think the good news is that “baffled”, “puzzled”, “no smoking gun” tap-dancing, ad nauseum, is going to hold the mob back from recognizing the “strong and flashing warning light” for only so long.

People have already figured out, en masse , that Diet Soda is terribly, horribly bad for you, and, most ironically of all, makes you fatter. People have figured it out, exactly, despite a globally-united front of politicians, academicians, scientists and public relations shills all conspiring, tirelessly, in every language, to assure them of the opposite. The public is simply not buying that shit . November, 2015: “ U.S. retail sales of diet soda remain in freefall .”

And, despite historically-unprecedented passivity, the mob still knows very well how to light a fire under a tar pot, how to rip open a pillow to get at the feathers.

We’re gonna get past this like we’re getting past weaponized foods and beverages – through rising awareness and personal discernment.

Spread the word, won’t you? And pour and gift, pour and gift, to quote Gare here on the forum.

Jeff Miller, September 27, 2016

May 27, 2015 – Sudden rise in Russia’s mortality rate puzzling | Russia & India Report

November 6, 2015 – White deaths increase: drugs, alcohol, suicide, but in US only . Why?

December 3, 2015 – As state’s child death rate rises, health officials focus on safe sleeping techniques

According to the study, 82 babies in the state died unexpectedly in sleep-related deaths in 2014, an increase from 74 deaths in 2013.

(That’s an 11% increase in infant mortality in just one year. I know because I did the math, after the hedging author refused to do so, as it would have increased the impact of the statement. -ed)

February 7, 2016 – 2015 brought biggest percent increase in U.S. traffic deaths in 50 years

[Carol and I have had success lowering traffic death rates on specific stretches of highway over the years by tossing towerbusters every quarter to half mile along those stretches. If this will become a trend we can all probably influence those statistics in a positive way. You may notice that more traffic deaths occur on certain sections of certain roads and even just intersections in your area and this typically has nothing to do with physical features or bad civil engineering. Try our method! We’re about to do this in Spokane, Washington along a couple of miles of US Interstate Highway 90. Carol feels sure that this death-trap setup is intentional and that the fatalities are a modern form of ritual sacrifice. ~Don]

February 16, 2016 – England and Wales show a five per cent increase in mortality rates in just one year

Advisors to Public Health England (PHE) warned of a “strong and flashing” warning light , and said trends over the last four years suggest the rise in deaths may now be the highest since World War Two.

June 1, 2016 – There’s no smoking gun here ,” Farida Ahmad, mortality surveillance lead at the National Center for Health Statistics at the CDC, told the Washington Post. “It’s something that we’re going to be looking into, and watching to see if it holds for 2016. It could be that it’s just a blip as it was 10 years ago.”

Recent research revealed the sharp increase of deaths among white, less-educated Americans since 1999, while death rates among blacks and Hispanics over a similar time period fell overall.

[Less educated people (especially europoids, I think) are generally easier targets for mind control; educated people have to be conned more subtly and more effort is required, hence the costly Gaia and Global Warming scams. Education doesn’t impart rationality any more, by the way–those two scams make it pretty obvious. ~Don

June 3, 2016 - America’s Mysterious Rising Death Rate

August 8., 2016 – Maternal Mortality Rates on the Rise in Most US States

Although much of the reported increase in maternal mortality rates from 2000 to 2014 “was the result of improved ascertainment of maternal deaths,” the authors write, combined data for 48 states and the District of Columbia showed a 26.6% increase in the estimated maternal mortality rate , from 18.8 in 2000 to 23.8 in 2014. “Clearly at a time when the World Health Organization reports that 157 of 183 countries studied had decreases in maternal mortality between 2000 and 2013, the U.S. maternal mortality rate is moving in the wrong direction,” they state.

September 15, 2016 – Maternal deaths worldwide drop by half , yet shocking disparities remain

The number of women dying from causes related to pregnancy and childbirth has almost halved since 1990, a global report has revealed.

Worldwide the annual number of maternal deaths per 100,000 live births fell by 44% between 1990 and 2015, from approximately 385 to 216.

September 7, 2016 – The report found a 400-percent jump in opioid overdose deaths among middle-aged white women from 1999 to 2014.

September 21, 2016 - WASHINGTON — One of the biggest worldwide public health triumphs in recent years has been maternal mortality. Global death rates fell by more than a third from 2000 to 2015. The United States, however, is one of the few countries in the world that have gone against the grain , new data show. Its maternal mortality rate has risen despite improvements in health care and an overwhelming global trend in the other direction.

There were 28 maternal deaths — defined as deaths due to complications from pregnancy or childbirth — per 100,000 births in the United States in 2013, up from 23 in 2005, the institute found.

(That’s an increase of 21%. They hedged by not stating the percentage in the article, as that would be more impactful. I had to do the math – ed).

The rate in 2013, the most recent year for which the institute had detailed data for the United States, was more than triple Canada’s. The institute is projecting that the American rate dipped in the last two years to 25 by 2015.

In all, the American rate was up by more than half since 1990 , according to the institute, which uses many data sources, including countries’ vital records systems, to calculate hundreds of health measures.

The findings are part of a gathering body of evidence on the dismal numbers for maternal mortality among American women and how they keep getting worse . This summer, a group of researchers published an analysis that found that the maternal mortality rate had increased by 27 percent for 48 states and the District of Columbia from 2000 to 2014. In Texas, analyzed separately, it had nearly doubled.

Maternal mortality was relatively flat in the 1980s and 1990s, and most experts agree that the increases began around 2000.

The world today has 6.8 billion people … that’s headed up to about 9 billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent .”

Bill Gates

“1.Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

2.Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.

10.Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.”

The Georgia Guidestones

[According to what Carol and I read on those stones in April, 2001, the population of the earth was supposed to have been reduced to half a billion before the year 2,000, which was also the deadline for all the other hideous goals outlined on the stones. This dramatially shows how far off the parasitic corporate order has been from their target (genocide and the reduction of humanity to primitive feudalism) since long before 2,000. ~D]

March 14, 2012 – Why Declining Birthrates Are Good for the Planet | TIME.com

As you can see from the quotes above, the folks in charge are quite open about what they’re into, what they’re after. In Bill Gates’ mind, his suggestions are “ guiding reproduction wisely .” Sorry, but six-plus-billion of you “ useless eaters ” must go - to use Henry Kissinger’s truthful, heartfelt phrase.

[If I’m not mistaken, ‘usless eaters,’ is a term introduced by Nazi propagandists after Hitler’s ‘election.’ The close parallels between Nazism and Zionism are as blatant as Mussolini’s teachings being plagiarisms of Marx’s (Karl; not Groucho). ~D]

Fertility rates have been dropping steadily across the globe since around 1960. If you look into the subject, you’ll find that the reasons put forth by the folks in charge for this trend are all behavioral, sociological, economic. None will suggest or point to an environmental driver.

Wait, I’m sorry, I’m not being even handed. In that I’ve included news accounts below that suggest that, variously, detergents, cable TV access, Brazilian soap operas and women getting better educated may all play a role.

And soap operas and cable TV consumption both involve hooking one’s brain up to a Death energy delivery system euphemistically known as “television”, so those certainly deserve greater scrutiny. The latter is a data point alongside “suicide rates increasing with internet use.”

The words “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

That’s why an article below reads “ the teenage birth rate has hit a 70-year low—and scientists are baffled as to why .” And why another speaks of “ The mystery of the falling teen birth rate .”

One of those variants is “ struggle ”. That’s why an article below reads “ Men’s sperm production is decreasing rapidly and the scientific community is struggling to find an explanation, writes Dr Phil Hammond .”

Another of those variants is “unexpected”. “ US Fertility Rate Unexpectedly Drops To Lowest On Record

This thread is about trends…Death-related trends. The cloud of programming surrounding the subject is quite dense, so I’m going to continue to gather data and watch the thread - and the discourse on the subject - build and clarify over time.

September 10, 2009 – Brazil’s soap operas linked to dramatic drop in birth rates - CNN.com

December 22, 2010 – A newly released report shows the teenage birth rate has hit a 70-year low—and scientists are baffled as to why

March 14, 2012 – Why Declining Birthrates Are Good for the Planet | TIME.com

March 17, 2014 – Why are men’s sperm rates falling?

Men’s sperm production is decreasing rapidly and the scientific community is struggling to find an explanation , writes Dr Phil Hammond

Nobody’s quite sure what’s behind the general drop-off. It could be diet, environment, or girl power. The trouble with science is not just that there often isn’t a single answer

There does at least appear to be some circumstantial evidence to support what’s known as ‘the oestrogen hypothesis’. This holds that some of the 5,000 or so chemicals that inhabit our food, fertilizers and industrial cleaners are not dissimilar to the female sex hormone oestrogen - only they hang round a lot longer and at levels up to a thousand times higher than normal. This may have adverse effects on oestrogen-sensitive areas of the body (the reproductive tracts, breast, womb and possibly the developing foetus), which may possibly contribute to infertility and testicular cancer in men, breast and womb cancer in women and fetal abnormalities.

The theory originates from 1980, when thousands of gallons of DDT were accidentally spilt into a wildlife haven, Lake Apopka, near Orlando, Florida. In the following four years, the death rate for alligator eggs rose from 57 to 96pc and the males became sterile with shrunken, useless penises and very low testosterone levels. Was DDT to blame? We might never know.

June 8, 2014 – Here’s an article from the Washington Examiner (as linked to by Drudge): “Women are having fewer kids, and demographers don’t know why.”

The bottom line: the fertility rate has been dropping dramatically in the years since 2007 , from 2.1 to a current 1.86, and demographers are struggling to understand “why the decline in fertility has persisted even as the worst effects of the labor market have abated.”

August 20, 2014 - For five years now, America’s teen birth rate has plummeted at an unprecedented rate , falling faster and faster. No one can figure out why.

November 2, 2015 – Educated women the cause for birth rate drop in China

December 26, 2015 – The US teen birth rate dropped 61 percent since 1991 - AOL News

June 10, 2016 – Baby Bust: US Fertility Rate Unexpectedly Drops To Lowest On Record

Aug 9, 2016 - Fertility rates in America — the number of babies born per 1,000 women ages 15 to 44 — are at the lowest levels ever recorded

August 20, 2016 – The mystery of the falling teen birth rate – Vox

December 10, 2016 – Why aren’t there more babies? Cable TV access reduces fertility rates

“Doublethink is the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.”

George Orwell, from “ 1984

December 31, 2015 – Study: Driverless cars have an accident rate that is twice as high as human-driven cars

October 1, 2016 – Driverless cars could reduce traffic fatalities by up to 90% , says report …

Essay: Explain in detail how, if Car A has an accident rate twice that of Car B, universal use of Car A would reduce traffic fatalities involving cars A by 90% versus those occurring if universally using cars B.

“Driverless cars will proactively run into traditional cars at non-fatality-inducing speeds to cut off drivers of traditional vehicles ability to retaliate with deadly force” is not an acceptable answer.

The words “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Research establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

That’s why an article below “ Mystery over sudden rise in national death rates … there have been 23,400 more deaths than usual in England and Wales, a 5 per cent increase that is baffling public health chiefs.”

It’s pretty great when they use multiple memes in succession like that.

The folks in charge are not your friends, and are lying to you about basically everything, as you can see below in the story below headlined “ US maternal mortality rates higher than reported, study finds .” After a lot of tap dancing and smoke blowing we get down to the truth that “the U.S. has not published an official maternal mortality rate since 2007.”

That’s “ almost a decade ”, for those keeping track. Hey, wait, I thought the folks in charge were supposed to be keeping track?

There were 2,596,993 deaths in the U.S. in 2013, and there were 2,630,186 deaths in the United States in 2014. That’s a 1.13% increase in mortality, for an extra 33,193 deaths, in just one year.

In 2015, the death rate jumped to nearly 730 deaths per 100,000 Americans, up from about 723 deaths per 100,000 people in 2014. That adds up to a .96 percent increase.

If you increase the 2,630,186 deaths in the U.S. in 2014 by .96%, that’s an increase of 25,250 more deaths in 2015 than in 2014.

So that’s 58,442 more deaths in the U.S. in just two years, more than would have taken place had something not been happening, something mysterious, something baffling, something puzzling, something that the U.S. government took care not to bring attention to for a period of almost a decade.

Oh, by the way, please notice that, in the U.K., women lead men by 2% in terms of increase in rate of morality increase. Preciousss.

There were 282,000 allied military deaths in the Vietnam war (1965-1974). People in the U.S. rioted in the streets with outrage over that issue, and yet, whatever it is, it is killing U.S. citizens at a rate that exceeds that of a live ammunition war, and the public is generally watching “Dancing with the Stars”, or going on Zombie Mud Runs.

But to put this all in context, you can hop over to my “Positive Changes That Are Occurring” thread on this forum to get a load of the great, epochal positive changes underway in our world at this time – changes that I’ve theorized are driven by the steady diminution of Death energy and the steady increase of Life energy, Positive Orgone Radiation, Chi, Prana, et al in the larger environment.

So the game is turning. It will be signal to see what happens to all these stats in next year. If they all start to drop again, we’ll know we’ve turned the corner. If the maternal mortality, infant mortality, overall mortality, automotive fatality rates all continue to increase, while animal populations continue to recover and burgeon, the cross hairs will pull in on just what it might be that the humans, particularly, are doing – pulling in on just what the variables are between the humans and the animals who are all living within the same larger etheric environment.

[Jeff is still the only person tracking this in a public way at the moment. ~D]

Now, salmon and waterfowl don’t tend to live right on top of “cell phone” towers, as we do. Nor do they generally ingest Death-energy-synergizing weaponized foods and ‘medicines’ at the level that we humans generally do.

But I think my “Smart phone as purpose-built Death energy intensification and delivery mechanism” thesis would increase in strength if human mortality rates continue to increase while crop and animal vitality and fecundity continue to increase, as they have for the last two or three years. We shall see! Either way, we’re close to the end of this game.

Because, if the mortality rates all increase again, people are eventually going to figure out what’s going on.

You know, maybe THIS is what’s going to finally wake the populace up. A direct threat, to THEMSELVES.

2013: United States, number of deaths: 2,596,993. Death rate: 821.5 deaths per 100,000 population. (1.16% increase – ed)

July 25, 2013 – Mystery over sudden rise in national death rates … there have been 23,400 more deaths than usual in England and Wales, a 5 per cent increase that is baffling public health chiefs.

2014 – Number of Deaths, United States, 2014: 2,626,418

2014: United Kingdom There were 529,655 deaths registered in England and Wales in 2015, an increase of 5.6 % compared with 2014.

Age-standardised mortality rates (ASMRs) increased in 2015 by 5.1% for females and 3.1% for males; a change to the general decrease in rates in recent years.

2015: The death rate rose to 729.5 deaths per 100,000 people in 2015, up from 723.2 in 2014, according to the National Center for Health Statistics. (A .96% increase – ed)

Death rates — measured as the number of deaths per 100,000 people — have been declining for years, an effect of improvements in health, disease management and medical technology.

While recent research has documented sharp rises in death rates among certain groups — in particular less educated whites, who have been hardest hit by the prescription drug epidemic — increases for the entire population are relatively rare.

Federal researchers cautioned that it was too early to tell whether the rising mortality among whites had pushed up the overall national death rate.

December 18, 2015 – Oregon traffic deaths top 400, up 20 percent in 2015 | OregonLive.com

December 31, 2015 – Study: Driverless cars have an accident rate that is twice as high as human-driven cars

February 17, 2016 – 2015 brought biggest percent increase in US traffic deaths in 50 years

June 1, 2016 – Reversing long-term trend, death rate for Americans ticks upward

June 1, 2016 – First Rise in U.S. Death Rate in Years Surprises Experts

June 2, 2016 – Unraveling the Mystery of Sudden Unexpected Infant Death

July 6, 2016 – the U.S. had the worst rate of crash deaths in 2013 per 100,000 people when compared with 19 other high-income countries,

July 13, 2016 – NHTSA: U.S. Car Accident Deaths Up 8 Percent in 2015 — Boston Car …

August 10, 2016 – US maternal mortality rates higher than reported , study finds …

the estimated maternal mortality rate for 48 US states and the District of Columbia actually increased by 26.6 percent from 2000 to 2014, according to a new study.

The study found that earlier estimates significantly underreported maternal deaths, largely because of delays in some states’ adoption of a ‘pregnancy question’ on standard death certificates. Because of those delays and resulting discrepancies, the U.S. has not published an official maternal mortality rate since 2007 , the researchers said.

The current estimated U.S. rate is comparable to that of Iran and Ukraine, they said. And among 31 industrialized countries, only Mexico has a poorer rate.

August 19, 2016 - Texas Sees " Unusual" Spike in Pregnancy-Related Deaths, Study …

(‘ Spike ’ implies it shot up, but will shoot right back down again, forming a ‘spike’ on the graph.

August 26, 2016 – Preliminary estimates from the National Safety Council (NSC) indicate motor vehicle deaths were 9% higher through the first six months of 2016 than in 2015, and 18% higher than two years ago at the six month mar k.

While many factors likely contributed to the fatality increase, a stronger economy and lower unemployment rates are at the core of the trend

October 1, 2016 – Driverless cars could reduce traffic fatalities by up to 90%, says report

“Doublethink is the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.”

George Orwell, from “1984”

April 18, 2015 – At least 18 people have been killed in a southeastern Nigerian town due to a “mysterious” disease which kills in less than 24 hours

April 20, 2015 – Weedkiller likely cause of Nigeria ‘mystery disease’: WHO

In the Future, people are going to marvel that a populace could be so credulous, so taken in my ruses so simple and repetitive.

Certainly, some puzzles are baffling, and mysterious. But to believe, to conceive that a globally-linked establishment with incredible intellectual and monetary reach and scope could be so serially baffled and puzzled? Not smarter than a fifth grader.

The truth is that the general populace – or their subconscious minds, anyway – are more than okay with accepting a proffered plausible deniability excuse, no matter how lame, in exchange for not having to take action, or personal responsibility. And the folks who are for this moment still in charge know that very well.

The good news about repeatedly-deployed memes as vehicles for social engineering and control is that, once the rubes figure out they’ve been had, have been the victims of a “ confidence game ”, the whole thing collapses pretty quick.

Maybe it will be figuring out that the folks in charge are coming after THEM is what’s going to at last wake the sleeping masses. We shall see.

p.s., More “female” grist for the mill, below, re: "Scientists seeking cause of mysterious heart attack plaguing young women

“Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there’s anything that women are doing to themselves for risk factors , which is what makes this scary,” Holt’s doctor Esther Kim, a staff physician in cardiovascular medicine at the Cleveland Clinic, told FoxNews.com."

Remember: when the school of fish, the flock of birds turns, they do so apparently as one.

2008 – Autism Cases on the Rise; Reason for Increase a Mystery - MedicineNet

2008 – The mystery of MS and its prevalence in Canada - Technology … - CBC

April 30, 2011 – Doctors baffled by sharp rise in terminal lung disease | The Independent

2012 – JCI - Bull’s eye: Unraveling the medical mystery of Lyme disease

July 6, 2012 – A mysterious disease is killing scores of Cambodian children

September 18, 2014 – Australia – Venereal disease mystery as syphilis hits record high

October 27, 2014 – The Rise of Celiac Disease Still Stumps Scientists | TIME

December 30, 2014 – When Our Own Bodies Attack – The Mystery of Autoimmune Diseases

2015 – Wikipedia – Colony Collapse Disorder – “There are still a lot of mysterious disappearances ; we are no nearer to knowing what is causing them .”

March 24, 2015 – A worrying number of dogs are dying from a mystery disease .

April 18, 2015 – At least 18 people have been killed in a southeastern Nigerian town due to a "mysterious" disease which kills in less than 24 hours

April 20, 2015 – Weedkiller likely cause of Nigeria ‘mystery disease’ : WHO

Pesticide poisoning was the likely cause of the mysterious deaths of at least 18 people in a southwestern Nigerian town earlier this week, the World Health Organization said Sunday.

May 22, 2015 – Turtle on edge of extinction after sudden attack by mystery disease

April 20, 2015 – Mystery and Danger of Type 1 Diabetes - The New York Times

July 9, 2015 – Kenya: Panic As Mystery Disease Kills Five Children in One Week

August 12, 2015 – A Mysterious Disease Is Killing Corals | Smart News | Smithsonian

August 24, 2015 – Scientists seeking cause of mysterious heart attack plaguing young women

“Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there’s anything that women are doing to themselves for risk factors , which is what makes this scary,” Holt’s doctor Esther Kim, a staff physician in cardiovascular medicine at the Cleveland Clinic, told FoxNews.com.

September 4, 2015 – 7 mysterious diseases wiping out wildlife | MNN - Mother Nature Network

November 12, 2015 - The Mysterious Rise of Valley Fever | Patient Advice | US News

January 24, 2016 – Bizarre birth defect on rise, CDC says; cause still a mystery

February 7, 2016 – How a Medical Mystery in Brazil Led Doctors to Zika - The New York …

March 21, 2016 – United Kingdom - Primary schools struck by sharp rise in scarlet fever as Victorian disease makes a mystery return

March 29, 2016 – Mysterious breast disease grips Pune - Times of India

May 31, 2016 – Mysterious kidney disease goes global | Science | AAAS

July 4, 2016 – Amid drought, mystery disease kills Zimbabwe’s baobabs

July 11, 2016 – A Medical Mystery of the Best Kind: Major Diseases Are In Decline …

August 24, 2016 – New drug approved for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, as mystery disease causes come into focus

August 29, 2016 – Mystery Disease in Warming Ocean Halts Zanzibar Seaweed Plan …

October 8, 2016 - A mysterious kidney disease that has killed over 20,000 people in Central America may be tied to climate change, says researcher …

September 10, 2016 – Mystery disease killing thousands of fish in Nepal – Earth Changes …

October 3, 2016 – A mystery illness that leaves children barely able to move is on the rise again, two years after an outbreak alarmed doctors and parents.

“I say to you, Frodo, that even as I speak to you, I perceive the Dark Lord and know his mind, or all of his mind that concerns the Elves. And he gropes ever to see me and my thought. But still the door is closed!”

Lady Galadriel, from J.R.R. Tolkein’s “ The Fellowship of the Ring

INCREASING MATERNAL MORTALITY AND OVERALL MORTALITY IN THE U.K. – DISTINCT FROM EUROPE:

May 5, 2015 – Women in the UK ’more than twice as likely to die in pregnancy and childbirth as many European countries’ - Britain fails to rank in top 20 nations to give birth for third consecutive year

Feb 16, 2016 - England and Wales show a five per cent increase in mortality rates in just one year.

INCREASING MATERNAL MORTALITY AND OVERALL MORTALITY IN THE U.S.:

October 6, 2016 - Global rates for maternal mortality have fallen by close to one-half, except in the U.S ., where the number of women who die related to their pregnancy has significantly increased

June 1, 2016 - First Rise in U.S. Death Rate in Years Surprises Experts - The New …

THE U.K. AND THE U.S. ARE NUMBER 1 AND 2, GLOBALLY, IN TERMS OF SMART PHONE USAGE AND PENETRATION:

October 13, 2015 – Smartphone Ownership, Usage And Penetration By Country - In terms of penetration, it’s the UK who takes the crown (in this data set) at 64%, closely followed by the US with 57%, and Germany at 54%.

WHILE INDIA, WITH LOW ‘SMART’ PHONE USAGE AND PENETRATION, HAS DROPPING MORTALITY RATES:

October 7, 2016 – India - Infant mortality rate reduced , India achieves MDG target - The Tribune

(India’s overall mortality rate and maternal mortality rates are also decreasing – ed)

October 13, 2015 - India has a huge smartphone market of 167 million, with the number predicted to grow past 200 million by 2016. What is interesting to note though is India’s smartphone penetration level, coming in last of our current list at 13%.

DISCUSSION

Germany’s maternal mortality rate has been steadily dropping. The German mortality rate is also steadily dropping. So it may be - not unsurprisingly - that a critical mass or threshold must be reached among the populace for “ Smart ” phone usage to negatively impact mortality. And it may be that it is the critical mass of Death energy in the larger environment is the driver, with the “ Smart ” phone simply “walking point” in the Death-energy-delivery effort.

Or it may be that there’s no connection whatsoever between “ Smart” phone usage and mortality.

Jeff Miller, October 7, 2016

May 5, 2015 – Women in the UK ’more than twice as likely to die in pregnancy and childbirth as many European countries’

Britain fails to rank in top 20 nations to give birth for third consecutive year

October 13, 2015 – Smartphone Ownership, Usage And Penetration By Country

In terms of penetration, it’s the UK who takes the crown (in this data set) at 64%, closely followed by the US with 57%, and Germany at 54%.

Feb 16, 2016 - England and Wales show a five per cent increase in mortality rates in just one year.

February 24, 2016 – There has been a marked decrease in child mortality rates in South Africa,

April, 2016 – From 1999 through 2014, the age-adjusted suicide rate in the United States increased 24%, from 10.5 to 13.0 per 100,000 population, with the pace of increase greater after 2006.

April 22, 2016 – U.S. suicide rates up, especially for women - CNN.com

April 22, 2016 – U.S. Suicide Rate Surges to a 30-Year High - The New York Times

April 22, 2016 – Suicide Rates Climb In US, Especially Among Adolescent Girls - NPR

May 14, 2016 – Rise in Traffic Accident Deaths in Greece After 18 years

June 21, 2016 – Child mortality rates have greatly decreased in the DRC - Ponabana

October 6, 2016 - Global rates for maternal mortality have fallen by close to one-half, except in the U.S ., where the number of women who die related to their pregnancy has significantly increased.1

In a similar fashion, infant mortality rates are higher than any of the other 27 wealthy countries reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

October 7, 2016 - Infant mortality rate reduced , India achieves MDG target - The Tribune

October 13, 2015 - India has a huge smartphone market of 167 million, with the number predicted to grow past 200 million by 2016. What is interesting to note though is India’s smartphone penetration level, coming in last of our current list at 13%.

October 9, 2014 – The rates of suicidal ideation were 23.50% and 11.76% in adolescents with problematic Cell Phone Use and without problematic Cell Phone Use, respectively. The rates of suicidal attempts in both groups were 13.70% and 5.45%, respectively.

This study found that problematic CPU was associated with suicidal tendencies among all groups of adolescents.

August 16, 2016 – Your Phone is the New Frontline for Suicide Prevention

And so, thus suicidal ideation increased by 11.74% and suicide attempts increased by 28% in the group afflicted with “problematic cell phone use” over the group not in the thrall of that compulsive addiction.

The two quotes that open this post show how the folks in charge are not your friends, and are lying to you about basically everything.

We live in a culture hysterically, maniacally focused on safety, and longevity, and danger-avoidance. “ Helicopter moms ” drive their kids to bus stops that are within sight of their front doors, and sit with those kids in locked, running SUV’s until the bus arrives. So it’s frankly stunning to me to see dramatically-increasing suicide rates largely ignored within such an environment.

I guess it’s because, collectively, having to admit that the preciousss technologies of the Internet and the “Smart” Phone are what’s largely driving that increase is just too embarrassing. How the folks in charge must laugh, when the well-meaning Helicopter mom gets her four year old a web-enabled “Smart” phone - when they’re four - “in case there’s an emergency!”.

Carlos and I have had some good sidebar conversations in regard to how coming to terms with all this stuff is like facing addiction. And, while my thesis of online connection as suicide driver may be fashion-forward, and, er, at the moment unpopular, I would argue that the term “ phone addiction ” is not up for debate at this point.

So addicts rationalizing and denying their destructive addiction, that’s where we are.

Below, you’ll see some more data, of people with too much time on their hands looking very neurotically into my basic thesis – and I thank them for their efforts, as some people require such things prior to making a decision. Me, I knew even well before I saw the texting newscaster gal walk straight into the icy canal that something was very rotten in the state of Denmark.

You can see below how compulsive phone use drives suicide, and how compulsive internet use drives suicide. It’s easy enough to identify that the commonality is what , exactly, is being consumed to excess. I have subjectively concluded that the “what” is the Death energy concentrated, carried and delivered via the technologies. Wilhelm Reich called it Dead Orgone Radiation, and the folks in charge call it Ether Which Doesn’t Exist.

You’re going to have to use your personal discernment and make your own determination.

And it’s not just suicide. It’s aggression, insomnia, smoking cigarettes, suicidal tendencies, and low self-esteem… in all groups with different sexes and ages.

“Girls were more likely to have problematic CPU than boys (18.5% vs. 14.4%).”

There’s another scientific data point re: “Rising Female Death Rate.”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not against technology – that is, if it is not unwholesome. I’d happily call you on my communicator, say “beam me up!”, and run onto the transporter pad – however not if I knew that use of that admittedly-convenient technology would make me more likely to take up smoking, become more aggressive, keep me from sleeping at night, make me feel horrible about myself, and drive me to attempt to kill myself 30% more than waiting for the ship to land and walking up the gangway would.

You know how people have grasped that Aspartame is bad for you, despite being assured it is not by a literal army of disinformants? How people have grasped that weaponized food is bad for you, despite being assured it is not by a literal army of disinformants? I don’t think the process is going to be any different, here.

Jeff Miller, October 13, 2016

April 28, 2010 – The association between problematic cellular phone use and risky behaviors and low self-esteem among Taiwanese adolescents

Positive associations were found between problematic CPU and aggression, insomnia, smoking cigarettes, suicidal tendencies, and low self-esteem in all groups with different sexes and ages.

1,827 adolescents (16.4%) had problematic CPU. Girls were more likely to have problematic CPU than boys (18.5% vs. 14.4%, χ2 = 34.847, p < 0.001).

This study found that problematic CPU was associated with suicidal tendencies among all groups of adolescents.

In this study problematic CPU was associated with insomnia in all groups of adolescents.

In this study, we found a positive association between problematic CPU and low self-esteem among all adolescent groups , which was consistent with the results of a previous study

In this study, we found that problematic CPU was associated with smoking cigarettes in all adolescent groups , with drinking alcohol in girls younger than 15 years and all boys, with chewing betel nuts in boys, and with using illicit drugs in girls younger than 15 years and boys 15 years or older. Research also found that intensive CPU was associated with smoking cigarettes and excessive alcohol consumption

October 1, 2012 – They found that teenagers who used their cell phones after going to bed … putting teens at increased risk for depression and suicidal thoughts.

November 5, 2013 – Internet Use May Up Self-harm, Suicide in At-Risk Youth - Medscape

October 9, 2014 – Association between problematic cellular phone use and suicide: the moderating effect of family function and depression.

Five hundred thirty-two adolescents (10.54%) had problematic CPU. The rates of suicidal ideation were 23.50% and 11.76% in adolescents with problematic CPU and without problematic CPU, respectively. The rates of suicidal attempts in both groups were 13.70% and 5.45%, respectively.

June 27, 2016 – Elk Grove Village, IL - With suicide rising to the second-leading cause of death among adolescents , the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is publishing updated guidelines advising pediatricians how to identify and help teens at risk.

July 27, 2016 - Suicide is a leading cause of death for Nebraska teenagers and a new study finds Internet use is among the top contributing risk factors.

August 16, 2016 – Your Phone is the New Frontline for Suicide Prevention

In the article that follows, you’ll see how a judge lets a texting mom who ran down and killed a 79 year old school bus driver – wearing a reflective vest! – get off with virtually no punishment, and the judge who let her off “ Calling for wholesale change in societal views on distracted driving .”

Of course, if the old man had blown an air horn like they use at golf tournaments when lightning is sighted it probably wouldn’t have broken the woman’s trance.

It’s interesting that she copped to texting when questioned by police, but then “ a forensic examination found no activity or texts on her phone .” The murderess then tried to weasel out of the charges, but I guess the social engineers figured that to let her off completely might garner some pushback among the rube masses.

Found no activity! Someone got busy too quick, I reckon, wiping the fingerprints, wires got crossed - they didn’t know she’d copped to the crime, already.

The phenomenon of the “ phantom cell phone rin g” is something I should feature in this thread. Whereas this, however, is the first known example of the “ phantom text sending and receiving recollection .”

I would bet everyone in this courtroom has looked away from the road while driving,” said the judge.

Yes. Yes, I have. At lovely women, hot cars, rare birds…watching my TB’s sail over bridge railings to bodies of water below – the list is truly endless. Yet no manslaughter.

For awhile, now, I’ve thought “how can I help change this trend?” – beyond writing about it on an obscure internet forum. For awhile I considered a paintball gun, but that’s too, well, ballistic. I think the golf course air horn can may be a good solution, keep it in the passenger compartment of the Skylark.

I find this to be outrageous, but, then, I’m the only person I know of who finds a great many things outrageous.

But I’m here for Joseph Tikalsky.

https://www.startribune.com/pro…397338931/

Probation, 4 days in jail for texting driver who killed New Prague man getting his morning paper

Driver, who was texting with her daughter at time of crash, told courts she thinks about the man she killed every day .

October 17, 2016

Calling for wholesale change in societal views on distracted driving, a LeSueur County judge sentenced a New Prague woman to community service, probation and four days in jail in the death a year ago of 79 year old school bus driver Joseph Tikalsky.

“I would bet everyone in this courtroom has looked away from the road while driving,” Judge Mark Vandelist said.

Tikalsky was wearing a reflective vest at the time and was on a break from his routes as a school bus driver.

Russo told officers at the scene of the crash that she was reading a text before the crash and preparing to send one. But after she entered her plea, a forensic investigation found no activity or texts on her phone.

Based on the forensics results, she attempted Monday to withraw her plea . Vandelist denied the motion, saying that regardless of whether she was texting, she should have seen Tihalsky on that road.

“It’s kind of weird, actually.” That’s Lisa Campbell, medical director for the Victoria County, Texas health department, saying she has been struck by how many white women she knows who have some kind of cancer.

Did she blow a bubble with her bubble gum and crack it afterward, perhaps throw in a hair-twirl? I expect more out of Medical Directors of large health organizations, but then I’m a stern taskmaster, it is well known.

In the Washington, D.C. area, 60 pedestrians died in 2015 after being struck by a vehicle. In 2014, 53 people were killed. That’s a 13.2% increase, although you’ll note below that the article just listed the numbers, and declined to print the percentage, as that would be more impactful. That’s called hedging or downplaying .

In 2013, 45 deaths were reported. That’s a 17.7 percent increase – where I again had to do the math. So that’s a 30% increase in pedestrian traffic deaths in two years.

In another article below, we see that the statistics show decaying health for all white women since 2000. The year 2000 is interesting, in that’s just about the time the literal forest of towers and related infrastructure that many still mistakenly presume only carries cell phone traffic sprang up virtually overnight. Another story found that the death rates for middle-aged white Americans, ages 45 to 54, has been rising since 1999.

Rising Mortality Among Non-Hispanic Whites Is Only Among Women .” That “only among white women” thing is where the lever goes – it makes solving this mystery relatively easy.

October 2007 – Premature Death Rates Rising in Schizophrenia, Bipolar Patients

Dec 31, 2015 - Heart failure deaths rising after decade-long decline.

January 8, 2016 – Case and Deaton found that the death rates for middle-aged white Americans, ages 45 to 54, has been rising since 1999. (Deaton is the 2015 Nobel Economics Laureate.)

January 20, 2016 – Washington - Pedestrian deaths on the rise in D.C. region

Data provided to WTOP by 10 of the top local police agencies show that 60 pedestrians died in 2015 after being struck by a vehicle.

In 2014, 53 people were killed. In 2013, 45 deaths were reported.

February 20, 2016 – Rising Mortality Among Non-Hispanic Whites Is Only Among Women …

March 16, 2016 – U.K. - Pension cuts have ‘significant link’ with death rates among older pensioners

August 21, 2016 – Among African Americans, Hispanics and even the oldest white Americans, death rates have continued to fall. But for white women in what should be the prime of their lives, death rates have spiked upward. In one of the hardest-hit groups — rural white women in their late 40s — the death rate has risen by 30 percent.

The statistics show decaying health for all white women since 2000. The trend was most dramatic for women in the more rural areas. There, for every 100,000 women in their late 40s, 228 died at the turn of this century. Today, 296 are dying. And in rural areas, the uptick in mortality was noticeable even earlier, as far back as 1990. Since then, death rates for rural white women in midlife have risen by nearly 50 percent.

In the hardest-hit places — 21 counties arrayed across the South and Midwest — the death rate has doubled, or worse, since the turn of the century for white women in midlife.

In Victoria County, Tex., a rural area near the Gulf Coast, deaths among women 45 to 54 have climbed by 169 percent in that time period , the sharpest increase in that age group of any U.S. county. The death rate climbed from 216 per 100,000 people to 583.

Lisa Campbell, medical director for the Victoria County health department, said she has been struck by how many white women she knows who have some kind of cancer.

“It’s kind of weird, actually,” she said.

October 10, 2016 – Car Accidents and Mortality are Rising , Officials Say • World Report Now

October 17, 2016 – Australia - Suicide a rising cause of maternal death

Professor Steve Robson, incoming president of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, told MJA InSight that “new data show that deaths due to psychosocial causes are becoming more common”.

“Of these, suicide is one issue of tremendous concern because it affects physically healthy women.

Of the six most prominent causes of maternal death between 1973 and 2012, psychosocial death was the only group where the maternal mortality ratio was rising .

January 8, 2016 – Korea - Smartphone-addicted teens 'more likely to think of suicide’

March 15, 2015 – South Korea develops smartphone app aimed at curbing student suicide

November 28, 2015 – Smartphone Use Linked to Spike in U.S. Traffic Deaths

November 21, 2015 – Smartphones may have role in rise of U.S. traffic deaths | Reuters

November 27, 2015 - Are smartphones to blame for increase in traffic fatalities?

October 18, 2015 – Smartphone app helps reduce road mishaps

SSmartphone penetration in the U.S. is currently 72%, up near the top. South Korea, referenced in the first quote up top, leads the way with 88%. Resistance is futile, SSmartphones are the Great and Powerful Borg. Right?

Well, not so fast. In Japan, the penetration is just 39%, and dropping. And Japan saw a ten percentage point swing away from SSmartphones and toward flip phones last year. From a statistical perspective, that’s a falling minority, versus a majority.

So this whole mad construct - with everyone you see at the bus stop, and in the cars all around you, clutching a glowing brick, unable to look away from it – is not some solid construct. It’s a fad, a craze, a temporary-insanity, which is going to pass. As unimaginable as that might be to those in the thrall of the addiction.

Everyone wore those horrid Borg earpieces for a nanosecond, now we’re down to a mean, dispirited few.

We’re already making the turn: “August 9, 2016 – Worldwide Smartphone growth slows to a crawl.”

Here’s a 22 year old, quoted in May of this year: “I’m trying to cultivate mindful relationships and a mindful life, and a smartphone is something that I personally have made a decision not to [own]. I wanted to cultivate my own relationship with technology, rather than having it take over my life."

She goes on to say ““it made everything so much harder. It was more expensive,” she continued, laughing, "and irritating as hell.”

Calm, lucid, thoughtful. Don’t you think? I think as awareness continues to rise that we’re going to leave this stuff behind, like any other bad habit, any other addiction.

Jeff Miller, October 19, 2016

July 8, 2011 - Smartphones Tied To 25% Of U.S. Car Crashes - InformationWeek

Jul 8, 2011 January 6, 2015 – Heavy Cell Phone Use Can Quadruple Your Risk of Brain Cancer

March 15, 2015 – South Korea develops smartphone app aimed at curbing student suicide

May 16, 2015 – In many ways, Giada and Evan are your average Brooklyn couple. Giada, 22, is a college student on the cusp of graduation; Evan, 24, works in a museum and as an artist. They visit museums, read together and try to be outside as often as they can. They’ve been dating for about six months.

Spend a few hours with the two of them, however, and you’ll quickly notice something that is a peculiar sight in 2015: Neither of them has a smartphone. With their feet firmly planted in the analog world, Giada and Evan have chosen to turn away from what many of us see as an absolute necessity.

" I’m trying to cultivate mindful relationships and a mindful life, and a smartphone is something that I personally have made a decision not to [own]," Giada told Mic. Her current device? A “shitty pre-paid phone” that resembles a Blackberry. " I wanted to cultivate my own relationship with technology, rather than having it take over my life ," she said.

Grace, 22, told Mic that she values the old-school quality of her phone, a flip phone whose battery lasts a week between charges and has withstood falling down a flight of stairs. “All I want to do is text and call, the basics of communication,” she said. She had a smartphone for a time in college, but returned it after a month because, as she put it, " it made everything so much harder .

" It was more expensive ," she continued, laughing, " and irritating as hell . It was too much phone. It was a bad 30 days."

May 31, 2015 – Cell phones causing car crashes and deaths - Business Insider

July 29, 2015 - Cellphone radiation can cause cancer: study - NY Daily News

The scientists were right — your cell phone can give you cance r.

September 29, 2015 – Ditch the smartphone stupid : Simplicity reigns at London’s biggest design festival

November 21, 2015 – Smartphones may have role in rise of U.S. traffic deaths | Reuters

November 27, 2015 - Are smartphones to blame for increase in traffic fatalities ?

November 28, 2015 – Smartphone Use Linked to Spike in U.S. Traffic Deaths - TheStreet

December 3, 2016 – Your smartphone is destroying your memory – Times of India

And if the Indian smartphone user study is accurate, we have reason to worry. The survey conducted by AC Nielsen across 46 cities in September and October 2012 revealed that the number of smartphones had touched 40 million, and almost half of the users were under 25. The dramatic growth was driven by a desire ‘to stay connected and have instant access to social networking sites’, it said.

Declarative memory refers to data that can be consciously recalled, such as important phone numbers, date and time of important meetings, and critical dates like your birthdays that we store in our brain. "While earlier, we’d easily remember at least 10 important phone numbers by rote , today we can’t recall any other than our own. Our mind is not challenged. Everything is fed in the phonebook, and under categories — family, work, miscellaneous. Sometimes,

In another interesting argument by neuro experts, the very advantage of smartphones becomes a cause for worry. Smartphones encourage you to carry out multiple tasks at once. Clifford Nass, professor of communication at Stanford University, reckons, “It is not physiologically healthy for you because (humans) are not built to do a multitude of tasks at one time. Your phone makes you feel like you have to respond, which then increases your stress and harms your cognitive thinking .”

Dr Bhinderwala agrees. Multitasking, he says, lessens our ability to focus on what is relevant, and rewires the brain to make us shallow thinkers . Varied communication features (SMS, video, Whatsapp, BBM, Facebook, Twitter) available on our finger tips, makes us less responsive to the immediate environment.

Dr Sandy Chapman, chief director for the Center for Brain Health in Dallas, who has studied the effects of technology on the brain, was quoted in nbcdwf. com, saying: “It’s really keeping us at this distracted level, so everything that we’re thinking about tends to be quicker, less synthesised, and that’s what’s making us dumber .”

January 8, 2016 – Smartphone-addicted teens 'more likely to think of suicide’

Adolescents addicted to smartphones are more prone to think about suicide, research shows.

The finding is based on a study by a team led by Kim Jae-yop, a professor at Yonsei University’s Department of Social Welfare.

The team surveyed 1,601 students in middle and high schools in Seoul and Gyeonggi Province. Analysis showed a correlation between smartphone addiction and suicidal thoughts

Addiction to the devices had a greater influence on suicidal thoughts than other factors such as gender, family or standard of living.

The study showed female students , students with a single parent or without parents and students with low standard of living had more suicidal thoughts, but such thoughts were more frequent for students addicted to smartphones.

Smartphone addiction also had a negative correlation with self control .

(Phone) Addicted students say they have difficulty quitting bad habits, that they often fail to complete tasks in a given time and that they are lazy.

Smartphone-addicted students are more likely to have trouble controlling themselves, putting them at greater risk of suicidal thoughts , the research team says.

The study is the first in Korea to demonstrate that smartphone addiction can lead to suicidal thoughts.

January 27, 2016 – Can smartphone-assisted therapy help prevent suicide?

February 9, 2016 - Cancer from Radiation : Is Your Smartphone Really the Culprit? – Food

April 28, 2016 – Sony reports revenue dip following major smartphone sales decline

May 19, 2016 – Techitis: Smartphone Use Causing Widespread Health Problems

May 19, 2016 - Several new studies show how our devices might be impacting our health .

August 5, 2016 – Up to 15 million people in the UK have undertaken a digital detox in the past year, in an attempt to arrest the creeping dominance of smartphones and tablets in day to day life.

The Communications Market Report 2016, a major new piece of research for Ofcom, has found that 34% of adult internet users have sought to have a period of time offline in the past year.

August 9, 2016 – Worldwide Smartphone growth slows to a crawl

September 1, 2016 – Traffic fatalities are increasing at their fastest pace in a half-century , and it’s not just smartphone use causing the spike.

October 18, 2016 – Smartphone app helps reduce road mishaps

Today I learned that 88% of South Koreans own SSmartphones – the highest penetration on the planet. So I decide to take a look at what’s going on in South Korea.

They have a suicide rate 144% higher than in the U.S. More tellingly, still, their suicide rate increased 122% for men and 217% for women from 1990 to 2012. Did you notice that the increase for women was over twice as high as for men? As of 2015, Suicide was the leading cause of death among South Korean teens.

Overall mortality increased in South Korea only from 1998-2001…that’s right when the literal forest of infrastructure that many still mistakenly presume only carries cell phone traffic was thrown up suddenly around the globe.

Cancer rates in South Korea have increased by 3.3% per year from 1999 to 2012. There’s that 1999 date again. The incidence of thyroid cancer in particular increased by 22.3% per year in both sexes. 22 percent PER YEAR? That’s serious needle movement.

South Korea with DOUBLE the average of pedestrian fatalities of 29 other nations.

Jeff Miller, October 19, 2016

Country

Suicide rates per 100,000 people

South Korea 24.7

Spain 6.3

Sweden 11.1

United States 10.1

Apr 18, 2010 - In prosperous South Korea, a troubling increase in suicide rate

2012 - A total of 224,177 cancer cases and 73,759 cancer deaths were reported in 2012, and there were 1,234,879 prevalent cases identified in Korea as of January 1, 2013. Over the past 14 years (1999-2012), overall incidence rates have increased by 3.3% per year . Notably, incidence of thyroid cancer increased by 22.3% per year in both sexes and has been the most common cancer since 2009.”

ASRs from intentional self-harm increased persistently since around 1990 (ASR % change: 122.0% for men and 217.4% for women ). In conclusion, death rates from all causes in Korea decreased significantly in the last three decades except in the late 1990s .

Table 1 summarizes the trends in overall and cause-specific death rates for the 10 leading causes of death of Korean men and women from 1983 to 2012. ASR from all causes combined has steadily and significantly declined in both genders except for the period of 1998-2001 .

May 23, 2013 - LEIPZIG, Germany ― Korea again posted the highest fatality rate of pedestrians among the 29 OECD member nations last year, a recent report found Wednesday. Pedestrian fatalities made up 37 percent of all road deaths in Korea last year, almost double the OCED average of 18 percent .

April 28, 2015 – Suicide is the leading cause of death among South Korean teens , says report.

Australia is listed at 77% SSmartphone penetration, behind South Korea’s 88%.

So now I’m going to check out what’s going on in Australia.

An article below carefully states “ the number of teenage girls who die by suicide has risen .” While technically correct, it omits the crucial fact that they’ve risen forty seven percent .

Suicide rates rose 10 percent in Australia from 2013 to 2014. They rose 5% from 2014 to 2015. And so rose 15% overall from 2013 to 2015. They rose 26% for women in five years. They rose 47% for teenage girls from 2014 to 2015. Prosecution kind of rests, your honor.

The talking head says " We don’t know why this is occurring .”

That’s because “ mystery ”, “ baffled ” and “ puzzled ” are memes, used, among numerous similar variants, whenever anyone in the wholly-controlled-and-coopted Political, Academic, Scientific and Media establishments wants to lie about, well, basically anything.

Jeff Miller, August 19, 2016

March 8, 2016 - New mortality data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics on Wednesday shows the overall suicide rate has increased significantly from 10.9 deaths by suicide per 100,000 people in 2013 to 12 suicides per 100,000 people in 2014 – the highest rate since 2001.

September 28, 2016 – Australian suicide deaths rising among women and teenage girls , ABS …

In 2015, there were 3,027 people who died by suicide — 2,292 were men and 735 were women. That’s up 5.4 per cent from a total of 2,864 in 2014.

" We have seen a 26 per cent increase in the suicide rates among women and the numbers of suicides among women (rise) over the last five year period," Ms Murray said.

" We don’t know why this is occurring , so we really need to see the government come on board with investment in research, so we can really understand what it is that is bringing about this increase and the way in which [women] are choosing to take their own lives."

The ABS statistics also reveal that the number of teenage girls who die by suicide has risen .

In 2015, 56 girls between the ages of 15 and 19 ended their lives, up from 38 in 2014.