It is quite some time that I read this forum, that I made my CB, that I am gifting. I went through all stages of pouring TBs…at first in Teflon muffin models with all the theater for getting things out, pouring HHGs in glass models and again various techniques to get it out… Than I found info about silicon models… it was like heaven… only HHGs were still in glass models and in cone form (I wanted to make pyramid form). In this part of the world I couldnâ€™t’ find bigger silicon pyramid model so I decided to make one of my own…and form I want to have… and I found even here in Slovenia supplier of silicon for this purpose. I’ve got one kilo and started with experiment…If you want to do it my way…you will need some patience as it has to be done in more stages:
- make model for pyramid of cardboard in desired measures. Inside surface of this model cover with wide adhesive tape of aluminum or whatever you want…it must be waterproof
- in this model you are going to pour Â»positiveÂ« of your pyramid of plaster. Ensure firm stand for this model when curing pyramid.
- get thing out and check it’s surface, than sand the edges and the tip of pyramid to desired round off (I don’t like sharp edges so I did it this way)…
- now you have pyramid as it will look in Â»polyester qualityÂ«… put this Â»positiveÂ« on plastic surface and prepare mixture of silicone, catalyst and hardener…mix this all together thoroughly (cca 2 minutes) and than carry this on your plaster model of pyramid (you don’t need to use any kind of lubricant). This silicon layer can be thick about Â½ cm…than let it dry or harden few days.
- when it is has rubber look and touch, Â»undressÂ« from Â»positiveÂ« part and put it again on it (for easier removal later)…now you need to prepare some kind of support for this silicon model as it is too soft to carry the weight of polyester resin and metal.
- this support is again made of plaster, carried on rubber layer which is still on plaster positive model…you will made over this rubber layer plaster pyramid form.
- when this support for silicon harden… remove 1. plaster pyramid and you can start with pouring polyester.
The rest is pure joy! This way you don’t need A LOT of material and you can have 1 kilo (2 pounds) of silicon for a lot of models of various shapes.
Next time I am going to enclose photos of all this procedure for easier understanding.
I hope it is understandable and useful…