Singapore - I'm reading the travel book " Earthbound travels in the Far East – A fortune-teller told me"

I’m reading the travel book " Earthbound travels in the Far East – A fortune-teller told me"by the late well known italian journalist of indian descent: Tiziano Terzani.

Just a glimpse of the book when it talks of Singapore, page 162:

" … Under a state security law, anyone can be arrestedand detained indefinitely. Dissenters, real or merely suspected, used to be kept in prison for years without trial – the record was 23 years – Now the system has changed. A person is arrested, “broken”, and returned to circulation with a government jobwhere he can be constantly blackmailed and kept under control. The “breaking” takes place in an underground bunker beneath an old Chinese cemetery in Oreat Rd., off Thompson Rd. It was built in the 1960’s with the help of experts from the Israeli police. The prisoners are held in special cells which are ice-cold and without daylight, fed on drugged foods and interrogated half-naked.The psychological tortures end when the prisoner decides to “confess”. Thus he is “broken”.

In the past twenty years no more than a 1000 people have passed through that centre, but the terrorizing effect continues …"

… modern Inquisition! So, if any Singaporean or traveller gifter was passing by the place, it would be nice to pay a visit to that old Chinese cemetary, wouldn’t it?