Spilling The Beans?

upholding the laws of nature?

Well, it is worth checking out I think……

~axel

here is the story (source not known):

NEW YORK, NY (January 12, 2009) Speaking last night to talk show host David Letterman, Tony- and Emmy-Award winning performer Billy Crystal made a surprise prediction that the U.S. would experience a “major or minor earthquake� centered around Yellowstone National Park at the same date as the inauguration of President-Elect Barack Obama.
“I don’t know, it just came to me in your Green Room that this would happen,� the Long Island native confided to a somewhat shaken Letterman. “I don’t know the meaning of it, if any.�

The last eruption of any kind at Yellowstone was a small lava flow about 70,000 years ago.

But since Dec. 26, there have been more than 900 earthquakes recorded under the Yellowstone Lake. Of those, 500 were greater in magnitude than 2.0, with the largest earthquake of 3.9 occurring Dec. 28.

Scientists monitoring the situation insist there is no cause for alarm. As of last week, the seismic activity they are calling “a swarm of earthquakes� seemed to have subsided.

In a recent Associated Press report on the quakes, park geologist Hank Heasler said the odds of a cataclysmic eruption at Yellowstone anytime soon are astonishingly remote – about the same as a large meteorite hitting Earth.

The last such eruption occurred 640,000 years ago. That volcanic eruption was 1,000 times more powerful than the 1980 blast at Mount St. Helens. The earlier eruption hurled ash as far away as present-day Louisiana.

But Crystal told Letterman the earthquake he was predicting would be “substantially smaller than that.�

Officials at Yellowstone were skeptical of Crystal’s prediction. “Statistically, it would be surprising to see an eruption the next hundred years,” said Jake Lowenstern, the Menlo Park, Calif.-based scientist in charge of Yellowstone Volcano Observatory.