The menagerie on our deck, including a pudgy fed psychic

When we were in Florida in '00-'O1 we lived and manufactured zappers in the Zapporium (camper shell on pickup truck) in a refugee camp (RV campground, Ft Pierce, FL) and we fed squirrels a lot of raw peanuts in their shells.

Some often came into the camper, ran up our legs and seized the peanuts from our hands and if we overslept, they scratched at the door to wake us up. That went on for several months and during that time the only orgonite around was mostly what we were putting into our Termnator zappers.

Feeding the squirrels there is one of our fondest memories and when we got here last fall (Jupiter, Florida, forty miles south of Ft Pierce) we started buying peanuts right away and dropping them on the deck in front of our glassed front door. Before long, some of the squirrels were eating out of our hand. There were five or so in the immediate area.

Dave Emmett was visiting Jeff and us from Barbados when HaARPIcane Wilma arrived and the feds cut the power in Southern Florida for a couple of weeks in a lame, failed attempt to induce terror in the population. The doors and windows stayed open then, since the air conditioner wasn’t running. Dave, Jeff and I were sitting on the floor by the front door and a squirrel came in to take peanuts from DAve’s hand. I suggested that he hold a peanut tightly so that the squirrel might brace his back paws on Dave’s fist and pull with his front paws. CArol and I used to play that game. The squirrel bit his finger, instead, and got the peanut.

Until a few months ago the only birds that wanted the peanuts were a little flock of bluejays and it was fun to see the little drama unfold every day when jays and squirrels vied for the peanuts.

The cloudbuster is fifteen feet away from the door by the corner of the deck, toward where we park the vehicles. The low deck is fairly square and is built around a large, gorgeous cluster of small palm trees that provde shade. We do our resin work on workbenches the other side of the palms and a large tarp is fastened to that part of the deck to catch the drips. The grass is thick in the yard, in spite of it being mainly sand underneath. It grows so fast beside the cloudbuster that it often grows high and goes to seed before the lawn guys can get to it. YOu’ve probably seen this effect around your CB. I think it’s the CB that has drawn the bird because we didn’t have a CB in Ft Pierce until shortly before we left there.

It took qhite awhile for the birds (besides the aggressive, opportunistic jays) to come to our deck. I sort of couxed a big magpie who was hanging out on a powerline by hte yard for a couple of months, watching us. I had a sense that he’s a spy bird, which is what I call a bird that a witch might use as remote eyes. Some of the more talented fed psychics can do that, in fact. K just like magpies, though, and by now that one’s entire brood is eating peanuts from our porch. He comes first and gets what he wants, then his harem and offspring come to feed the rest of the day. He’s twice as big as any of the others and he limps.

One of the gal magpies has the presence of mind to drop a peanut into the water dish for a few seconds to soften the shell, then grabs it and flies off. A young one fell out of the nest, which is in a pine tree in the yard, and hopped around the yard for a day or so before learning to fly. Other females ran interference for it, then, and we had started putting bird seed on a rubber welcome mat on the deck in a place where Carol and I can see it when we’re sitting in the parlor. The mom was putting bird seed in the young one’s mouth long after it was obvious that he could get it him/herself. One could argue whether this one was more inventive than the magpie who was softening her peanuts in the water dish [Image Can Not Be Found]

The bird seed is a big hit, even with the squirrels, and it attracted cardinals, woodpeckers, doves and crows. The other birds prefer peanuts but eat the seed when there aren’t any peanuts. We buy a 30 pound bag of raw peanuts every ten days or so because we never get tired of the show.

This is high drama for the participants, of course. Squirrels come from afar to get these but we’re seeing the same few birds of each specie–a half dozen magpies, a family of cardinals, two doves, five crows, two woodpeckers and an occasional ibis that lights on the deck to watch the show. A dozen ibises pick critters from the lawn now and then and a small heron hangs out on the dock and remains even when we approach.

Several squirrels seem to enjoy hanging out with us and they’re almost underfoot, sometimes. None of the birds get that close, yet, but being around wild animals has an effect on our awareness and connects us with the earth in interesting ways. The biggest blue crab on the property nests right under the deck beside the cloudbuster but we rarely see it. We rarely see vultures near here, though when we arrived there were several nesting in the area. The day after the HAARPicane last October a flock of vultures was circling in the energy field above the cloudbuster, which is something I’d never seen. We rarely see vultures at all in this area, in fact, probably due to the extensive water gifting we’ve done. Vultures seem to have fled most of the American West when the first wave of cloudbusters were erected in the year after June, 01, but they remained in the South or some reason.

A female racoon was a recent arrival. Right after we got here, her mate or companion was killed on the street, just beyond the swamp that’s beside the creek. She showed up late one night in April and ran off when she saw us through the door but within a week or so she was putting her face to the glass when there were no peanuts and would have taken them from our hands by then. She started showing up during the day and fairly terrorized the squirrels at first but they worked it out and began feeding together. Raccoons are technically little bears, apparently, and it’s easy to see that in their behavior

One afternoon she brought her three youngsters and Carol said she just wanted us to see them. They little ones were about half her size and when we came outside, she stayed and stood on her hind legs but they scurried up into the little trees beside the deck. She stopped coming around during the day a couple weeks ago and a big male now comes at night. I saw him through the door late one night when I got up and he watched me but kept on eating the seeds that were left over from the day.

A sole opossum comes now and then, always in the middle of the night. He chews individual peanuts and then spits out the mass of shell and peanuts. Does the same with the seed and the little lumps of chewed mater were a puzzle before I saw him doing it. The first time he saw me he lumbered away but eventually he just stayed adn chewed while looking at me through the glass.

OUr duplex neighbor, Anthony, told us that three large iguanas were in the yard a couple of times when he returned late at night. I didn’t even know these lived in Florida. Anthony’s been here for years but has never seen iguanas. He assumed they were escaped pets. I tore up half a head of cabbage and left it in the yard where he said they were.

Every specie of animals have distinct behavior characteristics and mental patterns and each individual within the specie has its unique makeup, just like people do. This report might seem a little boring–well, if it seems boring, it is to you. I’m trying to express that the more we are able to sit and observe animals, the more we will appreciate their participation with us in our world. Some aspects of our educatoin have to be in non-verbal form, after all. I can tell you that our interaction with so many little wild animals is precioius but I don’t have a clue how to express why that is.

Two days ago I woke up at six AM with an image of a heavy-set, short woman with dark hair, in her mid forties, walking onto the deck in the spot where the animals feed. I knew I was seeing something that had happened and I asked Carol about it. She said htat during the night she knew someone was on the deck but since it onlysounded like a racoon she didnt’ get up. She confirned that it was a fed psychic and that I had seen her image, so we blasted her in retrospect. The psychic had taken the plastic bag off of Carol’s grinder and set it aside. I guess that was nature’s way of telling us that a human had been on the deck during the night [Image Can Not Be Found]

In terms of talent, the feds have the cream of the crop of human psychics on their payroll. The fact that this one had to trespass in order to get a fix on us or take something personal from us to try to work her filthy magic shows how desperate they are these days. Mostly, we see middle-aged and elderly fed psychics; young ones (the vast majority) just don’t have the focus needed to try to take down hard targets like all of us.

I may add to this thread when new things develop. I think I reported that Carol sawa a mommy and baby manatee by our dock the day after she had a feeling that they would show up. That was several months ago.

Jeff just showed up and we’re off to gift the sea between Key Largo and South Miami.

~Don