How Is The US Congress Like A Nevada Brothel?

Don Croft
17 Oct 2008 21:33
Subject: How is the US Congress like a Nevada Brothel?
Hong Kong Johnny sent me the following funny bit:

“Back in 1990,â€? writes a reader, passing on a viral story that’s infested the Internet lately, “the government seized the Mustang Ranch brothel in Nevada for tax evasion and, as required by law, tried to run it. They failed and it closed. Now we are trusting the economy of our country to a pack of nitwits who couldn’t make money running a whorehouse and selling booze…

“This is exactly what I’m talking about… The Mustang Ranch is back in private hands and open for business once again. For those gentle readers who may be less worldly than others, the Mustang Ranch was, at one time, the largest brothel in Nevada, as well as being the first licensed bordello in that state… After several years of tax shenanigans by the owner, the Mustang Ranch became the first (official, licensed) brothel run by the United States federal government.

“They lost money…

“Now, this is just my opinion, but if your money-handling skills are so poor that you can’t even make a profit selling sex, then you have absolutely no business getting involved in more complicated financial areas.â€?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I think the writer is missing some salient points:

The US Congress is the oldest brothel on the continent and it’s been extremely profitable since 1789 or so, even though most Congressmen are not attractive at all. Their johns are corporate lobbyists and the whores in Congress get paid exponentially more than the prettier whores in Nevada do.

Another distinction is that teh Nevada whores aren’t harming anyone but the Congressional whores do nothing but harm.

I’m sooooooooooo tired of being governed by felons!

May the states secede, now?

~Don