How To Make Ed Leedskalnin's Engine Work

I don’t know that this post will be necessarily orgone-related; if the moderators wish it to be removed for being off-topic I will do so, or they may at their discretion. If such is the case, please forgive my breaking of the board’s policies.

(For what it’s worth, I believe it is tangentially orgone-related. I suspect that orgone might be the radiations along a third axis of the electro-magnetic interaction. We’re in a 3-D world, right? Anyways….)

I read Ed Leedkalnin’s book ‘Magnetic Current’ some time ago & got some neat ideas, but didn’t make much sense of it at the time. Not long ago, I found an illustrated version & read it cover to cover a couple times, until I felt like I had gotten a pretty good handle on the material. Then I went surfing around to see what others had been doing with the info & found out that no one seems to have been able to replicate Leedskalnin’s crazy accomplishments.

Ed is the guy who built Coral Castle, & who really needs to say anything more? Dude moved mountains, metaphorically speaking: you can see for yourself where the mountains used to be & where they are now.

(Note: This is the very reason I felt the risk of going off-topic worthwhile. Break the chains!)

It appears that no one has been able to reproduce the man’s results because they’ve only been building half of the machine, the stator component (the rotor is the twirley part, the stator is the base part), & incompletely at that.

That’s the most famous picture of Ed holding his machine, that I know of. Look at this:

Now, here in Ed’s own words, is his description of what I believe to be the components left out of the above pictured device:

(EDIT: for some reason the pictures aren’t displaying the way I want them to; they should be much larger, especially RIGHT HERE, where the ‘big deal’ is supposed to be.
Basically, what it’s getting at is that there’s supposed to be some kind of six-pronged spinning armature which is the rotor-part. But if you read his book (link below) you can definitely figure it out)

Look at the striping on the horse-shoe magnets above; then, keep that in mind when considering Ed’s words:

Another set of parts from the device that I haven’t seen others reproduce are the special coil-windings that go around the stator-magnets. You can see from the picture that the coils would have been buried in the cement housing (which would be needed, as the magnets would be super-charged while operating & probably flown apart without it.) He might also have covered the coils with a ferrous sheath, as with the rotor-arms. I’m guessing that the extra coils would be the needed ‘push’ to give it perpetual motion.
I think it likely that the coils were connected one-to-the-other in series, with the final terminals connected to a transformer of some kind—possibly the one shown in the bottom left corner of the photo above.

The photo below (enlarged) shows what I believe to be the wire-connection to the transformer.

I believe that the actual N-S polarities of the stator-magnets would be flipping as the engine was in motion, because of certain things he writes in his book:

The stator will have to be constructed from an even number of magnets; polarity tests done with a compass show definitively that the horse-shoe magnets are arranged side-by-side with matching (mutually repulsing) polarities.

Pictures are reproduced under Philosophy of the Creative Commons act… ; here’s a link to the illustrated book, which is provided in the same spirit:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/242432/Ed-Leedskalnin-Magnetic-Current-Illustrated

I believe he went with high-Voltage by use of small-gauge wire around the stator-magnets, & in general; you can tell by how he words things, his omission of large wire suggests he didn’t bother with using thick wire for amperage, but preferred small-gauge copper at over 1,500 turns.

This post is petering out at this point; I intend to attempt building one of these engines someday, given the opportunity. If taken with the information in William Lyne’s books, it’s conceivable one could make a flying vehicle, along with the free electricity. If I manage to get it to work, I’ll post updates with video….