Meet Cassandria of Quebecorgone.com

She sent me this link after reading one of my posts that mentioned skindiving:

[http://www.choosecornwall.ca/eng/news/4]
I want one of those monofins she uses.

I didn’t know this is also an interest of hers but it’s terrific that she’s in the Panama because there’s some really clear water there. It’s nice to go deep nd still look up to see the surface. I used to go to the white sand bottom in the Caribbean just to do that . When you look up to see your boat it looks very tiny from that distance --no wetsuit is needed, by the way, because the water is comfortable in the tropics. I’m a little afraid to dive in the deep sea where I can’t see the bottom–sort of like a fear of heights. I hear some folks are even afraid of widths

The clearest water I ever saw was in the little ship harbor on the island of Koror in the Belau islands of Micronesia, where I spent a summer during high school. It was 200’ deep and you could see a dime on the bottom from the dock, which was built on the edge of a reef. I used to dive off the long pier of Fredericksted on St Croix–about 70 feet deep and very clear. I once dived under a nuclear submarine that was docked there.

It’s good to put interesting personal info in posts because our readers can more easily identify with us, then.

Cassandria is being visited by a lot of dolphins these days in Panama, where she lives on a sailboat.

~Don

Thanks Don for posting this. I think it’s great when we discover common interests and passions beyond orgonite and energy work! And it does make things more interesting and substantial for our readers, indeed.

I must say, the underwater visibility on this side of Panama (I’m on the Caribbean side) is quite poor, as opposed to the Pacific side. The best diving conditions I’ve had so far were in Roatan, Honduras. Visibility was amazing: I could see the bottom plate on my training line down at 120 ft easily. Water was so warm, so pristine.

I stayed there for a couple of weeks last year, right after I won the Canadian nationals. I was training extensively to grab a national record, and I probably would have stayed there if not for the fact that 3 men invaded my house one night, putting guns to my head to rob me. Needless to say, I am no going back to Honduras anytime soon. This ordeal eventually prompted me to get seriously back full-time into gifting and energy work, so it’s not so bad, in the end.

In Roatan I would setup my training line past the dropoff, right above the edge of the Caiman trench, with a depth of several thousand feet below. I don’t mind when I can’t see the bottom, obviously, as long as I have a proper diving line setup, with safety lanyard and all. Also, I would never dive alone without a safety diver present, and I strongly advise against any solo underwater breath holding activities, no matter the depth and/or bottom time. Anybody reading this and curious about freediving or interested in trying this wonderful sport – whether at a competitive level or simply recreational – I highly recommend an AIDA or SSI freediving course to get the basics of freediving physionomy and most importantly, safety.

I find it really exhilarating, liberating and yet relaxing to dive deep, below 2 or 3 atmospheres (60-90ft+) because it triggers the so-called “mammalian diving reflex” which is a mechanism that all humans have that we share with our cetacean cousins – obviously their diving reflex is much more developed than the two-legged human species. Also, cold water works best to access the diving reflex. I really enjoyed diving in a fresh water quarry last year, even if the water temperature was only (4C / 40F)…

I find that diving with a monofin also allows me to get in touch and access profound archetypal aspects within, too.

Cassandria