Please Post Reports in Your Native Language

The Africans are getting a wide readership in East Africa because of the Kiswahili postings. Many of the readers are contacting the individuals within the kikundi, now.

So it occurred to me that it would be useful for everyone, here, whose native tongue is not English to perhaps use translate.com to also post some of their material in their own language in addition to the English posting. I bet this will draw a lot more readers and gifters to EW.

Translate.com is the first translation website I’ve used that seems to work. I’ve been using it to help me learn Kiswahili and to communicate better with Fatuma, Hibrahim and Eliud, who are posting their reports in that language from Somalia, Ethiopia and Tanzania. In Tanzania, Kiswahili is the official language, by the way.

Here are simple instructions for using the site:

You can go to translate.com, then type your Kiswahili message in the left side box. You’l see a little box (two lines above the larger text box) that says ‘English’ and a ‘down’ arrow is beside it. Click on that box and you’ll see a list of all the languages available. Click on Swahili.

Then, two lines above the ride-side large box there’s a small blue box that says ‘Translate.’ To the left of this is another small box with the name of a language in it. Click on that and all the languages will come up. You can click on ‘English.’ Then it starts to translate, usually, but you can also click on the blue ‘Translate’ button.

I hope this helps. If someone has a better explanation, please post it.

~Don

I made the above ‘sticky’ so it stays at the top of the Miscellaneous section.

~Don