'Sham, sham, shaman you!'

Today’s email load was a little bizarre, even by my standards, and the repetitive theme was ‘shamans.’

I often get up in the wee hours to do my mail if I can’t sleep, then go back to bed before the sun comes up. When I laid down in the predawn, this morning, the clear image of a predatory Native American shaman was in the front of my mind and I haven’t had a chance to ask Carol who he is, yet. i"m kind of eager to see if he’s the same one who, in the fairly recent past, induced lightning to strike someone who had challenged him. His countenance had the air of aggressive self-confidence that you see in some predators, like BushSr, Condoleeeezzza and Hitler.

I had asked Al in Brazil to ask vo Joanna whether she still minds if I post Dona Leda’s photo. The last time I asked was almost four years ago and she declined. Dona Leda is the very sweet old traditional healer, near Rio de Janeiro, whom vo Joanna, a departed spirit I assume, affiliates with and she’s given Carol and I a lot of helpful information over the years and looks after us.

Dona Leda, Kizira, Ouma Lahia, Dorothy West, Credo Muttwa and all the other accomplished, magic-wielding healers I’ve known or been remotely affiliated with never call themselves shamans, any more than you and I call ourselves ‘masters.’ The people who do wear that label are not trustworthy, as far as I can tell, and ought to be avoided like genital warts or else regarded as dissociative-programmed but harmless poseurs, depending on whether they’re expoiting other people up or not.

A friend had just emailed me to say that ‘a native American shaman’ had solved a serious problem for him by unravelling some past life issues.’ He said that this indicates how universal the belief in reincarnation is. I told my friend that the only one among the metaphysical traditionalists I’ve known who promotes the notion of linear reincarnation is Dorothy West, who is a Seneca elder and also a Druid witch. None of the other native Americans I’ve been friends with over the decades have ever mentioned reincarnation as a doctrinal or even personal belief and that diverse number has included a couple of practicing traditionalists: one Navajo and one Lummi.

I offered to my friend that traditionalists often adopt convenient terminology to explain things to Westerners. It’s quite common for them to use Catholic or Islamic terminology, for instance, even when they’re not Catholics or Muslims and the increasing demand for ‘shamans’ among the extensive newager community has perhaps required many of the traditionalists to start using Theosophy-derived terminology and doctrine. After all, to not do so might be bad for business under the circumstances, since the only folks interested in all this are newagers and/or drug users and they’re uncomfortable around folks who don’t believe and behave as they do. The very few native traditionalists who cater to Westerners and won’t make these allowances are exceptions, of course, and they’re successful, by the way, because they’re genuine…

I suggested to my friend that he read Danion Brinkley’s view of life after death to see a broader perspective on the life of the soul because Danion can do that without saying that the ideas of linear reincarnation and pantheism are infantile. Quite a feat, in my opinion, and that makes Danion an exemplar. Maybe I’ll reach that grade someday.

There’s a woman who just started corresponding with me who has suffered a great deal of pain and numbness in her feet over the years after getting struck by lightning, which grounds through the feet, thus injures them the most. She’s a new gifter and got into this healing work headlong, or jumped in feet first, so to speak. The lightning strike happened the day after she went ‘toe to toe with popular shaman,’ but I don’t know, yet, when that happened. She only mentioned it because a muffin pan full of TBs had failed to release from the pan, so she put it all under the foot of her bed one night, then experienced profound healing in her feet by morning.

I encouraged her to learn from the Doonster how to blast predators and to give that sewer rat a one-two punch as soon as possible, as a public service. I have the impression that it was his image that appeared a couple hours later as I was going back to bed. Maybe I’ll end up giving him a one-two punch, too, if so.

My encounters with dirty magicians over the years (I don’t even remember most of their names but I remember all of their modus operendi and they’re the clear majority of metaphysical mavens, unfortunately) inclines me to believe that they’re rather the ones who are heavily vested in convincing people to believe in reincarnation and strident, ‘I AM GOD!’ histrionics. I personally think that either of those myths are pretty effective for distracting a person from discernment, which is a heart function, and especially from personal accountability.

Mental constructs and abstruse claims and admonitions have always been effective for distracting PJ follks, after all. Goebbels called that time-tested technique, ‘the Big Lie.’ The Founders of religions offered no dogma or rituals at all, for instance, but clergy have always tried to turn Their teachings into dog and pony shows, which shady, modern metaphysical matodors point to as ‘evidence of the corrupting influence of All Religions.’ The older the religion is, the more complex and abstruse the crap-vending clergy’s trappings generally are, by the way. It’s the nature of PJ folks to ignore the Core Teachings and to focus on the glittering, non-sequitur trappings, instead, like the way Chistian fundamentalists wear Mithraic crosses and prominently display ‘Dagon the Babyloninan Fish God’s’ symbol.

Why is everyone afraid to analyze the origin and nature of dogmatic myths? Is it because devotees of Theosophy-derived ideologies like these (they got popular through the very efficient, top-down but camouflaged dissemination of Theosophy in the West in the past century or so, as typified by religious fundamentalism, the hippie movement, then the newage movement) are so aggressive and unethical at savaging their critics or guilting them wiht crocodile tears? The behavior-modification ploys of newagers and leftists are evident in the way that they applaud all crticisms of ‘fascism’ and give the silent stink eye to anyone who criticizes communism, even though these two things are functionally identical.

Maybe it’s time for people to stop obeying the ancient herd instinct, stop conforming to artificial, constricting ideological paradigms and just start examining reality with an independent and rational mind and heart. I can tell you that it’s a lot more fun to do that than to parrot abstruse, irrational and indecipherable dogmae, however glamorous and charismatic their proselytes are and however much the newage or fundamentalist herd might pat you on the back for doing so.

My wife, during her very comprehensive psychic readings, uses ‘past lives’ as a handy term to explain some dynamics to her customers, probably because it’s the only way they might easily grasp the function of these dynamics. Nearly everyone who pays for her readings are heavily influenced by Theosophy, after all, even when they don’t even know what Theosophy is. Maybe that demographic will change before long. Newagers flock to all progressive movements and they give the impression that they own them, through sheer numbers. They tried to do that to this network in the first three years or so but I managed to steer attention away from them and toward personal empowerment, instead. I’m quite proud of that.

I suspect that my friend’s native American contact was also being helpful that way and I know that Dorothy West got her doctrinal belief in reincarnation from very old Druid traditions, passed down in her family for three millenia in Wales. She’s a paradigm of personal integrity and I’d trust her with my life but that probably can’t be said for the Druids who exploited the Celts for many centuries before the Romans eventually came in and obliterated most of them.

Carol appreciates that linear reincarnation dogma is constricting and incapable of encompassing the infinitely broad, mysterious and intricate reality of the soul’s progress but she’s more pragmatic than I am; she also hates confrontation. I guess my karma was just destined to run over others’ dogmas. If you’re reading this and are devoted to linear reincarnation dogmas, I"m sure you won’t hold my expressed observations and opinions against Carol, unless you’re already our enemy. I often wonder how many of the 4 or 5 hundred readers of EW are our avowed enemies, trying to glean a kernel of ammunition to use to savage our reputations.

Maybe it’s easy for me to broach the subject of popular but restricting mythology because I’ve been floating on a sea of subterfuge for the past five years, so a little more stormy chaos and anathema around me and under the surface (slander campaigns are usually what my enemies resort to) won’t be noticeable. For many decades, I’ve wanted an opportunity to take a good shot at the obsolete human herd instinct, as manifested in these threadbare, infantile but extremely popular Theosophical dogmas in the benighted West.

The capper in today’s ‘shaman’ email parade was a note from another new gifting couple who begged Carol for help overcoming psychic assaults that had been occuring over the past two years. She named a long list of ‘professional shamans’ who had failed to help her and her hubby overcome these attackers, noting that some of the paid shamans only made things worse for them. Go figure [Image Can Not Be Found]

I rarely encounter the word, ‘shaman’ in my email, which is why today’s multiple references, coupled with that psychic image, made such an impression. Judy in Nairobi was inundated with interference and aggression from a bunch of American and African dirty magic vendors not long ago, including one charismatic would-be associate in Georgia (he’s married to a long-time friend of hers) whose website is ‘theosophy.com’ or some such. I only mention this in case this sudden appearance of ‘shamanic’ cosmic debris represents an unfolding trend or a new strategy to undermine this network by the World Odor’s tireless sewer rats.

Dr Reich struggled with the idea of the existence of God, also with the notion of whether orgone has intelligence or not. Ten years or so after his death, humanity experienced a boost in awareness, which the World Odor managed to pirate with the hippie and newage movement, but people became generally aware, then, of the unified nature of reality. People in Reich’s generation were so steeped in mehcanistic materialism that he wondered whether he was going insane from witnessing the existence of a much higher and more refined, life-filled order than Newton and Einstein had epitomized.

By now, I’m banking on the assurance that we’ve moved past the default, Theosophical notion that we’re all God and that, contrary to that irrational claim, we’re also confined to a narrow, heartless and mean path of spiritual progress through being confined to a succession of physical bodies. This exemplifies the schizoid nature of human-derived ideological programming, I think. To me, that’s sort of like believing that a root will keep coming back as a root until it makes the grade, according to some anonymous standard, and turns into a flower.

Dr Len Horowitz asked Carol to clear his property in Hawaii after some allegedly reputable Hawaiian shamans had made things worse after taking his money to clear the energy there. She cleared it up easily enough with some intelligently placed orgonite and was knocked to the ground when she found the key energy point and gifted it. I suspect that the assailant was one of these fake shamans. I doubt that the genuine kanunas in Hawaii, of whom I believe the author, Serge Kahili King, is one, put out showcards or act like hucksters but most Westerners who are aware of a broader reality than the PJ folks’ seem to immediately gravitate to the glitzy, chest-pouding fakers (‘shamans!’), every time.

An EW poster and vendor is a native American who has long been quietly involved with more genuine metaphysical traditions and practices through associating with reputable healers from around the continent and I’m going to ask him to tell us something about all that so that our readers can get some perspective. I’m only an observer, after all, not intimately informed about how this all works, but I know from personal experience over the past 35 years that the genuine ones around the world are very heart-connected and are more interested in helping others than in getting a following, promoting dogma and lining their pockets through exploitation. The problem, perhaps, is that they’re rarely heard from outside of their own social milieu. I bet they’re plenty tired of this parade of jerks who make them look bad by association, though.

I’ve avoided using institutional terminology in this presentation and if you want to debate me, which you’re welcome to do in this thread or elsewhere, I hope you’ll do us the courtesy of not resorting to dogmatic formulae and terminology.

As has been said, ‘The spark of truth is often produced by the clash of differing opinions.’

~Don

I just got this from Al in Rio:

> Hi Don,
>
> Vó Joana said that she “cannot unsay what she said previously”, so “no”.
> She understands your thoughts, but she does not want to create a
> personna, an image that is just that; an image. I read your post just
> now while I was waiting for Dona Leda’s call. You gave me “the answer” in
> that post! So after Dona Leda explained Vó Joana´s point of view I
> remembered your words; “to ask vo Joanna whether she still minds if I post
> Dona Leda’s photo.” That’s it, you are a genius – Dona Leda’s photo ,
> so I asked Dona Leda if you could put up her photo, she said that would
> not be a problem at all . So this week I am taking her picture – without
> Vó Joana’s manifestation.
>
> Now regarding your question; yes, she is as you say a departed spirit -
> or rather a long departed but still present spirit. Joana was a slave in
> the old plantation days here in Brazil, she was brought over from
> Aruanda, Africa. She was initiated into the craft of spiritual healers,
> and yes she does not call herself a shaman, or whatever one of those
> labels that are bandied about, she had done some not too good stuff while
> on earth with her skills, and hurt people. So after her death, she was
> given the task by, she says, Christ – the being responsible for humans
> on earth, responsible in the sense of providing us with access to the
> “higher realms of God” – we also have a “personal father”, she says
> it’s the Jesus within, – who has a link with Christ, and he helps us,
> when we ask for help, be it through prayer, or just thought, to receive
> “the blessings”…the task was to “pray over” people, bringing them,
> blessings, instruction, intuition, cleaning of negativities, etc.She
> achieves this by incorporating into , for the past 50 years, in Dona
> Leda. Before that in other “cavalos” (horses), people as a “horse”,
> these are her terms.
>
> There is more of course, but that is the basic information. Yes, from
> what I know of Huna, King is legit, I’ll send you an e-book that is
> excellent in bringing up to date the original Max Freedom Long texts.
>
> Take care,
>
> Al

I hadn’t given reincarnation 5 minutes thought until you suggested I was a believer in linear reincarnation. I don’t know if those Native Americans called themselves Shamans or not, all I know is a white guy went to some Native Americans and asked them to solve a problem he had regarding a difficult relationship he had with a woman–something along the lines of <em>they couldn’t live together, and couldn’t live apart</em>. He had gotten rid of all his other “stuff” through TIR (a scientology tec) but couldn’t get rid of this.

They taught him what is termed ‘soul retrieval’ I don’t know who created that term, but I just Googled it and came up with this explanation for it:

<em>“Soul Retrieval is the recovery of parts of the person that she left or lost somewhere, or that were stolen or borrowed by somebody else. The objective is to make the person more whole and more present. The idea of Soul Retrieval originates in ancient shamanic practices. American Indians would do it in drumming ceremonies where the shaman would travel off into the past or into alternate realities and find the part of the person that was missing and invite it to come back.”
http://www.worldtrans.org/TP/TP1/TP1-111.HTML

I don’t know if that is a belief in linear reincarnation. All I can say regarding my one experience of it is I had a strong emtional experience with someone in a past life, I think I maybe loved someone who went off, or something like that. That may have been impacting on my present day relationships, but not that much obviously as I can’t recall much of it. There was someone else who was causing my partner a fair bit of hassle that went away completely after soul retrieval. Can’t prove it was that but an interesting coincidence.

Anyway, his problem was cured and they could live apart without any problem, I don’t know what the explanation for their problem was, must have been they had an emotional glitch from a “past life”.

As for reincarnation, I believe in life after death, so I am not too bothered about reincarnation, it smacks of those other things that you get into when you are seeking god or deep self. Things like—-dowsing, esp, floatation, EST, the paranormal (I hate that term, must be a dark side invention), mediumship, etc. On the foothills of <em>searching for the miraculous.</em>

I am prepared to believe it possible that all past, present and future lives all exist at the same time, then saying “past” is just a way of describing where it was in our being. But having said that, why don’t future lives impact also?

All of the people who taught me something ‘spiritual’ wise, by books or personal contact, eg Lilly, ‘Don Juan’, Sunbear, Leary, never mention reincarnation, or not that I can recall. There was a reincarnation wheel in the Warrior Path workbook.

So “shaman” could be like “spiritual” in western society–although one spiritual person I know was called a witch by 3 friends of mine behind her back, my jaw hit the floor I have to say, I was completely lost for words. She should meet some of the fruit loops (a term applied to me) I know! Or know what I believe, not to mention orgonite.

I don’t know if Don Juan existed but I think Don Genaro did as Swiftdeer has a photo of him in his book, or a photo with that tag on it. And none called themselves shamans or anything in particular that I recall–a good sign in your book and that is probably a good yardstick.

Shaman is a term that I use to label somene with a certain type of knowledge, and I would think that is an umbrella term for all the terms used as labels for people with certain knowledge, attainments or skills–used by people like me from western society, where we don’t have that knowledge around, openly anyway. That knowledge was suppressed here some time ago, probably when the got rid of all the “witches”, and the suppression is ongoing.

Don Juan used some terms to describe certain peoples knowledge, bent (dark or light) or ability, sorcerer, benefactor, being some. One mans apprentice is another mans healer.

He also had other terms to describe peoples ability, dreamer, stalker, being 2 I recall. I seem to be stalking the medical tyrant, I don’t have much dreaming ability in the way they use the term. Psychics are good dreamers, i would think.

I can see it could be possible to have many lives going on, from a soul level, in the present, past and future, on different planets, in different bodies, with different life spans, different realities, and not just in bodies we consider as intelligent, like Whales and Dolphins. Depends on what Creator created, someone should ask him.

Come to think of it, I am curious to know how many lives a soul has going on at one time, and why you have a stronger connection with some people over others? is that due to soul contact in other lives? And where exactly, and in what dimension souls exist/live. Don Juan mentions groups of people of maybe 12 that all have complementary abilities that make up a whole.

Could do with a handy pocket size list of beliefs that came out of theosophy. Along with a similar list of the beliefs of controlled psychics.

I take it Dona Leda has departed from this world and is offering assistance from somewhere else, like a spirit guide.

The more you look into it the more interesting it gets.

john

PS. I use the term ‘soul’ but as in reincarnation, I haven’t read anyone of interest to me that mentions the term, that I recall.

Sorry, John–I surely wasn’t trying to put the spotlight on our private conversation. I felt confident that nobody would think of you as the mentioned ‘friend,’ in the process, but thanks for your comments, at least. That conversation was happening when the flood of ‘shaman’ references occured, though, and it seemed like a good springboard at the time. Maybe I was out of line to even mention it.

‘Linear reincarnation’ is a term of convenience that I made up, by the way, and for what it’s worth my own religion has nothing at all to say about reincarnation, pro or con, except (to paraphrase), ‘You figure it out on your own; the world beyond this one is simply too complex for the finite mind to grasp.’ That’s why I don’t speculate much or get into mysticism, in fact, but I do like to point to ideological issues like this one as typical divisive tactics of the World Odor, best typified by Theosophical programming these days.

The particular point I’m trying to get across is that a lot of speculation on mystical subjects is usually a distraction and I think that’s why the World Odor encourages so many people to engage in fruitless speculations and preaching in the first place. Another benefit for the World Odor is that if they can get people to go beyond speculation to argue about stuff like this, humanity’s intellectual srife helps ensure the Odor’s parasitic position as titular controllers of our specie.

That ‘shaman’ email episode has propelled me into some new (for me) intellectual ground, in fact, and it’s given me some insight about fruitful past relationships I’ve had with people who sincerely believe in reincarnation, including a Punjabi Sikh and Dorothy, the old Druid. X-2, a very clever but weak-charactered (not everyone who is a character actually HAS character) person who typifies, for me, the more shallow preachers of this doctine, once literally shook me by the shoulders and said, ‘You HAVE to believe in reincarnation!’ That was ten years ago, when I was keeping an open mind about the doctrine on her behalf.

For now, I’m well content to not have specific answers to a whole lot of Big Questions, including this one, because I know for a fact that my own conscious mind is finite for now. I don’t even know who most of The Operators are.

~Don

That was OK, I mostly prefer to communuicate through forums, which was why I posted some comments. I don’t have any secrets that I can remember although I have to watch I don’t embarass the kids!

There are 2 good quotes IMO re spiritual matters — one by Don Juan–"all paths lead nowhere, so pick a path with heart". Most gurus give you the impression they are going somewhere, and if you only run through so many hoops (and hand over your wife and dosh) you will get there also. Battling tyrants seems to be the main game on this planet, when you get beyond the guru stage.

The next is "We are not human beings here for a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings here for a human experience."—-Dannion Brinkley.

And I hadn’t a clue who he was until you mentioned him, so that is a good coincidence, never knew he was a spiritual person. That one line by him sums up what I believe, and the Elite spend all their time fooling us into thinking we are from monkeys out of some swamp swimmer. The Elite only work out of 3 chakras while we can go the distance and experience heaven and beyond. Both places that make human life on Earth seem rather trivial when you are there, and communicating that reality is as pointless as trying to give someone a first time holiday experience with words.

I never liked channells (I read the Sedona Journal for a year due to a free subscription, and gave up on it) until I came across Robert Shapiro’s books

http:/www.whale.to/a/shapiro_h.html/font/afont
and found them uplifting, although it seems to have gone to his head unfortunately.

You are right about causing discord through spiritual beliefs, I have managed to avoid them, I look on those sort of antics as I do the religious lot arguing, not much difference really. I have only had one spiritual talk with anyone (apart from yourself) in the last 10 years that I can recall and that was only about what all the new age gurus were up to. I do live in the bush though.

The Native American comment about the White man goes to Church to talk <em>about</em> Jesus, while we go into our teepee to talk <em>to</em> Jesus, sums it up really. Sunbear said something along the lines of can it (talk) grow corn?

john

Thanks for your very substantive summing up comments, John.

Here are mine, and of course I’m not really in a debating position, since I’m not offering an opposing view to anything; only suggesting that all standard views are confining and stilting and most of those are just cynical confidence scams, designed to get us to sell our discernment for a pittance. I’m going to close this thread and I won’t visit this theme again, soon, because I think I’d be making myself a target if I dwelt on it too much, also might color this entire forum with my personal observations, which would be unfair to the fine folks here.

Danion wisely avoids the subject of reincarnation in his books and radio interviews but shares observations related to that in his public lectures, also shares personal information, like what he does to obstruct the CIA, MI6, Mossad and KGB. He mainly wants to get back to the next world, where he is happiest, of course. Time will tell if a more confrontational public approach is helpful, I think. Whenever Reich undertook a new enquiry, he was plagued by feelings that he was being delusional or was wasting his time and making even more enemies, and for nothing. It always paid off for him, of course, and he grew comfortable and confident with his new observations and realizations instead of schizophrenic.

I lived overseas when the hippie movement got started and I actually didn’t hear about it until I came back for college. it had been underway for a year or so when I became aware of it. I came back to the USin 1967, after finishing high school, and had gotten caught up in the rising tide of awareness in the eleventh grade (age sixteen–my CIA stepdad was beside himself with frustration) before I even heard about hippies but when I encountered the reality of massive scale behavior modification protocols, in which millions of neo-anarchist youth were programmed to parrot Theosophical formulas, including the packaged reincarnation doctrine and the ‘I Am God’ silliness, I felt as discourages as the Parisians must have felt, on the sidewalks, when the Wehrmacht were goose-stepping through the arc de triomphe.

The fervor of that artificially-created paradigm, which seemed to pirate a genuine rise of human awareness, has died out by now but many millions of people in my generation still hang onto the old paradigm and a trickle of our progeny still enter the newage cults. Our generation is only slightly less fascist than our parents’ generation were, as evidence by how monotonous National Public Radio’s politically correct saber rattling and warmongering encounters no effectivce opposition from people in their fifties, at least for now.

The Confidence Man behind the curtain whispers about how infantile the belief in pearly gates, the fiery pit, white robes, devils, haloes, brimstone and harp-playing is and of course we believe him, then he presents a slightly less infantile belief in the continuance of the soul after death, which millions parrot as The Unquestionable Truth. It looks pretty good by comparison and relieves us of the awful pressure of having to leave certain Large Questions without finite, final answers.

When I lived in Tonga in ‘84-5 a young Tongan ‘elder’ knocked on our door to tell us about Mormonism. I was pretty intrigued by this situation, and of course had already read material, pro and con, and concluded that Mormonism is re-packaged masonry with Jesus’ Name added for palatability, but I accepted a Book of Mormon from him on loan and also listened to what he had to say. I even read a lot of the book before returning it, finding that a part in the middle actually made some sense (I later read that this part was plagiarized from the Book of Isaiah).

He was there to straighten me out about How Things Are and he’d gone to a junior college in Hawaii for a couple of years. He was a nice kid and all Tongans seem to love children and treat them well, so when my son, who was almost five at the time, brought him a picture book of dinosaurs he went through the entire book, listening to my boy’s comments. After that, he asked me, ‘Do these animals live in zoos?’

I only mention that because it typifies the way anyone who represents an artificial paradigm relates to others and to the world. That one is usually well-meaning, even intelligent, but basically isn’t interested in new information and believes that others are to be pitied for not having found 'the source of all knowledge.

Most folks wouldn’t consider visiting Carol and I because they don’t want to risk being put under active surveillance by the sewer rat agencies,like we obviously are. Ultimately, this means that we can have a rich private life and a few close friends who aren’t deeply’ afraid of tyranny, so can share some laughs with us.

In exactly the same way, most folks won’t consider thinking about Big Questions outside of one or another comfortable, comforting packaged paradigm. Of course, the big knots will only start to unravel when we work at them patiently over time. Until now, we had to also work on the Big Questions silently and to talk in riddles, which I find boring and kind of dishonest. In the West, at least, belief paradigms are so riddled with programmed fear and aggression responses that if one states his own beliefs, others will either nod in unison or treat the pronouncer as a paraiah, depending on who he’s talking to.

We were all programmed to be easily polarized against each other. We all laugh to hear about a remote tribe of Peruvian Indians who dogpile and thrash anyone who stands up during a booze fest and says, ‘I am a man!’ but at least they’re honest about their aggression; when someone stands up among newagers and says, ‘I don’t believe that we’re God,’ the clever ones will maneuver him or her into a position of ridicule or, if the challenger is more clever than the manipulators are, they’ll pretend to be personally hurt in order to keep a grip on the weaker ones’ forelocks. Like the sewer rats who watch our homes from fedmobiles, the more aggressive newagers will never directly confront you. Clergy are just creepy, no matter what belief paradigm they’re selling, and the newage paradigm has all of the less pleasant features of churchianity, including clergy.

As we get more and more involved with the dolphins and whales in this healing work we’ll need to strip away our infantile, programmed personal and peer-based paradigms so why not start the process now and avoid some pain, later on? The old parable about putting new wine in old skins is a durable one; we need to constantly refresh our perceptions in order to properly assimilate new information/energy.

Carol was aghast when I told her I broached the subject of reincarnation, critically, in a post but she hasn’t gotten around to reading this thread because we’re in the middle of moving. I think she’ll find that I didn’t stick a knife in anyone’s heart, nor put anyone’s nose out of joint. She offered some helpful observations, which I’ll share here:

People who believe in reincarnation found hope in it, so they cherish the belief. Anyone who openly questions or criticises that belief risks making a lot of enemies. If I want to show a wider view, I ought to do it in a sweet way. She says that there are a lot of belief paradigms about reincarnation, not just the one I’m criticizing and she’s right about that, too.

People who think at all won’t find any hope in the clergy-spawned heaven/hell paradigm that has kept countless generations in a state of schizoid terror in the West and, later on, in the missionized countries. Carol went to every church she could find, looking in vain for one that was uplifting to the mind and spirit, then later opted for the newage paradigm for a decade or so, then went through to the other side of that and is happier and more productive for it all.

I started this thread just to talk about the event characterized by several accounts of ‘shamans’ in a day’s email, of course, and only used ‘reincarnation’ as another example of how indistinct terminology is used effectively to influence popular thought and fashion. I forgot what a hot button this is, but I do want us to look at how easily we’re influenced by cultural hot buttons. I get baited almost every day in email by some cynical folks but I usually catch on before I look too foolish. The sewer rats want me to look like a complete idiot by questioning popular theosophy doctrines and there’s a lot of weight on their side because everyone who has accepted them is also programmed to consider questioners to be pariahs.

When I was eighteen I naively expected the hippies would enjoy freewheeling discussions about the nature of reality and the relevance and irrelevance of old belief paradigms in light of new awareness but I found them to be more reactionary than my Sunday school teachers had been, before I became a reluctant atheist at age 12. The ones I met who organized the campus anti-war demonstrations were communists, apprently, though they handed out an awful lot of marijuana. I didn’t smoke the stuff until I was in the army for awhile, later on. When I was in college I was pretty high on new (for me) realizations, which tends to isolate one from most others.

In the late 1980s I read a lot of books about how the hippie/newage paradigm had been created by London-employed scholars, fake mystics and behavior scientists, also the CIA’s own Alper, Leary and Watts, and I discovered that the same paradigm had been employed by the same World Odor mavens’ families in France, just prior to teh French Revolution, in Russia, before 1917 and even in Germany in the 1920s, complete with nudism, widespread hallucinogen use, strident, Theosophy-style ideology, unrestricted sex, lowest-denominator anarchy (which is programmed conformity) and incessant, parroted anti-establishment rhetoric. Sure, the establishment has always been oppressive, but so were these rote, reactionary responses to it. In the older days, tearing down institutional belief paradigms induced chaos in society; these days it only makes society more interesting, I guess, because clergy-derived institutional belief paradigms have finally become obsolete, after all.

The hippie/newage movement that unfortunately came to leave its mark on the awareness boost of the late sixties didn’t actually undermine it, thankfully. The World Odor is only parasitic, after all, and is incapable of actually pirating such a massive cyclic event, like a dog or hyena is incapable of actually catching a speeding car.

Notice how soon after the murder of Dr Reich this all happened, by the way. He expected that it would take centuries before regular folks like us would be able to embrace his cataclysmic discoveies but, thanks largely to the ifirst wakeup call that came within a decade of his murder, we’re now able to easily comprehend and assimilate what Reich had done and to put those functional principles into practice on a global scale.

There have been other wakeup calls, of course, but none of them made the news. How else can you explain how mllions of Americans waved flags and displayed yellow ribbons when BushSr invaded Iraq the first time and wiped out countless thousands of innocent Iraqis? HIs son, the fake president, has done the same but nobody’s applauding this time, except a few drunken trailer trash in big-wheel, primered pickups and even fewer country-club Republicans who are over 80 years old and brittle.

Thinking people who are uncomfortable when facing the unknown eagerly accept packaged, palatable paradigms like the Theosophy-derived ideologies, perhaps, because they equate independent examination of reality with the pain associated with birth or violent death. In a similar way, Christian fundamentalists equate the programmed, comfortable release of kundalini in church (clergy-administered) on a regular basis–as the Holy Spirit and they’re told, over and over again, that it just doesn’t get any better than this. I’ve heard accounts of fundamentalists with money who visited a televangelist’s theme park in South Carolina in the 80s, before that pedophile went to prison, and the pilgrims behaved as though they’d died and gone to heaven. I think the televangelists had learned something useful from that 33d degree mason, Disney. For that matter, I have a list (not sure if it’s legitimate) of 33d degree Scottish Rite masons which includes most of the major televangelists, who publicly rant against masonry by the way. LaRouche once wrote: Christians have traded eternity for a bad infinity.

For the person who takes that giant step and learns to enjoy the independent examination of reality instead of being terrorized by it, the world is a lot more beautiful, fascinating and loaded with fine opportunities than we imagined; also the parasitic World Odor is a lot worse and more pervasive than we imagined. Having taken that Fool’s step from the precipice, I’d cut my own throat rather than accept any artificial belief paradigm. it reminds me of the way that psychics would give up their lives rather than lose their Sight. For that matter, I can sympathize with folks who don’t want to leave their comfortable belief paradigms because I don’t want to be psychic like my wife is, at least until I’m ready to leave this world. I personally believe that we’re all world-class psychics as soon as we die but time will tell.

Emerson claimed that the world [odor] presents a terrifynig countenance but that the enterprising one can pull it’s false beard with impunity. You and I who are quietly healing the world with orgonite and helping to bring an end to ancient, patriarchal tyranny, are riding a tiger, now, but don’t be too surprised if it turns out to be a paper tiger.

~Don