Small E-mail Server Bullyed By Feds!

I used to have an lavabit free e-mail. Today when I tried to acces it I encoutered this. I’m posting this for the sake of exposing wathever crime is being done againt him

http://lavabit.com/

My Fellow Users,

I have been forced to make a difficult decision: to become complicit in crimes against the American people or walk away from nearly ten years of hard work by shutting down Lavabit. After significant soul searching, I have decided to suspend operations. I wish that I could legally share with you the events that led to my decision. I cannot. I feel you deserve to know what’s going on–the first amendment is supposed to guarantee me the freedom to speak out in situations like this. Unfortunately, Congress has passed laws that say otherwise. As things currently stand, I cannot share my experiences over the last six weeks, even though I have twice made the appropriate requests.

What’s going to happen now? We’ve already started preparing the paperwork needed to continue to fight for the Constitution in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. A favorable decision would allow me resurrect Lavabit as an American company.

This experience has taught me one very important lesson: without congressional action or a strong judicial precedent, I would strongly recommend against anyone trusting their private data to a company with physical ties to the United States.

Sincerely,
Ladar Levison
Owner and Operator, Lavabit LLC

Defending the constitution is expensive! Help us by donating to the Lavabit Legal Defense Fund here.

Seems Silent Circle’s Encrypted Email service was also shut down. Silent Circle is a venture started by Phil Zimmerman the author of the PGP Protocol and public key encryption program.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 … rd-snowden

–Azti

At least that’s a decision to be proud of: “It is the first such company known to have shuttered rather than comply with government surveillance.”!

If needed: http://www.hushmail.com/ is good too

You could get a free SMIME (SSL) certificate (http://www.comodo.com/home/email-securi … ficate.php) and have others you email do the same. It works, transparently, with Thunderbird, Outlook, Apple’s mail, etc. HOWEVER, such encryption suffers from a vulnerability for a Man-In-The-Middle Attack. If the email traverses through an ISP that the NSA has co-opted (everyone in the US) then you are vulnerable as the NSA (or for that matter your employer as well using COTS software that does that) can setup a server to masquerade as the email server that would handle your recipient’s mail, sitting between you and your recipient and reading your mail’s clear text. Sadly, there aren’t any free solutions for this problem. Some commercial ones have been developed but they require both ends to be identically so protected.

You could protect your email with gpg (Gnu Privacy Guard), which is the open source version of Zimmerman’s original PGP. However, it is not as “seamless” a solution as SMIME and requires you to vouch for the identity, and authenticity, of the public keys that you are receiving from your correspondents. You could, however, first use Jitsi’s encrypted chat (OTR: which I have mentioned before) to communicate your keys between recipients. From that point on you could trust that your email was decrypted ONLY by those whom you intend. The biggest problem with GPG/PGP is that, on Microsoft Windows, it is a complete disaster as attachments are not handled properly and are corrupted. Macs are better. Linux works great….

Frankly, everybody that really cares about their security, should switch to Linux or FreeBSD. I am now using Linux almost exclusively for my desktop. Ubuntu’s 13.04 version amazingly good, worked almost flawlessly with my High End (Alienware MX18) Laptop and I don’t miss either Windows 7, or Mac OS X, at all… Since it is absolutely proven that both Apple and Windows Operating systems have GAPING holes left in them, on purpose, in collaboration with the NSA, you should all seriously consider this…

If you go the linux route here’s a guide to get going with it on Ubuntu:
http://makandracards.com/makandra/941-u … hunderbird

–Azti

Hushmail isn’t a viable choice, they’ve sold out to the feds a few times, including giving a stack of DVD’s with client emails. Folding without a fight.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2007/1 … ted-e-mai/
Encrypted E-Mail Company Hushmail Spills to Feds

Also be wary of honeypots as we call them in the computer security field. After all what better way to attract folks you want to spy on then to setup something that seemingly protects privacy, right? Feds have a unique way of showing up, taking servers, putting trojans on them, then returning the servers. One email company I recall setup cameras to watch their servers, and suits showed up and did exactly that, and on the records it only showed up as a ‘brief outage’.

Some companies like VPN-Witopia forget we can do some research, and find their offices are actually CIA branches. Witopia appeared out of nowhere, offering ‘secure’ VPN services, but I began to question their instant million dollar budgets, and overly fancy presentation… I was the first to expose their location as a CIA front, and put this information out there, which many cross-posted, and others attempted damage control on… I did a web history search of old CIA locations, and other databases, wasn’t too hard.

WiTopia, Inc.
11654 Plaza America Drive
Reston, Virginia 20190

http://www.manta.com/c/mmc3564/central- … nce-agency
Central Intelligence Agency
11654 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190

In my view if email security worries you. Have your email hosted overseas, in a stronger privacy country. Make sure you use encryption, and make sure the server databases are encrypted. It’s not fool proof of course, but it provides a healthy layer of privacy that makes it a bit more difficult to spy, and quite a bit more difficult to obtain your information. Overseas locations obviously not acceptable are any country in the UK, and most of the major Euro countries. Try a bit off the beaten path, places like Brunei, etc. Interesting, even Russia is pretty good for privacy for US citizens – the KGB will know your stuff, but the KGB isn’t likely to share it. Ironically.

Bodhitree is one of the few internet engineers who actually talks about the massive-scale sabotage that the NSA and other sewer rat agencies commit against everyone of substance who tries to exercise his curiosity on the web. His mature psi ability is a real plus–he reminds me of DB, a bit.

Azti is another one who calls a spade a spade and he’s kept EW safe from the NSA/CIA since 2010. Before that, it was destroyed several times (subsequent servers in three separate countries) and we had to start from scratch, each time; all previous posts erased. He has donated countless hours and once he even put out a fire in the middle of the night at his server facility near Washington, DC. I really enjoyed my brief ‘security update’ visit with him last summer.

Even some internet techs, here, try to explain away all of this interference, which kind of annoys me. The governments of Brazil, China and Russia evidently also feel that internet interference by the NSA is a problem becuase they’re laying their own cable on the seabed, internationally, to get clear of the NSA. In terms of China, of course, they might also be making a play to have their own global surveillance, like the way they pirated the bullet train tech from Japan, haha.

If the sabotage deniers among us ever came under attack, as the rest of us have routinely experienced, they’d probably start seeing the world in a more balanced way, like the ‘American liberal who got mugged.’ My hunch is that the agencies are not touching these few because their expressed denial is a possible weapon to use against this effort. A funny thing about Europe is that when the attacks come they’re usually more vicious and personal than in N. America, though not as physically challenging as in Africa. The surveillance/intimiation Carol experiences in Europe is the worst, which is why she won’t travel alone, there. Vittorio is currently dealing with this agency gangstalking on account of his very informative new website about orgonite in Italian. I boost him when I think of him.

In terms of finding an internet tech to help us in 3D it’s been a challenge to find one who isn’t a sociopath, in addition to their ignoring the elephant in the room. Like Aristotle with his daytime lantern, ‘looking for an honest man,’ I’ve always had faith that there are internet techs who are balanced and mature as well as skilled, though.

Thanks for posting here, B!

~Don

Years ago I provided my sister with orgonite, then she ordered some from someone.

The attacks on her were relentless, and stunning. Which I want to post about elsewhere as to not derail this thread. Nevertheless, they ‘quickly’ hacked her computer, bank accounts, and credit cards. Carefully timed at the exact weekend she was out of town camping with her family. No denying this of course.

I was tasked with regaining control of her PC, and it was quite incredible what they did. I found they had their own ‘fake’ version of Firefox. Literally an exact copy, but with underlying code to re-direct her activity to their servers, then to the destination she wanted. (Man in the Middle) This version was absolutely identical to virtually anyone that isn’t trained to look for these things. Considering Firefox, and other programs are open source, it’s actually quite trivial for them to get their own ‘special’ version on folks computers. I don’t want to go into the logisitics of finding it, but the easiest way is to use a versioning software to examine MD5 signatures, then monitor changes to a product’s MD5.

The internet was developed for the military originally, and is just another weaponized technology in my opinion. The only thing holding them back on total control/monitoring is the ability to store the ever growing amount of information – that’s what the Bluffdale Utah, million square foot facility is tasked with… Too bad every time they get near operational capability it ‘mysteriously’ burns to the ground, this is what – the TENTH TIME it’s nearly burned to the ground? Apparently the facility is having such serious issues that inside cannot be navigated without risk of life, there are ‘kill zones’ of dangerous electrical arcs… At least that is what I have been reading these days… Nevertheless, rumor has it the facility won’t even open in the next half a decade, as it would take that long to replace the millions of storage devices they purchased. Good news for the rest of us I guess…

Incredibly useful and significant intel, thanks, Bodhitree.

The enemy’s downfall is excessive centralization, which is why their failure to organize (subvert and poison) the gifting movement has really hurt them, I think. They’re not even trying hard to destroy this effort, any more, and many of us are experiencing a drop in surveillance and intimidation, though the hacking hasn’t slowed down.

I never mean to offend or point a finger at anyone here, by the way, and someone who read my comments about denial among web techs felt a little bad and emailed this to me:

Was reading your post regarding how most internet techs tend to downplay sabotage and some types of technical interferences. I know I tend to do that, so I’m sorry if that has annoyed you. I do it purposely, as it makes dealing with said interferences much easier, for me. I wouldn’t take my opposing views public, and I don’t recall having done so before. In the same vein, I wouldn’t let myself be used as a weapon against our collective effort again, even though I am well aware that I am walking in slippery territory very often, as that is my nature. Here’s another less obvious reason for me shutting down ES, btw.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’ve known this person for years and felt bad that I gave this impression. I assured this one that I also think it’s important to be pragmatic and as objective as possible, even in that circumstance. It’s part of the process of fixing a problem. Every week Carol and a couple of other psychics clear the NSA hackers off our accounts and sites–they’re like a candida infestation in cases like ours and there’s no passive or technical solution to this problem. The only solution is to fight back effectively, which is something this person does well, by the way.

The ones among us who never get assaulted, meanwhile, have been very genteel about not naysaying our reports of systematic hacking, thanks. A little bit of expressed denial is poisonous but that’s only because we’ve all been well programmed, since birth, to deny ‘unconventional’ views. A little dose of expressed denial, under the circumstances, is like offering a shot of whiskey to a recovering alcoholic. Not many people take an interest in keeping track of how many ways there are to poison a forum effort, though, which is why I was so glad when Hyperion sent me a link to the Delta Protocols website, which I then posted.

I don’t think any of us have hijacked Edu’s thread, yet [Image Can Not Be Found] since knowing background of the hacking agenda helps us understand how to overcome it. The miracle that happened when some people wrested control of the internet from DARPA in the 90s reminds me of how the CIA-sponsored promotion of orgonite cloudbusters actually resulted in this global and very successful effort to undermine the ancient parasite.

Everything I write needs to be discerned and questioned and not blindly accepted. It’s only my opinion, always. Because I’m usually careful to offer this caveat our readers don’t feel as compelled to judge or to assign a ‘right/wrong’ value to my statements. This is just an aspect of consultation, after all. It’s been said that ‘the clash of differing opinions can produce the spark of truth,’ and we can each let our opinions clash without letting our egos clash, I think.

~Don

I told my friends about 8 years ago that the feds were using antivirus companies to ‘give a pass’ to their threats. Basically what happens is the feds give notice to an AV company, such as Norton that they have a new trojan they are using. They provide samples to Norton to ensure their heuristics don’t snag it, and Norton provides an exclusion to this threat in their databases, and codes a pass on the heuristics for it. Now the feds can toss out a virus/trojan, and have it ‘generally’ undetected, and use that to infiltrate. Cracks.AM was exposed as a CIA website, and it is a good example of this. The feds distributed illegal cracks on that site, but these were carriers for their own trojans to gather data.

This is why I have always advocated doing business with non-US based AV companies. Webroot’s founder for example was found shoved off a cliff in Hawaii after he reportedly did some work for the feds… Coincidence? Allegedly the feds tried to nail McAfee a few times, which is why he fled to Belize, and then avoided a frame job they planned for him. Now he is working on a fed-snoop-proof undernet, that works just under the internet, and can’t be traced/hacked… Kaspersky is a former KGB agent, and when he wasn’t ‘complying’ with their efforts they kidnapped his son a few years ago, and was forced to pay up, and play up. China won’t use Windows unless they get the code to remove the backdoors, just another example of how virtually all of these tech companies are in bed with the fed.

One of the remarkable things about overseas-based security products is they DO pick up stuff USA based stuff magically misses. A few years ago I got hit with a particular violent trojan. This thing was so smart it literally knew how to replicate itself in the face of my attempts to eradicate it. I told my friends it was almost as if it had rudimentary consciousness! This thing was able to install itself to my ram and avoid hard drive wipes, and replicate itself over the network. It would utilize task manager to ‘dial home’ to pick up additional versions of itself with enhanced functionality. Eventually I sent this off to Panda labs… After a few days they isolated, and added signatures to it, and told me it was ‘from the CIA’… My US-Based security products at the time completely ignored this threat.

So what do I recommend? Anything not made in the USA if you value your security. One nice application that will truly show you the level of spying done through windows is Spyshelter. It is made by some brilliant folks in Poland, try the free version and see for yourself;http://www.spyshelter.com/about-us F-Secure is another company that claims they will never cooperate with the feds. Based in Finland, they have reasonably strong privacy laws. But when a company makes a direct statement of ‘piss off’ to the feds, you really need to appreciate that! I worked with the guys at VirusBlokAda many years ago. They were the ones to first discover FLAME, and the other CIA/Mossad sponsored trojans when everyone else was ignoring them. As a general rule I recommend good discernment in these areas… Do what feels good, and seems to make sense. Obviously Norton isn’t a good choice, when it’s largely filled with former NSA agents. Webroot recently hired a former NSA big shot, and seems to think this is ‘no big deal’… But seriously, when spooks are in every other cubicle in a corporation, it’s probably not wise to do business with those guys.

You can eliminate a LOT of potential issues with clever avoidance.

Hi Bodhitree, welcome on Etheric Warriors.

What about Australia, New-Zealand or Canada-based hosts, considering these countries are part of the Five Eyes intelligence community along with UK and USA?

I am surprised you are using Windows.

Hehehe… Synchronicities…

I was thinking the same: why not just dump Windows for good when possible? I don’t think fixing something sloppy by design is a good solution.

I currently use Linux Ubuntu. As far as I know ( with my layman knowledge), for a virus to be installed in it I must either install a virus package myself or a virus must be inserted in the Canonical servers into the “verified” open source packages that are regularly updated.

Off course It’s kinda obvious that NSA must have someone inside the Canonical anyway [Image Can Not Be Found]

Any suggestions for a safe webbrowsers?

The primary reason I use Windows is the fact that I am a gamer, and frankly the vast majority of games only work on Windows. So that leaves me with little options – sadly. However Windows can be ‘reasonably’ locked down with some tricks, and a healthy dose of computer skill. One of the best ways to lock it down is to use an application permission application. Which essentially turns Windows into a fortress. I helped develop two such products when I was involved in PC security as a consultant. One such product was SafeNSec, which proved to be absolutely bulletproof to any sort of external tampering or infiltration. I haven’t dealt with them in several years but the product is free now, and called “Syswatch”. http://www.safensoft.com/security.phtml?c=624 Basically it’s an application permission system. In my experience most cheap consumer routers are compromised with backdoors… The best way (I have found at least) to get around this is to use very expensive(back when they were new) legacy security appliances, such as older Sonicwalls, Bandits, Junipers, Firefox, Proventia, etc. They add industrial strength security to a home environment, and many prior to 2007 don’t have the type of backdoors in todays products. Many incredible legacy products are under $100 these days, some under $50.

The primary weakness security wise in Windows is the fact they don’t have a global repository… This is why Iphone’s don’t have trojans, and Androids do… Iphone has a ‘single source’ for their products(Itunes), while Androids can download from any source. Repositories are remarkable for security, since your clients are guaranteed to get only screened products.

That aside, if I was to use Linux I wouldn’t use Ubuntu (London based). Rather Mageia, which was funded by the Italian Govt. to find a 100% secure system to run their govt. divisions on. Eventually the Italian Govt. cut loose Mageia, which has grown into it’s own. Mageia has industrial level security including hourly/daily automated security audits, global encryption, and some other pretty amazing stuff. http://doc.mageia.org/mcc/3/en/content/msecgui.html If I wasn’t using Mageia I would use a Maya-Based version of Mint… Both of which I find safer, and more stable than vanilla Ubuntu.

For browsing I use development version of Chromium simply because this is a version prior to ANY Google nonsense put in. It’s a clean development build, and gets vulnerability updates far far quicker than the normal Chrome… It has no customer improvement nonsense, no prefetch, no autoupdates, or anything else; https://download-chromium.appspot.com/ Then run this under a ‘virtualized’ sandbox environment that purges on exit… Then ANYTHING you do while browsing is entirely isolated within a sandbox environment. Sandboxie is a good free product that does just that. http://www.sandboxie.com/ Now you can add a Chromium extension to encrypt your bookmarks, so even if someone does hack you, they cannot see your bookmarks. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta … inep?hl=en

Ideally now, you fire off Chromium with Incognito activated: C:UsersYourcomputernameDownloadschrome-win32chrome-win32chrome.exe -incognito (Right click Chromium icon, then properties), this is fired off into a Sandoxed version, then enter your password for your encrypted bookmarks, and surf in probably the most secure environment possible. IDEALLY someone will take Chromium Opensource, and write an encrypted web browser isolated in a sandbox. This would solve virtually all of the security issues associated with browsing… Why hasn’t someone done this?

Many folks aren’t aware of the level of sophistication of their technology. I’ve been pointing this out to friends/family for years… Revelations from the Prism fallout have revealed a lot of things.

For example Prism/Snowden files revealed they can harvest data from AMBIENT EMF in an office.(even from a helicopter) No surprise there, as I knew they could do this several years back. Keystrokes on a keyboard send off ambient EMF into a room as well, and one only needs to parse the EMF spikes to gather data. This includes reading an LCD screen without actually LOOKING at the screen, but rather grabbing the data from the EMF coming off of the screen. Remember the old laser microphones aimed at windows? That tech is 50 years old… An old method to defeat it was a ‘woodpecker’. This decide ran on a lithium battery and ‘quietly’ tapped the window down at the corner, rendering laser microphones useless.

A modern method to defeat EMF/Ambient grabbing technologies is simply ‘soiling’ the EMF/Ambient energy in a room. Negative Ion projectors are quite effective at doing this as they dump a lot of EMF randomness into a fairly large area. Pink Noise generators are fantastic, as they use a randomized method to generate ambient noise/frequencies, and since it is completely random it scrambles much of the data. I ALWAYS recommend Ionizers and Pink Noise for folks under intense attack – they work.

Dave Cline over at MysticMarvels http://www.mysticmarvels.com/ suffered a decade of immense harassment when coming up with his powerful ion projectors and randomized noise generators. Including helicopters circling his remote(at the time) home, night time intrusions, and other harassment. I sent him roughly 50 pounds of orgonite, and a pendant in exchange for some of his ionizers. The harassment ceased almost overnight on him once the orgonite was deployed in/around his home, and at the local towers. Note: This isn’t a plug for his stuff, even though I like it, and I make nothing from him – and haven’t even talked to him in a year or so. (as a disclaimer)

Another method they use is ultrasonic technologies. Those are defeated quite handily with various ultrasonic pulsars, you know those ultrasonic insect devices sold for homes? Some of them have a frequency variance right up there where their technologies operate, and defeat them… Cheap defense, and another one I recommend to folks under attack, you might be surprised at how effective (and cheap) some of this is.

Something to add. IPv6 should be disabled, as it tags your hardware. Teredo should also be disabled.

Even then your browser leaves ‘trails’ of your activity via fingerprinting. So unless you mask your fonts, browser header/data they will still be able to follow your tracks, or actively snoop you. While not hacking your system, they can still follow the trail. DNS is another leaking point. DNS isn’t encrypted, anyone can see what websites you visit by examining your DNS. The only method I know to defeat this is to either run through a VPN, or encrypt your DNS traffic. http://www.opendns.com/technology/dnscrypt/ This also prevents them from DNS hijacking, as they cannot hijack an encrypted DNS pipe. Feds also have ‘analysis’ tools that can pinpoint people based on how they type, and what they say. They’ve built a huge database of this. For example if “Joe” tends to punctuate a certain way, they can ‘harvest’ all activity that is similar to Joe, and when combined with other data build a fairly accurate picture of Joe’s activities. MIT developed this system, and the feds jumped right into it taking it to a black project.