The Slow Death of Misogyny

I’m not particularly interested in becoming more psychic but I’ve known about magic, directly, since I was 18 and encountered some pretty freaky corporate/occult stuff in Germany, not long after that, then a whole lot more after Carol and I started doing this work when I was 50. Not much, in between

Most of the best psychics are women. I think it’s because women are more at home with mental processes than men are. Men are more familiar with emotional processes. We’re conditioned to believe the opposite, of course, and men who are programmed to look down on (to fear) women are handicapped, I think. I never gave it a thought until an accomplished old witch and Indian elder, Dorothy West, explained it to me, based on the ancient traditions she was brought up with. She shared a lot with me.

There is some pretty strong, mysogynistic cultural conditioning throughout most of the planet and women keep that going as much as men do. Some western cultures experienced a sort of backlash since the 1960s; a bizarre sort of female worship (‘gaia hypothesis’ is a corporate-sponsored example) and the scam we call ‘women’s liberation,’ which is just another patriarchal manipulation based on the promotion of lesbianism and of the gov’t-sponsored abortion debacle, not on the issue of equality of sexes at all.

I think women have to just assume the position of equals. It’s not something that can be given by men, though the men who won’t resist it will have a better, happier life for it. The corporate world order are terrified of women, of course, which is maybe why there’s been thousands of years of institutional misogyny, probably culminating in the Catholic Inquisition and the Protestant (masonic) witch trials, then slowly improving after that.

Misogyny: a hatred of women

~Don

This is an issue I’d love to share some thoughts on. I’ve been a radical feminist for years, in my twenties. Didn’t know I had it in me – until I joined an organisation in Amsterdam, which helped raped women with first aid. Taking shifts at the 24/7 emergency phone call centre, accompany victims to the doctor for semen samples, then on to the police for a warrant. Giving lectures at hospitals and such was also part of this volunteer job.

I forgot why I volunteered (I haven’t been abused myself), but I do remember how that didn’t seem to matter once you were in. There was this hierarchy of feminists who gradually teached you the social structures behind misogyny – their version – and how it could lead to rape and abuse. I was young and “all ears� for this good cause. Learned a lot about hidden discrimination along the way. And yes, there were a lot of lesbians working there – most of them happy human beings, besides some grouchy man-haters. But I never felt ashamed to be straight, in their midst.

However, something rubbed off: a sort of fanatic view at society grew on me. They had this huge library, full of feminist’s books, which were paraphrased often in conversations. It was natural doctrine to start reading them, especially in the late hours of night shift. There was definitely a peer pressure to develop my own analysis. Which was exiting to do (as is forming a social identity at that age), yet absorbing as well. For gradually it mingled with my personal life, to the extend that I saw hidden discrimination everywhere. All this was encouraged by my co-workers, all females, who offered help for problems that weren’t there before I joined the organisation. My world narrowed and I wasn’t aware.

It wasn’t in the books so much. I sympathized with the feminist view that men and women are equal and both men and women can be feminists in their fight against hidden sexes-discrimination or misogyny. But instead of empowering, the focus on problems turned out to be disheartening. There wasn’t any positive role model offered for being a woman, other than becoming a man’s equal in striving for a career and having what he posseses. Almost like in a competition. Which doesn’t leave room for being satisfied with the status quo of who you are or for loving your male competitor. The same thing is happening nowadays with the role models men are offered – narrowing their abilities to fit a consumer’s life style. What if men don’t want to be boys with toys?

Working as a counsellor in “all male� prisons, sure helped me to regain my appreciation for men in general. Though I’ve always considered men to be the more compassionate, emotional sexe – you guys are great teachers for that – in prison I learned about the social structures that keep men from being good parents and spouses. There are so many legal and social boundaries that restrict men from expressing their love and family commitment! Of course I also regained a sense of being a woman, working in this men’s world [Image Can Not Be Found] and learned some good jokes about the battle between the sexes along the way.

Four months ago I threw away my collection of feminists books. It felt like they were somebody else’s and I needed the room for storage. Women are practical indeed.